• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to go as far as claiming she's "being groomed by Russia to run as a third party", then that is exactly what you're implying.
Not at all. The bots and media operation can be said to be part of the building her up to have a reasonable chance at drawing some votes if she went third party.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Remember everyone, just vote for the viable lesser of 2 evils. That is all this is about. Drop all the drama bullshit when in the voting booth and vote Trump out. Plain and simple.

Is tulsi the lesser of two evils? Maybe, but only because trump is incandescently awful. In a toss up between her and Romney, I don't think she is the lesser of two evils.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Grooming someone in the spy business isn't something the asset is aware of.

This

Tulsi should be smart enough to be aware of this shit even if she isn't in on it

How much you wanna bet she doesnt give a shit and embraces support from anywhere without vetting its source?

Already seems to be the case especially since she isn't even cracking top 5. Any sane democrat should be looking at the bigger picture right now

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This

Tulsi should be smart enough to be aware of this shit even if she isn't in on it

How much you wanna bet she doesnt give a shit and embraces support from anywhere without vetting its source?

Already seems to be the case especially since she isn't even cracking top 5. Any sane democrat should be looking at the bigger picture right now
I mean, this is obvious. Otherwise she wouldn't be used by a White Supremacist weekly as one of the "good ones". She doesn't care where the attention comes from.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Not at all. The bots and media operation can be said to be part of the building her up to have a reasonable chance at drawing some votes if she went third party.

I don't think Tulsi is dumb enough to think she can actually win this election.

If anything this is a way of getting name recognition to run again later on.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Clinton (by the definition of helping the Russians even if unwittingly) a Russian asset as well then?

This is all so stupid lol

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Tulsi is dumb enough to think she can actually win this election.

If anything this is a way of getting name recognition to run again later on.
I think Tulsi is spiteful enough to run third party to throw a monkey wrench. If anything this run has hurt her in her district's primary to the point where she might no even be a rep come 2021.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Clinton (by the definition of helping the Russians even if unwittingly) a Russian asset as well then?

Willfully ignoring that Tulsi actually does voice Russian talking points, has voted in Russian interests in regards to the magnitsky act and many other things, and actually is talked of fondly in Russian State Media to paint a false equivalency is something.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

I honestly think she's trying to get back at the whole DNC debacle, that Tusli has said/done some dumb shit isn't helping her (Tulsi) either.

CNN had a decent, small, segment on it:

I hope I'm wrong but my inner cynic is starting to think Hillary may be stiring shit so she won't be the only one who lost to Donald.

I think Tulsi is spiteful enough to run third party to throw a monkey wrench. If anything this run has hurt her in her district's primary to the point where she might no even be a rep come 2021.

Ah okay, didn't known her polls in Hawaii where going down.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi being successfully primaried would be my second favorite highlight of this cycle, with Trump losing obviously being the first.

Willfully ignoring that Tulsi actually does voice Russian talking points, has voted in Russian interests in regards to the magnitsky act and many other things, and actually is talked of fondly in Russian State Media to paint a false equivalency is something.

"Anti-imperialist" Tulsi also seems to be fond of heinous dictators who are in the Russian sphere of influence (Assad).

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Trolling and hostility; accumulated infractions
You're defending Hilary Clinton here so anything you say is irrelevant. You're willfully ignoring that she ran the worst campaign in recent memory and handed Trump (and Russia) the win. She's a Russian asset as well! I guess by extension then so are the voters! OMG half the country are Russian stooges.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're defending Hilary Clinton here so anything you say is irrelevant. You're willfully ignoring that she ran the worst campaign in recent memory and helped Trump and Russia win. She's a Russian asset as well. I guess by extension then so are the voters! OMG half the country are Russian stooges.
Lovely strawman there. Trump would be proud of this disingenuous false equivalency.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to go as far as claiming she's "being groomed by Russia to run as a third party", then that is exactly what you're implying.
Grooming doesn't need consent or knowledge of it and she doesn't seem concern Russian media is signal boosting and favoring her when straight up asked about it.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
its really something that Americans still think of themselves as the good guys that have to save the world from Russia

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Point is Clinton is an idiot and now she's spouting conspiracy theories. Pathetic. I'm sure Gabbards loving the attention she didnt have before.
Point is it's not a conspiracy theory to say the person literally being praised like Donald Trump on Russian State TV and being propped up by Russian bots has Russia's attention and is probably considered to be an asset to them since she spouts their fucking talking points.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
You're defending Hilary Clinton here so anything you say is irrelevant. You're willfully ignoring that she ran the worst campaign in recent memory and handed Trump (and Russia) the win. She's a Russian asset as well! I guess by extension then so are the voters! OMG half the country are Russian stooges.

