• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm at the southern overworld area that leads to Frog Domain, but I see a bunch of things that look like they need some soft of grappling hook. Should I return here later?

Deap92x

Jun 1, 2021
Finished the game, its good just glad i got it for free on gp lol also i didnt like the roll in this game like at all

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I was able to complete the whole area on Pg 34, and still haven't found any grapple hook...

I need some more pages or something.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Finished this a few days ago. What a delightful experience.

So many genuine moments of discovery, and 'I can do that??' moments.

The manual is a really excellent concept, and I adored the creativity in many of the puzzles. The game is very good at giving you the tools you need to solve them all.

The Mountain Door was a truly excellent puzzle.

My only gripe is I missed an achievement by going for the good ending first and not doing the boss fight early

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting frustrated. I feel like I maybe missed something in the quarry area:
was there an item for the radiation stuff I missed because I thought I was thorough looking around but I ended up just running through the bottom part with 1 HP and now I'm in a ziggurat area.
Haven't gone back to that game since because I felt I did something wrong. Like I skipped something ?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm getting frustrated. I feel like I maybe missed something in the quarry area:
was there an item for the radiation stuff I missed because I thought I was thorough looking around but I ended up just running through the bottom part with 1 HP and now I'm in a ziggurat area.
Haven't gone back to that game since because I felt I did something wrong. Like I skipped something ?
There is an item for that in the Northern part of the zone (which is also quite elevated).

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
There is an item in the Quarry that you need to get and it is at the top section but all of the way to the North. As a reminder, you can sprint past the radiation points without losing too much, if any health, so just focus on that and get the item to open up the whole Quarry worry-free. I definitely felt the same as you thought, think I asked this thread the same question RE: have I missed something?

Wesley

Jan 10, 2018
Any tips for a (I think) late game puzzle? Am I going insane here? At the Quarry. I've got an image with some lines drawn on…

I've d-padded it in every which angle possible. Not sure if I'm really missing something here. I've only done a few of these and they had lines already on stuff, etc.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Any tips for a (I think) late game puzzle? Am I going insane here? At the Quarry. I've got an image with some lines drawn on…

I've d-padded it in every which angle possible. Not sure if I'm really missing something here. I've only done a few of these and they had lines already on stuff, etc.

It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure you need to include the two on the side, even if one is slightly covered by the rock.

Wesley

Jan 10, 2018
Ohhhh I did not see those two! Thanks so much! I was doing that thing where you over complicate it to an insane degree and sending myself insane.

coracina

Jul 6, 2018
Just finished this, fantastic game!

My biggest manual error was not understanding how upgrades worked for way too long. I didn't upgrade anything until after beating the boss on top of the cathedral. From then on the combat became a relative cakewalk. I managed to get both endings without looking up hints, I like how the game lets you beat it through either fighting or puzzle solving (though I think most people will want to do both). I got all the fairies but not all the treasures, and I'm sure there's a way to decipher all the text as well, but that's probably too time consuming for me to attempt. So glad this game turned out so well in the end.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That was an annoying area. Dying constantly to grenades I couldn't see, lovely.
There's an ability card you can find there, a mask. In my case I had already collected it but I didn't know you could equip cards until I read outside the game.
There's also a nice weapon in the quarry in a chest.

Well I was able to complete the whole area on Pg 34, and still haven't found any grapple hook...

In the frog's domain
there's a room at the end of it filled with enemies and a chest by the altar. Once you enter, the only exit is getting the hook and using it to leave.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019

There's an entrance to a cave in the northeast of ruined atoll that should lead to a new area to explore
The item you are looking for is in the frogs domain

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

My biggest manual error was not understanding how upgrades worked for way too long. I didn't upgrade anything until after beating the boss on top of the cathedral. From then on the combat became a relative cakewalk. I managed to get both endings without looking up hints, I like how the game lets you beat it through either fighting or puzzle solving (though I think most people will want to do both). I got all the fairies but not all the treasures, and I'm sure there's a way to decipher all the text as well, but that's probably too time consuming for me to attempt. So glad this game turned out so well in the end.

