• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Messenger? It wasn't like this was a campaign stop. Hillary isn't on the stump. This whole controversy started because Hillary said something non-controversial (because Tulsi being a stooge for Putin has been obvious and talked about all year) on a podcast. A podcast.

It's only blowing up because Tulsi is being the hit dog who hollered, and too many people, too many people, are stuck in this idea that Hillary Clinton should no longer be allowed to have opinions.
agreed completely. Imagine blaming Hillary for this shit.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
He's a fairly popular figure. If I remember correctly, he's the head of the Hawaii statehouse. He's got a pretty good shot and seems to be running a smart campaign. With any luck he'll win.

He's actually new to the political scene here in Hawaii, was first elected to the State Senate in 2016 and is currently serving his second term. He's young, born and raised on the Big Island, and is one of our new crop of progressive politicians.

Ronald Kouchi from Kaua'i, is the head of the Hawaii State Senate.

less

Oct 25, 2017
He's a fairly popular figure. If I remember correctly, he's the head of the Hawaii statehouse. He's got a pretty good shot and seems to be running a smart campaign. With any luck he'll win.

my favorite moment of his had to be when he said he stood with the leaders of Hawaii in calling for an impeachment inquiry when Tulsi was still against it lol.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
He's actually new to the political scene here in Hawaii, was first elected to the State Senate in 2016 and is currently serving his second term. He's young, born and raised on the Big Island, and is one of our new crop of progressive politicians.

Ronald Kouchi from Kaua'i, is the head of the Hawaii State Senate.
I must be mixing up my Hawaiian politicians then.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Not that Tulsi is a saint, but the way ERA jumped onto this accusation is like a real-life Orange-kun bit from Code GEASS.

Like, you can hate Tulsi for how repugnant she really is, but there's a reason that other thread was locked. This is toxic and dangerous knee-jerk assumptions.
Referring to Tulsi as Orange Girl for the remainder of her campaign would be fitting.

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I am not of a fan of Clinton's accusations - I think it's irresponsible for a public figure like her, no matter how much she claims she is merely a private citizen, to say something so inflammatory without substantiation - but Tulsi's response is definitely awful enough on its own to completely discredit her. Also disappointing to see Yang, as mentioned before, and now Marianne

come to Tulsi's defense. It is more in character for Yang, though as usual, he should have chosen his words more carefully, but Marianne's tweet makes less sense. Maybe they're hoping to pick up Tulsi's remaining supporters now that her campaign is basically over.

Last edited:

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I am not of a fan of Clinton's accusations - I think it's irresponsible for a public figure like her, no matter how much she claims she is merely a private citizen, to say something so inflammatory without substantiation - but Tulsi's response is definitely awful enough on its own to completely discredit her. Also disappointing to see Yang, as mentioned before, and now Marianne

come to Tulsi's defense. It is more in character for Yang, though as usual, he should have chosen his words more carefully, but Marianne's tweet makes less sense. Maybe they're hoping to pick up Tulsi's remaining supporters now that her campaign is basically over.

Russia clearly favors her, that's not an unsubstantiated accusation, it's a fact. She's checking a lot of the checkmarks to depress democratic voter turnout by accusing the DNC of being rigged and corrupt, that's a fact. She's on fox news and breitbart spreading right wing talking points, that's a fact.

And now if she runs third party people will have been educated to the motives of it before she even announces it, Hillary check mated her before Tulsi even realized she was playing.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
The most true tweet ever written:

"Tulsi's one political skill is recognizing that if you criticize the DNC the faction of people who think that the DNC is the greatest barrier to progressive change in the US will project their own politics onto you irrespective of any and all evidence to the contrary"

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I respect Nuna Turner's passion for progressive causes, but I will never understand her caping for Tulsi

There seem to be a not insignificant progressive talking heads who love her.

It's strange.

"Tulsi's one political skill is recognizing that if you criticize the DNC the faction of people who think that the DNC is the greatest barrier to progressive change in the US will project their own politics onto you irrespective of any and all evidence to the contrary"

This is it.

This is what I've been looking for.

I've been wondering why despite her record, progressive talking heads seem to LOVE this woman, and now I've figured it out.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Messenger? It wasn't like this was a campaign stop. Hillary isn't on the stump. This whole controversy started because Hillary said something non-controversial (because Tulsi being a stooge for Putin has been obvious and talked about all year) on a podcast. A podcast.

It's only blowing up because Tulsi is being the hit dog who hollered, and too many people, too many people, are stuck in this idea that Hillary Clinton should no longer be allowed to have opinions.

She can totally have opinions, but once she attaches herself to something the effect may not be what she intends (unless she is also a plant).