Hillary was targeted because her work as Secretary of State had her play a role in boosting Ukraines continued battles against Russia

Why not educate yourself on Hillary's long history of public service and you can see clearly why Putin cant stand her

To say she was a Russian asset or even manipulated to act in their interests if fucking laughable

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Point is Clinton is an idiot and now she's spouting conspiracy theories. Pathetic. I'm sure Gabbards loving the attention she didnt have before.

This had the ultimate effect of signal-boosting Gabbard and almost the entire 2020 field, along with the media, defending her. Clinton played some real 4D chess on this one.

its really something that Americans still think of themselves as the good guys that have to save the world from Russia

Decades of anti-Russian propaganda has given Americans a derangement on this issue. Case in point:

The Russians trying to take over us is not a conspiracy theory. They're trying to get all around us. We have to be weary of everyone and Gabbard is acting suspicious.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary was targeted because her work as Secretary of State had her play a role in boosting Ukraines continued battles against Russia

Why not educate yourself on Hillary's long history of public service and you can see clearly why Putin cant stand her

To say she was a Russian asset or even manipulated to act in their interests if fucking laughable
Tommy's point is to reflect the arguments against Tulsi by saying they could be applied to Hillary just as well and to show how rabidly unhinged it sounds, not that Tommy actually believes that load of slop. Of course, since Tulsi's actually being pushed by Russian propaganda outlets, to say it's a disingenuous false equivalency is putting it lightly.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This had the ultimate effect of signal-boosting Gabbard and almost the entire 2020 field, along with the media, defending her. Clinton played some real 4D chess on this one.

Decades of anti-Russian propaganda has given Americans a derangement on this issue. Case in point:
It's not a derangement when we know Russia is actively trying to change our elections. It has nothing to do with "lol Americans thinks they are the good guys!"

Now, do people take it too far sometimes? Well sure. Just like many people want to dismiss what Russia has done especially if it shows Hillary Clinton made a good point or was a victim. But Clinton saying Tulsi is useful to Russia, I don't think is.

Personally I wish Clinton wouldn't have because you are right that it just boosted Tulsi, but in the end, Tulsi will fade a way and get her Fox News job, she'll be out of the running before the end of the year.

I also wish Bernie wouldn't have said anything either. Bernie needs to focus on his campaign and not defending trash people or responding to somebody his supporters see as a trash person, Clinton. Clinton is not a politician anymore, Bernie is running for President. Clinton isn't losing any votes, she's not running.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You fuckers could stand to learn something about who Hillary is, why she was targeted and smeared, and why you believed it

www.pbs.org

Putin's Revenge | FRONTLINE

Amid claims he hacked the 2016 election, the inside story of Vladimir Putin’s conflict with the U.S.

You are welcome
You really think anyone is gonna care about something as petty as facts or whatever?
We're talking about people willing to defend a Trump stooge because Clinton hinted at the stooge willing to run 3rd party regardless of her position in the primary that stooge is running.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I do often wonder how much of my daily actions are me and how much of them are because Russia has groomed me as an asset.
It's amazing how many people are self-inserting into Hillary's criticisms then responding to those criticisms as though she were coming at them personally, instead of actually looking at why Gabbard specifically is a problem.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
You really think anyone is gonna care about something as petty as facts or whatever?
We're talking about people willing to defend a Trump stooge because Clinton hinted at the stooge willing to run 3rd party regardless of her position in the primary that stooge is running.

