• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're strategic allies so they're given more leeway.
Meaning that their influence is more substantial and effective. This russia shit is a blip on the radar compared to that, which is why I get so frustrated at all this. Of course russia interfered and continues to interfere in elections. Of course russia will do their best to prop up politicians whose goals allign with them. But the root cause of all this is the power of capitol over our politicians. We shouldn't be fighting russian influence, we should have a broad agenda of drastically reducing the power of capitol over the election and governing processes of our country. This russia stuff is mostly being used as a scapegoat for the more pervasive influences that have been guiding our country for so long.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
we gonna pretend people have not literally been calling her a 'puppet' of the kremlin? is an asset a puppet?

come on man you know the answer to these questions. you know there's a ton of overlap between leftist anti-imperialism rhetoric and the interests of the russian government. us withdrawing troops, whether you want us to do that or not, would be in the interests of the russian government. thats why tons of lefties will go on RT to say what they're not allowed to say otherwise. Tulsi is a liar and isnt really anti-intervention but her talking points against interventionism are coming from a specific tradition that has nothing to do with putin

my goal is to make sure this conversation isnt just some neo-McCarthyism run amok. a lot of people are saying tulsi gabbard is an agent and its frustrating that people have to retreat to pretending thats not a big part of whats being said.

Asset, not agent.

And it's not "neo-Mcarthyism" to note that Russia likes to boost people who are willing to spout their propaganda, vote against Russians sanctions, and sow discord.

As far as paragraph one, Tulsi's not a leftist or even an anti-interventionist, so why does she adopt their talking points? (For the record, I'm not a fan of tankies, which is more than a to intervention)

Because she either wants to shit on everything, or because she's actually sympathetic to Russian interests.

I think it's the first one, but if we found out it were the second I would not be surprised.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's part of why Sanders had to address it. If Tulsi was an asset... And she supported Bernie in 2016... What would that mean for him?

(And yes I'm aware there's been groups online saying Sanders is a Russian asset.)

But is anyone really asking those questions, outside of Twitter lunatics that no one will pay attention to?
Was it so hard to just ignore the conversation and keep doing what he's doing?
What's the point of YET AGAIN alienating the Clinton voters bloc?
Does Bernie want to win? Does he realize that being able to give political power to the movement behind is the priority, and he should do what's necessary to achieve that?

It is baffling and selfish tbh.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Meaning that their influence is more substantial and effective. This russia shit is a blip on the radar compared to that, which is why I get so frustrated at all this. Of course russia interfered and continues to interfere in elections. Of course russia will do their best to prop up politicians whose goals allign with them. But the root cause of all this is the power of capitol over our politicians. We shouldn't be fighting russian influence, we should have a broad agenda of drastically reducing the power of capitol over the election and governing processes of our country. This russia stuff is mostly being used as a scapegoat for the more pervasive influences that have been guiding our country for so long.

Oh Israel and Saudi Arabia have a much more substantial impact on the US. It's just that's baked into the cake that is maintaining US strategic and economic interests.

Saudi Arabia in particular is just a goddamn nightmare. Somehow an even more homophobic, authoritarian and misogynistic country than Russia that is carrying out a genocide in Yemen, and are at the vanguard of the fossil fuel industry which is escalating the climate crisis.

But they offer something in return, so they are let off more lightly.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
Asset, not agent.

And it's not "neo-Mcarthyism" to note that Russia likes to boost people who are willing to spout their propaganda, vote against Russians sanctions, and sow discord.

As far as paragraph one, Tulsi's not a leftist or even an anti-interventionist, so why does she adopt their talking points? (For the record, I'm not a fan of tankies, which is more than a to intervention)

Because she either wants to shit on everything, or because she's actually sympathetic to Russian interests.

I think it's the first one, but if we found out it were the second I would not be surprised.

Or because all politicians spin their policy through rhetoric? For better or worse she does want to pull troops just like she says. The difference between her and a genuine anti-imperialist is that she'd just replace them with a shit ton more drone strikes.

And yeah, again there you go with the 'maybe she is sympathetic to russian interests'. Who is served by us saying this shit? You're doing the same thing you're claiming isn't being said.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

I don't disagree, but what make Russian influence particularly appalling is that it's new. We can't even improve our governance without them fucking shit up, and now it's demonstrably worse. We've gone from the usual amount of corruption and atrocity to new highs.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Ugh. Not that I can actually blame him. She stanned for him very hard so I wouldn't be surprised if he felt obligated to defend her.