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Russia clearly favors her, that's not an unsubstantiated accusation, it's a fact. She's checking a lot of the checkmarks to depress democratic voter turnout by accusing the DNC of being rigged and corrupt, that's a fact. She's on fox news and breitbart spreading right wing talking points, that's a fact.

And now if she runs third party people will have been educated to the motives of it before she even announces it, Hillary check mated her before Tulsi even realized she was playing.
I agree that Russia favors her. I would even be willing to believe that Tulsi is in some way compromised by Russia. That's fine for me or you to say, and it would be insanely negligent for someone like Clinton to not at least be thinking about it.
All I am saying is that I consider it irresponsible for someone in Clinton's position to just come out and say that publicly without backing up that accusation. People care what Clinton says and it's reasonable to think she has/had access to privileged information. The fact that it has blown up this much in a way that random private citizens saying the same things about Tulsi for months has not proves it was a big deal.

Last edited:

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Not gonna go through the thread but just want to say while Clinton should not have said that shit if anyone here is defending Gabbard to any degree: Go fuck yourself. Tulsi Gabbard is a piece of shit by every objective measure. She has no redeeming qualities as a politician nor a human being and she needs to fuck off forever.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yup

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
She can totally have opinions, but once she attaches herself to something the effect may not be what she intends (unless she is also a plant).
I think it had the desired effect.

Maybe it's just my timeline, but people have been dunking on Tulsi for the past day.

Yeah, she has some defenders, but those same people have been defending her.

But the facts are there. We've known for the past year that Tulsi's campaign is the favorite of Russian bots online. We know she's the favored candidate of RT. We know she had some shady early fundraising. We know she buys ads on sites like Breitbart. And we know she uses Breitbart talking points to attack her opponents. She positions herself as "anti-war" but all of her stances so far are coincidentally aligned with Putin's interests.

If she's not an outright plant, she's playing the role of useful idiot at minimum. And the facts are there. Frankly, I'm tired of people pussyfooting with the obvious. This is our Democracy we're talking about. Hillary said something because, honestly, somebody should have already called her out.

Nov 1, 2017
Pre 2016 Van Jones is complete different person from modern van jones. Dude was really speaking some truth. Fast forward today he is palling around with Donald Trump jr and champion orgs that cut the dreadlocks off black people to help them clean up

I've been feeling that dude fucked up somewhere along the line and has some info he doesn't want to come out. Or an extremely bad investment.
Stein got 1.4 million votes. Clinton lost by less than 80,000 votes total across three states.
And not to get too much into the weeds of 2016 because that's always a mess but....

Lost Wisconsin by 22,848. Green party pulled in 31,072 votes.

Lost Michigan by 10,704. Green party pulled in 51,643 votes.

Lost Pennsylvania by 44,292. Green party pulled in 49,941 votes.

Voter suppression at play and other factors as well but I don't know why we're looking at the country at large to look at the influence votes for Stein had in the last federal election. Thankfully none of the candidates have the baggage Hillary does either in the eyes of voters so I wouldn't expect the same results even if tulsi and Stein both run third party.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think it had the desired effect.

Maybe it's just my timeline, but people have been dunking on Tulsi for the past day.

Yeah, she has some defenders, but those same people have been defending her.

But the facts are there. We've known for the past year that Tulsi's campaign is the favorite of Russian bots online. We know she's the favored candidate of RT. We know she had some shady early fundraising. We know she buys ads on sites like Breitbart. And we know she uses Breitbart talking points to attack her opponents. She positions herself as "anti-war" but all of her stances so far are coincidentally aligned with Putin's interests.

If she's not an outright plant, she's playing the role of useful idiot at minimum. And the facts are there. Frankly, I'm tired of people pussyfooting with the obvious. This is our Democracy we're talking about. Hillary said something because, honestly, somebody should have already called her out.
You about 12 hours to early for church, but you just gave a sermon

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017

this is it. this is why tulsi sucks. if it isnt already apparent to anyone who is sane, she's not a fucking russian plant. she just has awful foreign policy while couching it in the language of anti-interventionism. I wish people who think its a burn to make fun of her ethnic name would make these criticisms instead.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is it. this is why tulsi sucks. if it isnt already apparent to anyone who is sane, she's not a fucking russian plant. she just has awful foreign policy while couching it in the language of anti-interventionism. I wish people who think its a burn to make fun of her ethnic name would make these criticisms instead.
People have made those criticisms over and over and over and over again, though.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
lC6yycw.png

Tulsi sucks, but HRC never drops her grudges.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
in miniature text sandwiched inbetween boomer-level conspiracies that she's a puppet of the kremlin. stop that shit and stop embarrassing yourselves making fun of hindu names while youre at it
More like she's a useful idiot that absolutely is getting pushed by RT, Russian media, and Russian bots. But, seriously though, if you think that people weren't blaring that Tulsi was an anti-lgbt cult-worshiper that is VERY much pro-millitary you weren't paying attention.