If you'd like to read the manual without translating it yourself: https://imgur.com/a/F7d1Ggv

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta say the last hour of this game really killed my enthusiasm for it, being locked into a (nearly) empty version of the game, with the only way out being killing the final boss. Didn't like that at all. Not sure if I am actually locked in, but I haven't thought of a way to get out yet.

I absolutely love the menu/book system though, really clever and immersive.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
Gotta say the last hour of this game really killed my enthusiasm for it, being locked into a (nearly) empty version of the game, with the only way out being killing the final boss. Didn't like that at all. Not sure if I am actually locked in, but I haven't thought of a way to get out yet.

The last boss is optional. There is another way out. You need to access certain locations by thinking outside the box a bit in order to make things normal again.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

I'll just tell you, with a spoiler.

To get your body and day back,
you need to visit each of the six hero graves, which doesn't take long if you know where to go, or YT it. Then you can switch back and forth between day/night using the bed in the old house below the windmill near the main overworld save point. To get the good ending, you need to have collected all of the instruction booklet, which I think also requires having collected 10 fairies.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the frog's domain
there's a room at the end of it filled with enemies and a chest by the altar. Once you enter, the only exit is getting the hook and using it to leave.

There's an entrance to a cave in the northeast of ruined atoll that should lead to a new area to explore
The item you are looking for is in the frogs domain
Yeah, for some reason I originally thought I would need the item first in order to progress through the Frog's Domain. But I figured there was nowhere else to go, so I continued down there and picked it up!

I'm at the Librarian boss now, I feel like this one could take a while lol.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, for some reason I originally thought I would need the item first in order to progress through the Frog's Domain. But I figured there was nowhere else to go, so I continued down there and picked it up!

I'm at the Librarian boss now, I feel like this one could take a while lol.
so in my playthrough i didn't find the cave originally and figured ah maybe there's somewhere else in the overworld i can go and like combed through it for several hours before returning haha.

if you get stuck on the librarian (i did) there's other stuff in the world you can check out and gain knowledge/items/power and return later

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I finished it. I'm glad a small team has found success and that others apparently enjoyed it. Not so much for me.

On Steam it's listed as Exploration / Puzzle / Souls-like, which is an interesting combo and imo it didn't work well.

It's souls-like with the combat, then let down by poor choices with the controls.

The exploration aspect is good, yes, however the combat is a bit hard for that sort of game. It's telling that they put in a no-fail mode which doesn't disable achievements, which is unusual, presumably to cater to those who just wanted the exploration aspect.

It has puzzles, except they are almost all optional, many are obscure, and you don't get much in the form of rewards other than a few Achievements, and a different ending if you collect all of the instruction booklet. I prefer puzzles where I manipulate things in the world, not working out dpad strings to enter.

Regarding the combat:

- You get one decent non-magic weapon, which you find early in the game, and it has just one combo so that's not very interesting.
- You can't cancel out of attacks or health potions to dodge.
- Bosses were well designed, except you lose any items from a failed attempt which is stupid.
- Equipping items is a pain because pressing L1 doesn't pause the action, so trying to equip an item during an encounter can get you killed. If you're low on one item and try to switch during a boss fight, good luck with that, and then the items you used so far in that fight are gone. Meanwhile the d-pad on the controller is only used at specific locations for puzzles. The dpad could easily have assigned for 99.9% of the game to select multiple items including health, freeing up R1 for using that item.
- Who thought invisible ranged enemies in the swamp was a fun idea?
- I finally turned on no-fail mode during that bullshit Cathedral arena where you have to fight many waves of enemies with all your abilities removed, and the game doesn't even replenish your magic between rounds. I turned it off again after that encounter.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so in my playthrough i didn't find the cave originally and figured ah maybe there's somewhere else in the overworld i can go and like combed through it for several hours before returning haha.

if you get stuck on the librarian (i did) there's other stuff in the world you can check out and gain knowledge/items/power and return later
It took me about 10-12 tries, but Librarian is down! Tough but fun fight.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea where to go..the area with 3 fox statues opened up...I guess I need 3 colored gemstones? Also in Quarry if I proceed any further my health gets nicked. Also in Forest Fortress, the way forward seems to be broken so I can't do anything.