Really hate this notion that those who served can't ever be foreign assets. The military has shit to prevent a service-member from being an asset because surprise surpirse, humans falter easily to blackmail or bribery.

oh no you can definitely blame Bernie, he went full tone deaf on someone who refuses to condemn her russian not trolls on twitter

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A356jiI.gif

When all the 2020 Dem candidates except Warren and Biden are dunking on trash-ass Hillary Clinton but they are doing so in defense of trash-ass Tulsi Gabbard.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I want someone to press warren on this because we have now seen how much chickenshit these politicians are when pressed on sensitive matters. Not one has shown guts. Let's see what warren says. If she goes in with Hillary she has my support . This is now a litmus test for me

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want someone to press warren on this because we have now seen how much chickenshit these politicians are when pressed on sensitive matters. Not one has shown guts. Let's see what warren says. If she goes in with Hillary she has my support . This is now a litmus test for me
Castro/Harris had the sense to say nothing. Biden/Warren don't need to say a thing, the whole point of someone like Hillary doing this for them is so they don't have to. (If anyone remembers when that one candidate in Texas for House got nuked by the DCCC, this is a similar dynamic.)

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be stupid as hell to side with anyone on this. The correct answer was the one Booker gave both in his reaction gif and in his interview.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
And yeah, again there you go with the 'maybe she is sympathetic to russian interests'. Who is served by us saying this shit? You're doing the same thing you're claiming isn't being said.

All I said is that I wouldn't be surprised. Our President is compromised, why would it be surprising to find out some random Representative is too?

But no, I think she's a useful idiot who wants to burn shit down. I think she's an authoritarian who is too socially conservative and anti-Muslim and anti-LGBTQ to really fit in with the DNC so she decided to tear it down. I think she backed Bernie as a shot at the mainstream, and I think she's liked the merit-free benefits she got from it and is doing more of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Or not all progressives think along the exact same lines.

I consider myself progressive and I've donated to the Gabbard campaign. I'm also a supporter of Sanders and Warren. To me, they all have something to offer.
What drew you to Gabbard, was it the homophobia, dictator stanning, or being a regular guest on a show hosted by a white supremacist?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Booker already responded on cnn saying Hillary shouldn't have said it
The clip I saw was a dodge that sided with no one.

I consider myself progressive and I've donated to the Gabbard campaign. I'm also a supporter of Sanders and Warren. To me, they all have something to offer.
May I direct you to this thread for your viewing pleasure.
TL;DR: She worships an anti-lgbt bigot cult leader. She was raised and groomed in the cult and still says she's close with the cult leader. She's a piece of shit, end of.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
hahaah okay bro thats some killer spin. they love seeing their ally's economy collapse too i bet. i cant wait to hear the new spin when the dude bombs them when he doesnt have to worry about reelection

"killer spin" aka a rather common opinion

Russia and Iran both export a lot of crude oil, Russia likes seeing the US isolated on the world stage, and the US tearing apart the deal and punishing Iran economically takes some of the pressure off Russia as it tries maintain a positive relationship with Iran while maintaining/creating a positive relationship with Saudi Arabia. . .just do the math

no one thinks Russia made Trump tear up the deal, but Trump tearing up the deal doesn't indicate a level of independence in tension with the idea (which is 1000% true) that Russia groomed him

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And honestly if you wanna say tulsi is an asset of anyone, you gotta bring up her affinity for modi in india. Thats the most appalling thing about her imo.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if homophobia, blaming war crimes on the victims, and all the other crap aren't deal-breakers for you.... what is?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And honestly if you wanna say tulsi is an asset of anyone, you gotta bring up her affinity for modi in india. Thats the most appalling thing about her imo.
That has, in fact, been brought up multiple times in the thread. I'd say the most appalling thing about her is the cult.
I mean, if homophobia, blaming war crimes on the victims, and all the other crap aren't deal-breakers for you.... what is?
Homophobia is putting it a bit too lightly given her cult ties.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
What drew you to Gabbard, was it the homophobia, dictator stanning, or being a regular guest on a show hosted by a white supremacist?
Maybe it was her saying that Democrats need to stop talking about Russian collusion and how she still thinks Trump did nothing wrong enough to open this impeachment investigation.