Hillary is calling her out as the next Jill Stein and funny enough Jill Stein goes on Carlson right after

Reality is so fucked up that Fiction can't even compete

Doesn't matter if Hillary made a good statement here or not. The truth is that she is right in that Tulsi isn't taking this shit seriously to the point that I don't feel Hillary was off base at all now

Sorry but Tulsi's response is more telling to me that Hillary's take

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's amazing how many people are self-inserting into Hillary's criticisms then responding to those criticisms as though she were coming at them personally, instead of actually looking at why Gabbard specifically is a problem.
Well some can never forgive what she "did" to Bernie. I guess? It's the only reason that makes sense why they get so personal of Hillary, so much so they rush into a thread to defend trash people, even when Hillary is right about said trash people.

Not all mind you. Bernie supporters like melkr have some sense on this issue. Hell I'm a Bernie supporters when it comes down to it.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, that propaganda directed at a Mafia state run by oligarchs that deliberately bombs hospitals for its allies. I totally remember that from the past 30 years.

I'm not defending the Russian oligarchy. They suck, Putin is a thug and a murderer. I'm just saying that, after 2016, Russia has some Americans jumping at every shadow. We should have won in 2016 and Russia was a factor, but just one part of why Trump is president. We should be mindful of interference but Democrats should also not fall into the same trap that they did 3 years ago.

It's definitely horrific to bomb hospitals, by the way. Indefensible. I wish there were world courts with some teeth to hold Putin, and Assad, and others accountable for this kind of violence.

It's not a derangement when we know Russia is actively trying to change our elections. It has nothing to do with "lol Americans thinks they are the good guys!"

Now, do people take it too far sometimes? Well sure. Just like many people want to dismiss what Russia has done especially if it shows Hillary Clinton made a good point or was a victim. But Clinton saying Tulsi is useful to Russia, I don't think is.

Personally I wish Clinton wouldn't have because you are right that it just boosted Tulsi, but in the end, Tulsi will fade a way and get her Fox News job, she'll be out of the running before the end of the year.

I also wish Bernie wouldn't have said anything either. Bernie needs to focus on his campaign and not defending trash people or responding to somebody his supporters see as a trash person, Clinton. Clinton is not a politician anymore, Bernie is running for President. Clinton isn't losing any votes, she's not running.

I agree with you about Bernie jumping in. Warren did the right thing and avoided the issue altogether. Gabbard isn't worth defending. Better to just leave it alone. But no, this does have something to do with how America sees itself. We've interfered in how many elections worldwide? Installed puppet governments how many times in the Global South?

Tulsi is totally angling for a Fox News job. I think her political career is going to end and she's just feathering her nest for the future.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are you crazies even talking about when you treat accusations of being a Russian asset as some sort of go-to dismissal? Where is it happening?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm not defending the Russian oligarchy. They suck, Putin is a thug and a murderer. I'm just saying that, after 2016, Russia has some Americans jumping at every shadow. We should have won in 2016 and Russia was a factor, but just one part of why Trump is president. We should be mindful of interference but Democrats should also not fall into the same trap that they did 3 years ago.

It's definitely horrific to bomb hospitals, by the way. Indefensible. I wish there were world courts with some teeth to hold Putin, and Assad, and others accountable for this kind of violence.

I agree with you about Bernie jumping in. Warren did the right thing and avoided the issue altogether. Gabbard isn't worth defending. Better to just leave it alone.

Tulsi is totally angling for a Fox News job. I think her political career is going to end and she's just feathering her nest for the future.
Absolutely. Hopefully the take away Clinton takes from this is it isn't worth signal boosting these people that aren't going to matter in a month anyway. Just let them fade.

I mean all that really happened here, the only net gain I can see, is that Tulsi got some much needed attention she wanted and that's about it.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well some can never forgive what she "did" to Bernie. I guess? It's the only reason that makes sense why they get so personal of Hillary, so much so they rush into a thread to defend trash people, even when Hillary is right about said trash people.

Not all mind you. Bernie supporters like melkr have some sense on this issue. Hell I'm a Bernie supporters when it comes down to it.
I can certainly appreciate that it doesn't seem to be all Bernie supporters ignoring Tulsi's actual record here and jumping to her defense.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's no trap! Russia is actively interested in destabilizing western democracies in order to gain further power/influence. They are pushing populist rightwingers like Trump in both the US and places like, you guessed it, Ukraine.

It is horrific, which is why they handed out like a bazillion punishments in the wake of that incident internally and is why you have such a detailed account of what happened in that article, because it was actively investigaged due to how bad it was.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vote. Vote. Vote.