Last edited:

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have no idea where to go..the area with 3 fox statues opened up...I guess I need 3 colored gemstones? Also in Quarry if I proceed any further my health gets nicked. Also in Forest Fortress, the way forward seems to be broken so I can't do anything.
you can walk through the quarry for now. you will beat the quarry later. and try some of the teleporters in the teleporter zone. will take you to the south region.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
So the new patch notes say those who have previously chosen wisdom can now choose violence (regarding the ending), but I'm still not able to do anything other than the wisdom path in my save :(

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to pop in to say that I finally finished the game (had been avoiding this thread and anything involving the game, really) and it is excellent.

It turns out that I made the end way more difficult than it needed to be, though:

I ended up thinking you needed to get all of the rainbow chests to acquire the fairies... or maybe it was just dumb happenstance that while I had figured out how the path lines are solved, the ones I was actually able to get first were all part of puzzles for rainbow chests, as I had figured out that there were a bunch of markings on the maps in the manual hinting at them before you got the manual page telling you which page had the hint for each trophy room pedastal. It also turned out that I did get a couple of solutions for the fairies but the game didn't accept it because I had moved while inputting the solution as I was trying to change the camera angle to see the hint. Got about six rainbow chests deep before I tripped across a fairy chest and realized that was a thing.

Turns out that one of the rainbow chests you can't get until you have all of the fairies, one of them I probably never figure out on my own because of how tone deaf I am and there was one that required translating some text which, well, screw that. :P

The mountain door puzzle not being solvable without the page from the faeries is wack as hell, as there's nothing in the game that indicates that. I ended up looking up the solution to that and it turns out I had it 92% solved, as I was missing that page and I had misread exactly one other page. Whoever designed the hint on page 22 should be thrown in a lake, as I still don't understand how that hint works even after knowing what the solution is.

I found the difficulty of the combat to be overstated a bit... yeah, you can't dodge out of certain actions, but that's the point. It does also feel very jank in ways that both benefits and hurt you (enemy attacks can whiff in bizarre ways but the tracking on some attacks is absurd). It also becomes much easier once you figure out some ways to abuse the game's combat mechanics and things get real clownshoes once you realize you can freeze enemies with the fire staff. The only thing difficult then is being able to do the attack consistently, as it feels like you need to hit both buttons on the exact same frame. On the flip side though, good lord does this game have the worst parry I have ever seen in a videogame. I only managed to find exactly one use for it... which was against the final boss, funnily enough. There's probably a couple of other attacks where you can use it on, but man is that thing bad.

A couple of random questions about things I found that didn't and still don't really make sense:
I activated the obelisk directly below the west bell (the one you have to take a hidden exit from the underground well area to get to) and it activated the rail back to the underground rail, but I couldn't find what this activated and it didn't seem required to get any of the faeries or achievements. Did that actually do anything?

Why does the fire sword card not work on bosses? It just seems to make it so that you can't even hit them with it enabled.

I activated the obelisk in the West Garden by finding a hidden alcove in the platform it sits on with a coin in it, then by going in the hidden area and praying... but it seems like that would normally be out of range for the obelisk and felt like a bit of an exploit? If that's not the intended solution, what is? If that is the intended solution, what was the hint for that as IIRC it's necessary as you need to activate that obelisk to access one of the pages.

