• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all just eating shitty salad.
You can add a bit of olive oil instead. Tuna/onion/tomatoes/lettuce/potatoes/corn/boiled eggs. You can also add black-eyed beans

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Diced sweet pickles, chopped up egg etc., tuna salad makes a great sandwich, or lettuce leaf wrap

Oct 25, 2017
My go to recipe for this is from smitten kitchen that they modified from NYT. It's most definitely not tartar sauce

Dill-Pepperoncini Tuna Salad
Recipe from the New York Times Magazine 9/5/04

Yield: About 2 cups.

10 to 12 ounces good-quality solid tuna packed in olive oil, well drained*
2 scallions washed, trimmed and chopped fine
6 pepperoncini peppers, destemmed and julienned
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup roasted or smoked almonds, chopped roughly, or a small handful toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup good-quality olive oil (or the oil the tuna was packed in)
1 tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or more to taste
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.

Mix all the ingredients well with a fork in a medium-size, nonreactive bowl. Taste and adjust the lemon juice and pepper. The salad can be made up to 3 days in advance and refrigerated.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love it. Tuna mayo and some onions. Simple yet effective.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tartar sauce requires dill.....if you supply the dill in the form of relish, I guess you could call it chunky style tartar sauce.....but that isn't standard. Tuna salad very seldom has dill. I do like adding dill pickles to tuna salad sandwiches though.

Can we all agree that tuna is better without chopped nuts?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Tuna salad can be really excellent. My wife asks me to make it all the time.
  • Use good quality tuna
  • Use good quality mayo (I usually make homemade; it's dead simple and a million times better than store bought)
  • Finely chopped celery
  • Finely chopped onion
  • Rough chopped capers
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • Celery salt
  • A little kosher salt if needed
Make a sandwich or use it as a sort of dip with good crackers. Mmm.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My go to recipe for this is from smitten kitchen that they modified from NYT. It's most definitely not tartar sauce

Oh, I'm definitely trying this.

WTF? No.

It's mayo and pickles.. celery is a great add... but no.. it is NOT tartar sauce. Tartar sauce always has some kind of acid, be it vinegar or lemon juice added.. and typically things like capers and dill as well as pickles.

Pretty sure there's usually an acid of some sort in mayo...

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Tuna, celery, peas, macaroni (shells or elbow), mayo and onion though I guess that's more tuna pasta salad but whatever, I'm probably also forgetting something, my grandmother use to make it for me.

Christine

Oct 25, 2017
Gone
Tuna, mayo, egg, cooked elbow macaroni, cooked green peas, sliced celery, mix and put in the fridge overnight

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fuck all those additional vegetables

what you do is... add some salmon. and a little spice

trust me

Sestrugen

Oct 28, 2017
Tuna, mayo, sliced cucumber (remove the seeds), chopped onions and sliced egg. Dill and/or relish is a revelation which I'll certainly try.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In honor of this thread I just made tuna salad.

Some quality tuna, flaked into a bowl. Added mayonnaise. Tossed.

DONE.