It's ok to hate Hillary Clinton, but remember she's being used to pit democratic voters against each other by bad people. SHE IS NOT RUNNING FOR ANYTHING.

Don't let yourselves be manipulated by stupid scheming or emotional response. The things that are happening to the country are more important than how you feel about a former politician. Don't get defensive about your candidate or positions while engaging in disingenuous dialog. Ignore it and think about how you're going to Vote in November 2020, and on pushing your candidate up, not falling for this shit and pushing other candidates down.

Tulsi is trash and deserves the dragging, but letting it poison the conversation is exactly what the GOP, Russia, trolls, bots and turds want you to do. She should be ignored until she goes away. Stop reacting to the word asset - everyone in this thread knows exactly what the word means, and why she was identified as one. And don't make dumb false equivalences. Hillary was not a Russian asset she was the subject of their attacks.

Stop fighting each other, stop turning politics into religion or team sports and vote. And tell your chosen candidates not to fucking fall for this shit either.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Hopefully the take away Clinton takes from this is it isn't worth signal boosting these people that aren't going to matter in a month anyway. Just let them fade.

I mean all that really happened here, the only net gain I can see, is that Tulsi got some much needed attention she wanted and that's about it.

True

That's really the only counter argument here. Hillary would have been better off letting Tulsi fade for sure

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Vote. Vote. Vote.

It's ok to hate Hillary Clinton, but remember she's being used to pit democratic voters against each other by bad people. SHE IS NOT RUNNING FOR ANYTHING.

Don't let yourselves be manipulated by stupid scheming or emotional response. The things that are happening to the country are more important than how you feel about a former politician. Don't get defensive about your candidate or positions while engaging in disingenuous dialog. Ignore it and think about how you're going to Vote in November 2020, and on pushing your candidate up, not falling for this shit and pushing other candidates down.

Tulsi is trash and deserves the dragging, but letting it poison the conversation is exactly what the GOP, Russia, trolls, bots and turds want you to do. She should be ignored until she goes away. Stop reacting to the word asset - everyone in this thread knows exactly what the word means, and why she was identified as one. And don't make dumb false equivalences. Hillary was not a Russian asset she was the subject of their attacks.

Stop fighting each other, stop turning politics into religion or team sports and vote. And tell your chosen candidates not to fucking fall for this shit either.

The thing is, people are trying to lighten Tulsi being a Russian asset which weakens what the Russian story. Hillary is telling us what we need to know.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The weird thing about all this Russian propaganda is that I would be much more willing to consider a begrudging respect for Russia if they were still trying to do socialism. These days the government is just an oil oligarchy managed by what would be gangsters in other contexts, pulling the same shit abroad the CIA has gotten a reputation for over a century or two and for the same reasons.

Like I see the red scare stuff about the same way I do as worries about communist China, and I'm like, yo these countries have been hypercapitalist for most of my life what the fuck are y'all talking about. Of course they're scummy. That's what capitalism does to a government. Same there as here.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no trap! Russia is actively interested in destabilizing western democracies in order to gain further power/influence. They are pushing populist rightwingers like Trump in both the US and places like, you guessed it, Ukraine.

It is horrific, which is why they handed out like a bazillion punishments in the wake of that incident internally and is why you have such a detailed account of what happened in that article, because it was actively investigaged due to how bad it was.

We absolutely did fall into a trap in 2016. But I don't want to go there again.

In any case, the takeaway should be this- that our democracy has some flaws, which Russia is actively exploiting, yes, so the answer is that we need to make structural changes. Abolish the electoral college, pack the courts, and grant DC and Puerto Rico statehood. Regulate social media platforms and break up tech monopolies. Overturn Citizens United. That would go a long way towards negating foreign interference.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We absolutely did fall into a trap in 2016. But I don't want to go there again.

In any case, the takeaway should be this- that our democracy has some flaws, which Russia is actively exploiting, yes, so the answer is that we need to make structural changes. Abolish the electoral college, pack the courts, and grant DC and Puerto Rico statehood. Regulate social media platforms and break up tech monopolies. Overturn Citizens United. That would go a long way towards negating foreign interference.

Lol yup, no public sentiment that could be exploited there. Good plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.