Looking up the "speedrun" achievement, I found that there were some cheat codes to do things like refill your health and to give yourself items (like fire bombs, which then let you skip past the sword). Was there any kind of hint to these codes, because it feels like they just got pulled out of thin air. And whoo boy do some of those secrets make for some incredibly cursed alternative routes.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Just wanted to pop in to say that I finally finished the game (had been avoiding this thread and anything involving the game, really) and it is excellent.

It turns out that I made the end way more difficult than it needed to be, though:

I ended up thinking you needed to get all of the rainbow chests to acquire the fairies... or maybe it was just dumb happenstance that while I had figured out how the path lines are solved, the ones I was actually able to get first were all part of puzzles for rainbow chests, as I had figured out that there were a bunch of markings on the maps in the manual hinting at them before you got the manual page telling you which page had the hint for each trophy room pedastal. It also turned out that I did get a couple of solutions for the fairies but the game didn't accept it because I had moved while inputting the solution as I was trying to change the camera angle to see the hint. Got about six rainbow chests deep before I tripped across a fairy chest and realized that was a thing.

Turns out that one of the rainbow chests you can't get until you have all of the fairies, one of them I probably never figure out on my own because of how tone deaf I am and there was one that required translating some text which, well, screw that. :P

The mountain door puzzle not being solvable without the page from the faeries is wack as hell, as there's nothing in the game that indicates that. I ended up looking up the solution to that and it turns out I had it 92% solved, as I was missing that page and I had misread exactly one other page. Whoever designed the hint on page 22 should be thrown in a lake, as I still don't understand how that hint works even after knowing what the solution is.

I found the difficulty of the combat to be overstated a bit... yeah, you can't dodge out of certain actions, but that's the point. It does also feel very jank in ways that both benefits and hurt you (enemy attacks can whiff in bizarre ways but the tracking on some attacks is absurd). It also becomes much easier once you figure out some ways to abuse the game's combat mechanics and things get real clownshoes once you realize you can freeze enemies with the fire staff. The only thing difficult then is being able to do the attack consistently, as it feels like you need to hit both buttons on the exact same frame. On the flip side though, good lord does this game have the worst parry I have ever seen in a videogame. I only managed to find exactly one use for it... which was against the final boss, funnily enough. There's probably a couple of other attacks where you can use it on, but man is that thing bad.

A couple of random questions about things I found that didn't and still don't really make sense:
I activated the obelisk directly below the west bell (the one you have to take a hidden exit from the underground well area to get to) and it activated the rail back to the underground rail, but I couldn't find what this activated and it didn't seem required to get any of the faeries or achievements. Did that actually do anything?

Why does the fire sword card not work on bosses? It just seems to make it so that you can't even hit them with it enabled.

I activated the obelisk in the West Garden by finding a hidden alcove in the platform it sits on with a coin in it, then by going in the hidden area and praying... but it seems like that would normally be out of range for the obelisk and felt like a bit of an exploit? If that's not the intended solution, what is? If that is the intended solution, what was the hint for that as IIRC it's necessary as you need to activate that obelisk to access one of the pages.

Looking up the "speedrun" achievement, I found that there were some cheat codes to do things like refill your health and to give yourself items (like fire bombs, which then let you skip past the sword). Was there any kind of hint to these codes, because it feels like they just got pulled out of thin air. And whoo boy do some of those secrets make for some incredibly cursed alternative routes.
regarding page 22
aTic6y4.png

slightly obtuse but not too bad? exposed yellow around the edges of the squares

regarding page you were missing
the game only requires 10/20 fairies to be found before giving you the page. you just have to visit the fairy fountain after you have found at least 10. i was missing at least 5.

regarding questions
those cheat codes are definitely hinted at in the manual, at least the bombs/fire bombs etc. there are little 'dot' diagrams next to the items on the item page that indicate a holy cross pattern

Last edited:

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
regarding page 22
aTic6y4.png

slightly obtuse but not too bad? exposed yellow around the edges of the squares

regarding page you were missing
the game only requires 10/20 fairies to be found before giving you the page. you just have to visit the fairy fountain after you have found at least 10. i was missing at least 5.