Also, do you honestly think the distortion of Tulsi's name is making fun of her name and not her? Like do you think people posting that are thinking "LMAO, let's be racist to Tulsi"? Cause that's pretty disingenous. And, also, I never distorted her name personally, so there's a strawman.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
More like she's a useful idiot that absolutely is getting pushed by RT, Russian media, and Russian bots. But, seriously though, if you think that people weren't blaring that Tulsi was an anti-lgbt cult-worshiper that is VERY much pro-millitary you weren't paying attention.
??? again, not the same thing. I have just as much criticism for the sorts of people who fixate on the anti-LGBT positions she doesn't even hold anymore when she holds hawkish political stances right now. Not to mention a huge number of these same people couldn't give less of a shit about some of their favorite generic democrat's bigotry against queer people less than five years ago.

She's literally still in the homophobic cult.
Is She?

There so many things you can get this woman on and you pick the worst fucking arguments i swear to god

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
??? again, not the same thing. I have just as much criticism for the sorts of people who fixate on the anti-LGBT positions she doesn't even hold anymore when she holds hawkish political stances right now. Not to mention a huge number of these same people couldn't give less of a shit about some of their favorite generic democrat's bigotry against queer people less than five years ago.
She's literally still in the homophobic cult.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a video from 3 years ago:
This isn't ancient history. And she continues to say that that cult leader is a close friend.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
imo i don't think you should be in homophobic cults and i also don't think you should bomb civilians you have arbitrarily designated as terrorists

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
as much as i'd like to try a nuanced point out here and say that people can be in fundamentalist faiths while rejecting the more problematic aspects of it (christianity and islam), this is the first im seeing this and yeah. youre right i guess. bad look lol
It's a CULT not a religion. There's a pretty huge difference.
isnt a cult just a type of religion. you already changed my mind dawg dont ruin it

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
as much as i'd like to try a nuanced point out here and say that people can be in fundamentalist faiths while rejecting the more problematic aspects of it (christianity and islam), this is the first im seeing this and yeah. youre right i guess. bad look lol
It's a CULT not a religion. There's a pretty huge difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if Hillary's husband wasn't good friends with America's most notorious pedophile, the Clintons would be more palatable but as it stands, they are a symptom of a deep moral rot in our political system

There's no indication they are "good friends" or really had much of any contact in the last decade. Don't spread dishonest crap like this. They mingled in the same New York social circles after the Clintons moved there post presidency, the guy contributed to charity events, then a bunch of people cut ties after rumors around his first arrest.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

isnt a cult just a type of religion. you already changed my mind dawg dont ruin it

What is it about Tulsi that has you defending her to this degree?
That she kissed the ring? Complains about the DNC?

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
my nigga i said she sucks on the last page. im not defending shit. im just saying some of the arguments yall use against her suck shit when there are so many good ones

That's not an answer.
You either don't know the answer, or your afraid to share it.

You went as far as to defend religious fundamentalism, you don't do that unless you have a reason.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
That's not an answer.

You went as far as to defend religious fundamentalism, you don't do that unless you have a reason.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not an answer.

Speaking of that...https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hawaii-rep-tulsi-gabbard-accuses-fellow-democrats-of-religious-bigotry-in-questioning-judicial-nominee/2019/01/09/2c17ecdc-1467-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a potential 2020 White House contender, is accusing some of her fellow Democrats of "religious bigotry" in their questioning of one of President Trump's judicial nominees.

Gabbard's claim, made in an op-ed in the Hill newspaper, drew a rebuke Wednesday from another Hawaii Democrat, Sen. Mazie Hirono.

In the op-ed, Gabbard did not name any names. But she argued that some lawmakers had gone too far in their questioning of Brian Buescher, whom Trump nominated in October to serve as a district judge.

"While I oppose the nomination of Brian Buescher to the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, I stand strongly against those who are fomenting religious bigotry, citing as disqualifiers Buescher's Catholicism and his affiliation with the Knights of Columbus," Gabbard said in the op-ed.

Buescher was a Republican candidate for Nebraska attorney general in 2014.

During his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee in November, and in written questions that he answered in early December, Buescher was asked about his public statements during his 2014 campaign, his position on issues such as abortion as well as his membership in the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic fraternal society.

The organization has in recent years taken steps into the political realm, funding anti-same-sex marriage initiatives in a number of states.
🤔 🤔 🤔

But tell us again how "she's a homophobic bigot who has paid lip service to liberal social issue because of the inability to run as a Republican in Hawaii" argument is a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.