High qualities. But she spends her time bitching about Democrats, both sidesing on Tucker. Maybe that's the real appeal.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised at Bernie's comments here. He seems to value loyalty more than anything. I mean, look at some of his campaign staff. Of course he was going to defend her.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie gained nothing from weighing in, like everyone else.
This shit never should've gotten a response in the first place, but Gabbard is gaming the hit for attention desperately.

If Warren is smart she won't touch that nuclear waste.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Her anti-war message is a differentiator. It's a little Libertarian nugget that I can enjoy. And, like Sanders in 2016, it's nice to have someone that keeps these issues at the forefront when the other candidates all have their own focuses as well.

The skeletons in the closet stuff doesn't really register. I'm a simple man. I just want to see the policies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Her anti-war message is a differentiator. It's a little Libertarian nugget that I can enjoy. And, like Sanders in 2016, it's nice to have someone that keeps these issues at the forefront when the other candidates all have their own focuses as well.

The skeletons in the closet stuff doesn't really register. I'm a simple man. I just want to see the policies.
First off, she's not anti-war. She'd regularly go on Fox News and bash Obama for not using the phrase "extremist islamic terrorism."

Second, how does the homophobia not register? Does that not matter at all?

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

she not anti war. She is anti American war but pro Russian and Assad war. She is pro war when modi does it for Kashmir. She is an anti Muslim and excused modi for not stopping the cleansing of muslims. She doesn't see the Syrian conflict as that of stopping isis she sees it as anti Assad and is ok with Assad going about its business like gasing it's people. She is ok with isis running things in one half of Syria or turkey going after Kurds or Russians controlling Middle East policy

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

First, Tulsi's not actually anti-war, she's pro war on terror but anti-regime change. Second, I'm glad that her being a part of an anti-lgbt cult doesn't register for you because of your simplicity. I'm so glad that so long as a candidate pays lip service to an issue you like, it doesn't matter that she's in a cult that would sooner see people like me hanging from a short rope.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Hell, American troops were simply protecting the Kurds, not actively engaging daily, she is thus by proxy pro Kurd cleansing by Erdogan

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm a progressive"

"Homophobia doesn't really register"

So you're not a progressive is what you're saying. So why try to answer

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
First off, she's not anti-war. She'd regularly go on Fox News and bash Obama for not using the phrase "extremist islamic terrorism."

Second, how does the homophobia not register? Does that not matter at all?

tulsi must be angry that Kurds took out the group which was the most homophobic in the Middle East

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

She isn't anti war she's pro war except on Assad and Putin's terms

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
she not anti war. She is anti American war but pro Russian and Assad war. She is pro war when modi does it for Kashmir. She is an anti Muslim and excused modi for not stopping the cleansing of muslims. She doesn't see the Syrian conflict as that of stopping isis she sees it as anti Assad and is ok with Assad going about its business like gasing it's people. She is ok with isis running things in one half of Syria or turkey going after Kurds or Russians controlling Middle East policy
Exactly. So she appeals to that ONE Libertarian sentiment I have. Anti- American war. That has value to me.

As for the homophobia, I can't say it doesn't matter. I'm pro LGBTQ+ and I believe in equal rights and treatment of all honest and good members of society. But until Gabbard comes out with an anti-gay policy, then I have no reason to hate her.

She's an effective tool for keeping the discussions going.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Exactly. So she appeals to that ONE Libertarian sentiment I have. Anti- American war. That has value to me.

As for the homophobia, I can't say it doesn't matter. I'm pro LGBTQ+ and I believe in equal rights and treatment for citizens. But until Gabbard comes out with an anti-gay policy, then I have no reason to hate her.

She's an effective tool for keeping the discussions going.

not a tool, a bigot .

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Also, why are we hating on her for appearing on Tucker Carlson? I mean, yeah, he's a douchebag but I loved it when Bernie went on Fox News so I'm going to feel the same way about Tulsi.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Also, why are we hating on her for appearing on Tucker Carlson? I mean, yeah, he's a douchebag but I loved it when Bernie went on Fox News so I'm going to feel the same way about Tulsi.
He's a White supremacist, not just a douche. Tulsi is there for only one reason and it's not to try and to get people to vote Democrat, not when she spends her time on the show both sidesing and bitching about the things her own party does making Democrats seem unreasonable. She is there because Tucker gives her a platform, and there is only one reason he does it so often, he likes what she says.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I'd lose my shit (in a good way) if I saw Andrew Yang on Tucker talking about UBI and decriminalizing all drugs. That's my angle here. I don't mean to put anybody off.

Status
Not open for further replies.