regarding questions
those cheat codes are definitely hinted at in the manual, at least the bombs/fire bombs etc. there are little 'dot' diagrams next to the items on the item page that indicate a holy cross pattern
I got thrown off on the page 22 hint as it was the only hint where the yellow line was broken up like that. I originally thought the hint was more about the blocks that were highlighted in yellow were the hint, so I figured it was going up and then left. Which it does, except it turns out that the direction the yellow versions of those icons were going did matter but the icons being yellow themselves didn't. It just felt weirdly difficult to parse compared to the other clues (even the one with the save file, which was super out of pocket but was really obvious once you stumbled on it).

My issue with the page from the fairies wasn't finding it (I eventually did) but that you can get the solution to that puzzle without it (since it doesn't provide any inputs!) but the solution itself won't work without that last page. If I had the actual solution (I was slightly off, but there was also no way for me to know that, either), tried it and didn't have success, why should that additional page change that? Even knowing the solution now, I'm not sure how I would have gotten from where I was to actually having the door open without someone explicitly telling me that you needed every other page... although I guess I'm picking nits since how would I know the last page has no inputs beforehand? I think I would have been much less annoyed if it turned out that last page was actually required, as dumb as it sounds.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ok so I finished this and what a friggin masterpiece.

I have a few questions that are deeply spoilery that maybe folks can clarify.

1. Was there a clue that a cross line in paths counts as a double input? My partner just correctly inferred it but was there a clue anywhere or were you supposed to just figure it out?

2. How the hell was Page 4 signifying a double hit in the Golden Path? I'm just not seeing it. We figured out 99/100 inputs and that was the ONE we were missing. Spent a whole day on it. Then cross referenced our path with the right path and saw that we were missing that. I felt defeated that we looked but then I saw what we missed and I'm so happy we decided to give in because we never would have figured it out otherwise. I really want to know how I was supposed to know that.

3. If you have the full manual, can you not fight the boss anymore? Because I did want to do that fight and now it appears I cannot?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I finished this and what a friggin masterpiece.

I have a few questions that are deeply spoilery that maybe folks can clarify.

1. Was there a clue that a cross line in paths counts as a double input? My partner just correctly inferred it but was there a clue anywhere or were you supposed to just figure it out?

2. How the hell was Page 4 signifying a double hit in the Golden Path? I'm just not seeing it. We figured out 99/100 inputs and that was the ONE we were missing. Spent a whole day on it. Then cross referenced our path with the right path and saw that we were missing that. I felt defeated that we looked but then I saw what we missed and I'm so happy we decided to give in because we never would have figured it out otherwise. I really want to know how I was supposed to know that.

3. If you have the full manual, can you not fight the boss anymore? Because I did want to do that fight and now it appears I cannot?
1. I think you were supposed to figure it out from the line puzzle in the little house with the bed? Before I knew about the holy cross stuff, I found the cave that had an enemy walk a path you were supposed to copy with the d-pad. Even though I didn't know what to do with it at the time, I noted the pause he made in some straight segments. I think that primed me to figure out the puzzle in the house since the little diagram I drew of that path that guy walked was marked in a similar way, so I realized what those lines meant instantly after the "normal" method (ignoring the crossed lines) didn't solve it

2. There's no double tap on page 4. It has two segments, like so: ⅃ L. Page 2 fills in the gap in that segment and has a clear double input indicator

3. You couldn't at release. IDK if they've patched it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
2. There's no double tap on page 4. It has two segments, like so: ⅃ L. Page 2 fills in the gap in that segment and has a clear double input indicator
That's hella dubious lol We got the full shape out of page 4 (Up Right Down) without connecting to page 2. How in the world were you supposed to know to get that info from page 2?

Also it is not patched, at least on Xbox.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
That's hella dubious lol We got the full shape out of page 4 (Up Right Down) without connecting to page 2. How in the world were you supposed to know to get that info from page 2?

