• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
THERE I SAID IT.

It has way less fat and calories, and is just as tasty. Turkey bacon >>>>>>>>>> pork bacon a thousand times over.

I regret nothing.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I've switched to turkey bacon since around last September. I think its great. Helps keep that greasy smell out of the kitchen. If you like crispy bacon, you can get a similar effect with turkey bacon by leaving it on the pan for a while.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
It's edible but I generally don't like food that is redesigned to taste like another food.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
maxresdefault.jpg

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Fat is good, tho. Unless you're cutting or counting calories. Fat is flavor.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of bacon but turkey bacon is absolute trash tier, just eat something else

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It has fewer calories, although by the time you render out the fat from real bacon it's not nearly as bad as the package suggests.

Turkey bacon is...fine. But it's definitely on a lower tier.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree with pork bacon being bad for you unless you're getting good fats from somewhere else and you are overloading calories. But usually pork bacon with all that fat makes you feel fuller to not overeat elsewhere.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Also helps keep me full longer. I don't won't to get into one of those arguments about what's best for everyone, so I'll just say, for me... personally, it works to keep me satiated.
The nutrition research says as much. Saturated fat got a bad rap due to poor research. Look at the whole French Paradox thing too.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Look I understand not wanting to eat pork for religious or health reasons, but you go eat a thick-ass pork belly sliced piece of bacon and tell me it's better than turkey bacon. You can't. You need good bacon in your life

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
My household eats turkey bacon 90%+ of the time and....you're wrong OP. It's not bad but it's not nearly as good.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory comparison
Dumb thread. But you're entitled to your weird, wrong opinion. I'll file it away with the other bad takes like it's okay not to tip, to pee sitting down, to vote third party, etc.

Turkey bacon is at least edible. But better than actual bacon? Idk some people think Trump is the greatest American president... people can have really bad opinions.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
I tried chicken sausages recently, they were damn near perfect and almost as great as pork sausages.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Bacon doesn't even have that many calories in the first place, unless you're eating a giant pile of it.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Pork bacon is way tastier, but I see where you are coming from OP since I do not mind Turkey bacon myself.

Jun 10, 2018
Just because something has less fat doesn't mean it's healthier for you.

I'd argue is probably worse since the food industry injects sugar into ever food product to cover the lack of fat, and sugar is by far the exponentially worse macro.

Oct 27, 2017
Better for you, yes, better tasting, no
Is that even true though? The healthier bit? Also I'm pretty sure regular bacon in moderation isn't actually as bad for you as once though. Fat in general is in need of being reevaluated. We had a nation that told every one to stop eating fat while simultaneously people started to become more obese. Sipping on their diet soda and eating turkey bacon no doubt.