• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Happy release day!!! 🦊 can't wait to play though I'm a bit sad that it looks like we'll have to wait till 5pm GMT for it to release, at least it looks that way.

Me currently waiting for the game to become available:
cartman-cmon.gif

5 years of waiting is nearly over. Had hoped I'd be able to jump into Paradise Killer on Xbox while waiting for this to drop but that looks like it'll be coming in the afternoon as well (or around the time of the ID@XBOX stream).

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this thing reviews well, I've been looking forward to it for a very long time.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea how long the game is supposed to be? I am absolutely down for something nowhere near as long as ER after binging that since release :P

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
after taking as long as it has to release, why are the devs being kinda.....cryptic (for lack of a better term)?

no price
embargo lift on release

I dont like that kind of stuff. Im hoping the game is amazing, dont get me wrong. Got my Deck at work ready to download on release.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
after taking as long as it has to release, why are the devs being kinda.....cryptic (for lack of a better term)?

no price
embargo lift on release

I dont like that kind of stuff. Im hoping the game is amazing, dont get me wrong. Got my Deck at work ready to download on release.
Yeah I don't get the silence. For a game this long in development, you'd have wanted reviews to come out before to get people buying if they're really good rather than on time of release. Or even preorder the game? Maybe they are working down to the wire and it's not ready? Is that a fox like thing to do?

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't get the silence. For a game this long in development, you'd have wanted reviews to come out before to get people buying if they're really good rather than on time of release. Or even preorder the game? Maybe they are working down to the wire and it's not ready? Is that a fox like thing to do?

I think I read somewhere that if an indie game is really good, it's actually better for their reviews to come out the day the game is released. Unlike large AAA games. I also agree that you would think you'd want reviews out there if the game is good to increase word of mouth.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017

Getting all of the reviews to drop at once is huge for the algorithm.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
So the game is out… no reviews tho? I adored this game at PAX East 2019 but I'm still curious if it sticks the landing since I have so many games in my backlog rn

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I get that too, but not even allow preorder and preload? Gives me the impression they're working all the way up to launch and don't have enough time for anything else. Even though Finji should be doing their bit as a publisher 🦊

If there is news coming out of the Xbox stream I think that absence will fit more than it currently does. We'll have to wait and see!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

no price
embargo lift on release

Did a recent Bombcast comment on Tunic hype? Maybe I'm misremembering and confusing it with some other source.

But I swear it went something like, "Tunic is dropping soon. People are excited." The response was something like, "Yeah, about that. I wouldn't get too hyped."

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
TBF gamepass is good but i'm gonna support the studio and Finji with a more direct purchase via Steam.

if i love the game i'm for sure gonna double dip on PS5 later in the year when it comes.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Would be an awesome get for Gamepass and hopefully a good deal for the devs.

The timing does line up though with the ID@Xbox stream and the embargo dropping at the same time the stream starts. I'd wager the stream will start with Tunic then to announce its launch, and it coming to Gamepass if that is indeed the case.

In two minds. Have the money so happy enough to support the devs given I've been looking forward to the game for 5 years but it being on Gamepass means that I can look at some of the other titles that have fallen at the wayside during this packed couple of weeks. Either way, its getting played.

Definitely curious to see the other surprises for Gamepass that'll come out today. Maybe Paradise Killer is one, with it launching today but there also being no sign of it releasing yet.

Edit: also, that image is just irking me that RPG Time: The Legend of Wright hasn't been released in the EU and the devs aren't commenting in why it didn't release alongside other territories. Thought we'd have moved passed that kind of thing by this generation of consoles and the infrastructure in place for simultaneous releases.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I'm seriously shocked. I really didn't think it would be coming to GP. That's going to help it reach a much bigger audience.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Wow that Game Pass news is awesome (assuming it's for real and not an error). I was all ready to redeem however much MS Rewards credit I needed to buy it once it was available, now I can use that for Chrono Cross instead!

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe it is on Game Pass? Wonder if the plan was always not to announce it until launch or they just held out on making a deal until recently.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Edit: also, that image is just irking me that RPG Time: The Legend of Wright hasn't been released in the EU and the devs aren't commenting in why it didn't release alongside other territories. Thought we'd have moved passed that kind of thing by this generation of consoles and the infrastructure in place for simultaneous releases.
FWIW, the devs did mention that they're working on EU release.