Are you sure you guys found the correct hint from Page 4? There are two separate lines in the bottom right picture, between the first and second yellow pillar. And you would figure it out because page 2 has two exits out of the bottom of the page, which you would expect to have to get addressed somehow in the page below, ie: page 4.

techraptor.net

Tunic Unlock the Mountain Door Guide

In this Tunic Unlock the Mountain Door Guide we'll teach you the process for unlocking this door so that you can try to unlock it yourself, or if you just want to know the solution we'll have it listed below.

That's... wow.. actually hella impressive haha.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019

It's not a connected shape on page four. It's drawn small so like I totally get misreading it, but I think when you add the page 2 shape to your graph , the only correct interpretation of page 4 ( the only way that makes sense with the above page ) is 2 disconnected lines.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure you guys found the correct hint from Page 4? There are two separate lines in the bottom right picture, between the first and second yellow pillar. And you would figure it out because page 2 has two exits out of the bottom of the page, which you would expect to have to get addressed somehow in the page below, ie: page 4.

techraptor.net

In this Tunic Unlock the Mountain Door Guide we'll teach you the process for unlocking this door so that you can try to unlock it yourself, or if you just want to know the solution we'll have it listed below.

It's not a connected shape on page four. It's drawn small so like I totally get misreading it, but I think when you add the page 2 shape to your graph , the only correct interpretation of page 4 ( the only way that makes sense with the above page ) is 2 disconnected lines.
Oh jeeze I see what we did, and I can explain why, but I 100% see how we got it wrong now

Take the clue on page 4. It looks to me like a completed arch. And it's just up to you to complete it, or I thought the gold blends into the cream color, also the negative space forms a complete set of rectangular angles completing the top... I see now that I was supposed to go up to 2, then back down to 4. So because of this we skipped 2 entirely, and I forgot it was even on the diagram until just now.

I firmly believe it's because of the lesson taught on page 22 with the continuation of the path via breaks. It didn't seem like a leap in logic to draw over and complete the shape of the arch on that page. And what's crazy about that is that it's only one input off.

What I should have done was taken a step back and looked at the whole picture, and I would have seen that square 2 was the ONLY ONE we didn't go into. And I believe I would have put it together if I had done that. But I didn't go the extra step and now I can rest easy knowing the game is genius and I'm actually the idiot haha

Thank you to you both, I feel a lot better now reasoning it out.

oXdbpMu.png

aTic6y4.png

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
1. I think you were supposed to figure it out from the line puzzle in the little house with the bed? Before I knew about the holy cross stuff, I found the cave that had an enemy walk a path you were supposed to copy with the d-pad. Even though I didn't know what to do with it at the time, I noted the pause he made in some straight segments. I think that primed me to figure out the puzzle in the house since the little diagram I drew of that path that guy walked was marked in a similar way, so I realized what those lines meant instantly after the "normal" method (ignoring the crossed lines) didn't solve it

3. You couldn't at release. IDK if they've patched it.
Didn't mean to leave you out, thank you to you as well haha

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Oh jeeze I see what we did, and I can explain why, but I 100% see how we got it wrong now

Take the clue on page 4. It looks to me like a completed arch. And it's just up to you to complete it, or I thought the gold blends into the cream color, also the negative space forms a complete set of rectangular angles completing the top... I see now that I was supposed to go up to 2, then back down to 4. So because of this we skipped 2 entirely, and I forgot it was even on the diagram until just now.

I firmly believe it's because of the lesson taught on page 22 with the continuation of the path via breaks. It didn't seem like a leap in logic to draw over and complete the shape of the arch on that page. And what's crazy about that is that it's only one input off.

