• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Couldn't help myself:

deGlrKm.png

What on earth, you did this that quickly?? Incredible!

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
What kinds of puzzles does this game have? I see comparisons to Zelda, but not really and Fez, but not really. Is it more about riddles/figuring out where to go or is it straight up Zelda puzzles with different interactive elements you manipulate in dungeons?

If you're an old-timer like me, think back to the original Zelda -- it's more about exploration and finding secrets, rather than "puzzles" per se. The game uses its isometric viewpoint in clever ways, so there are almost always little shortcuts and back passages that are easy to miss depending on what direction you're coming at them. Trying to decipher what the instruction manual is trying to tell you is a puzzle in itself, too.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
My review at Ars:

arstechnica.com

Tunic review: Don’t let Elden Ring overshadow this memorable Zelda-Souls hybrid

A spoiler-free nudge to add this mystery-filled adventure to your gaming backlog.

This surprisingly deep Zelda-like adventure is charming, evocative, fun, bursting with secrets, and comes complete with some of the best visuals and music of any "works-on-any-computer" adventure game over the past few years.

Verdict: Don't wait for Tunic to land on our year-end list. Buy.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Stellar reviews, though I didn't expect such a challenging game with these cute graphics.

Really impressive work by a very small dev team.

Quellyford

Banned
May 16, 2020
Wow, playing this tonight - huge get for Xbox Game Pass. This service has something for literally everyone. Congrats on the devs, this game sounds special!

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Looks great, but I think I'd be more interested if I hadn't already played Death's Door. For now, that "isometric Zelda-like" itch is scratched. I'll definitely keep Tunic on the wishlist for when the mood strikes again.

Man, it's been a long time since I first saw it at PAX.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I liked Death's Door and this looks just as appealing. nice to see it being reviewed well. will have to play sometime.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Waited so long for this, so happy it's reviewing well. I begin my playthrough shortly!!!!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Amazing reviews.

That's kind of messed up lol. This game deserves a bigger spotlight than being secretly snuck onto Game Pass. I guess I can't complain too much since now I can just play it.

The marketing for today's launch was already in place for some time. Now those who were interested in playing on xbox just have the game tied to a subscription they were already subbed.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm glad the game is doing so well critically and I think it's awesome that it's available on Game Pass. Thinking I want something breezier after just finishing Elden Ring yesterday but seeing how much this looks like Death's Door (a game I didn't like and don't want anything similar to) has made me very uninterested in Tunic for now.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I played the demo for like 5 mins and promptly deleted it.

I had a feeling Tunic was going to be special, kinda like this year's Death's Door.