What I should have done was taken a step back and looked at the whole picture, and I would have seen that square 2 was the ONLY ONE we didn't go into. And I believe I would have put it together if I had done that. But I didn't go the extra step and now I can rest easy knowing the game is genius and I'm actually the idiot haha

Thank you to you both, I feel a lot better now reasoning it out.

oXdbpMu.png

aTic6y4.png

yeah i totally get the leap in logic in reading it as a connected arch. when I did the puzzle I actually drew 'over' the golden path map only filling in each square one at a time, kinda like this:
tunic-golden-path.jpg

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
il mode during that bullshit Cathedral arena where you have to fight many waves of enemies with all your abilities removed, and the game doesn't even replenish your magic between rounds. I turned it off again after that encounter.
this was the only time I used it. On my second attempt, cleared everything except the drones. I got stuck with them surrounding me and couldn't dodge. I turned on no fail mode the next attempt. I kinda felt bad, but not really. Didn't have much of an issue with the rest of the game. I didn't realize it until much later, but the fox dummy target you can buy is extremely good. Even the end boss just blindly goes after it.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
this was the only time I used it. On my second attempt, cleared everything except the drones. I got stuck with them surrounding me and couldn't dodge. I turned on no fail mode the next attempt. I kinda felt bad, but not really. Didn't have much of an issue with the rest of the game. I didn't realize it until much later, but the fox dummy target you can buy is extremely good. Even the end boss just blindly goes after it.
with the drones the magic staff ranged attack is really effective. IIRC they drop magic refilling pellets too so its practically not even a net loss on magic. they were still unpredictable though so i always did them first. i then followed up with the forest guys who were a bit tricky then the rest were easily kiteable. Its definitely more a test of patience/endurance then one of raw reflexes.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
yeah i totally get the leap in logic in reading it as a connected arch. when I did the puzzle I actually drew 'over' the golden path map only filling in each square one at a time, kinda like this:
tunic-golden-path.jpg
Truly, truly wish I had done this. It only hurts so much because we had it all figured out but we were one off. This is why I don't look things up except in rare instances... and I broke this time. But never again. What can ya do!

Hopefully someday they patch it and I can fight the final boss and feel like I finished the whole game, because that's the only hole that taunts me right now

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Truly, truly wish I had done this. It only hurts so much because we had it all figured out but we were one off. This is why I don't look things up except in rare instances... and I broke this time. But never again. What can ya do!

Hopefully someday they patch it and I can fight the final boss and feel like I finished the whole game, because that's the only hole that taunts me right now
Haha yea. This is one thing in the entire game where I took external notes (I skipped some of the other things like the broken one). Drawing it and seeing it come together at the end was really satisfying lol.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
with the drones the magic staff ranged attack is really effective. IIRC they drop magic refilling pellets too so its practically not even a net loss on magic. they were still unpredictable though so i always did them first. i then followed up with the forest guys who were a bit tricky then the rest were easily kiteable. Its definitely more a test of patience/endurance then one of raw reflexes.
Definitely agree, I ended up burning through my mana on the two guardians and then dealt with the rest. I kinda ran myself out of options on that one. And I completely forgot I had the trinket to swap health for mana pots. I could have restocked, swapped and then done the rest.

Oh well, it's over now. I started a NG+, but now my head is broken because I can't see the original play through in my head, I just know so much, and actually it makes everything a bit confusing. At least I have most items carried over.

coracina

Jul 6, 2018

techraptor.net

Oh, actually I meant the boss on top of the library, not the cathedral. I also did that area before the forest place with the huge machine, so I didn't do that much without it.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I believe I missed it but at what point does the game
tell or show you that some objects require more lengthy than average button presses?

Last edited:

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I believe I missed it but at what point does the game tell or show you that some objects require more lengthy than average button presses?

I think it's after the West bell, but I can't remember specifically.

Part of Tunic's genius is the 'I didn't know I could do that' for things that you wouldn't necessarily try or do by accident. It gives you loads of tools (and shortcuts) from the beginning but your discover it piece my piece via the manual. Rare feeling of geniune surprise and discovery.