• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
this is the same guy that defends billionares, stock buybacks, and CEO income in every thread discussing the flaws of capitalism. just another republican in disguise, like tulsi

You see she's a Republican in disguise...therefore she's going to pull votes from progressives. Because that makes so much sense.

To be clear, I certainly don't think Tulsi will ever be the president, and I won't vote for her. (I don't vote because I'm not in a swing state and muh electoral college)

But I am fiercely anti-war. In my opinion, it's the most important issue by a factor of 100X. Nothing else really even comes close for me. So any presidential candidate, regardless of their other positions, that is anti-war always gets my support.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
If the DNC props up some bullshit like Biden or Buttigieg to take the nom, I would absolutely vote for Tulsi as a third party candidate.

Hopefully though I get to vote for either Warren or Sanders and not need to cross that bridge.

This makes absolutely no sense. Tulsi ain't winning shit but a cushy gig on Fox News. Buttigieg and Biden would both be better options than Trump and that's what you should be thinking about, not Tulsi.

Now if you want to protest vote, fine, as long as you understand that Tulsi is not going to be president.

Oct 25, 2017
You see she's a Republican in disguise...therefore she's going to pull votes from progressives. Because that makes so much sense.
She's been a Democrat in congress, has been running as a Democrat, and says certain things in certain ways well enough to fool some people, even here. Trump voters are loyal. Dems aren't. The uncertainty is what is an issue for some people. I'm not really personally concerned about her, just annoyed by the endless moronic takes over this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To be clear, I certainly don't think Tulsi will ever be the president, and I won't vote for her. (I don't vote because I'm not in a swing state and muh electoral college)

But I am fiercely anti-war. In my opinion, it's the most important issue by a factor of 100X. Nothing else really even comes close for me. So any presidential candidate, regardless of their other positions, that is anti-war always gets my support.
Tulsi is not anti-war.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ayyyy, have we learned nothing from 2016? Don't do this.

I did learn something from 2016, it's that the DNC is corrupt and that the folks at the top of the establishment do not represent the will of the people.

A forced nomination for someone with as little actual support as Biden would confirm to me that the party has completely left behind the principals the average American voter.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did learn something from 2016, it's that the DNC is corrupt and that the folks at the top of the establishment do not represent the will of the people.

A forced nomination for someone with as little actual support as Biden would confirm to me that the party has completely left behind the principals the average American voter.
The will of the people voted 55/45 against Bernie. Who is now polling around 15% and has only gone down since entering (same as with Biden.)

No one's will was denied in 2016. He's just a bad candidate, same as Biden.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How do you imagine this "forced nomination" to go down exactly?

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

This is the kind of shit that gives Sanders supporters a bad name, and I say this as a Sanders supporter.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I know the talking points you're about to spout, but please elaborate so I don't strawman you.
There's no "talking point", there's her record of supporting Assad bombing his own people, her support of Modi, who's a Hindu nationalist trying to stamp out the Muslim population in India, and her urging Obama to take more military action against "Radical Islam" on fox news. Or does backing people who are attempting ethnic cleansing and actively arguing for more military action not count for "not anti-war".

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What revisionist nonsense. Bernie lost the primary because he didn't win any Southern states. It wasn't anything to do with the DNC. Stop spreading bullshit.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
While the Clintons are no angels and they have done whatever anybody in power had or has done over the years, when Hilary reads the fucking room she reads it. This is what's gonna get the GOP a reelection or a worse canidate, the inability from the voter base to actually sit down and fucking listen, consider the lesser of two evils and act in unison, while not chasing for the ideal candidate. Bernie is as damn close to a clean slate that America could dream for, and people are gonna splinter the party votes chasing her 3rd Party independent ass as if she has the cleanest hands in all the Capitol.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
There's no "talking point", there's her record of supporting Assad bombing his own people, her support of Modi, who's a Hindu nationalist trying to stamp out the Muslim population in India, and her urging Obama to take more military action against "Radical Islam" on fox news. Or does backing people who are attempting ethnic cleansing and actively arguing for more military action not count for "not anti-war".

Putting Modi in the same camp as Assad proves you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Seriously lol.

Who are these people attempting ethnic cleasening?

To be clear, when I say anti war, I'm talking about US interventionism, which has an indisputable track record of making the world a worse place. Something most people on the left agreed with me about 15 years ago but now suddenly don't. I think it's mostly driven by propaganda and the fact that they simply hated GWB, and not because of any logic or sound principals. Which is really very sad, but I guess not very surprising.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
She is the only Democrat my Trump loving mom would vote for and she polls at approximately 0% in the Dem primaries, so I'm thinking this won't help Trump as much as some pundits are assuming.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Putting Modi in the same camp as Assad proves you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Seriously lol.

To be clear, when I say anti war, I'm talking about US interventionism, which has an indisputable track record of making the world a worse place. Something most people on the left agreed with me about 15 years ago but now suddenly don't. I think it's mostly driven by propaganda and the fact that they simply hated GWB, and not because of any logic or sound principals. Which is really very sad, but I guess not very surprising.
Wasn't she giving Obama shit on twitter for not bombing enough?

She's not anti-war, and she really is about US interventionism.

Hell, I dont expect any of that to change even with Bernie, or Warren as your POTUS.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Assad- literally what is happening with the Kurds right now, where Trump pulling us out is going to get them massacred by being caught between two governments that hate them.

Modi- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots He hasn't changed since. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ore-india-s-oppression-kashmir-so-ncna1042951

To be clear, you only care about US behavior and literally no one else, which is why you don't care about Tulsi backing horrific dictators interested in slaughtering their own people. The reason people on the left "differ from you now" is they had a consistent stance against that crap coming from any direction, not just a vendetta against one country that blinded them to the realities of the world

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Whataboutism and Dismissing Concerns of Ethnic Cleansing Over Multiple Posts
Assad- literally what is happening with the Kurds right now, where Trump pulling us out is going to get them massacred by being caught between two governments that hate them.

Modi- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots He hasn't changed since. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ore-india-s-oppression-kashmir-so-ncna1042951

To be clear, you only care about US behavior and literally no one else, which is why you don't care about Tulsi backing horrific dictators interested in slaughtering their own people. The reason people on the left "differ from you now" is they had a consistent stance against that crap coming from any direction, not just a vendetta against one country that blinded them to the realities of the world

Really? The US doesn't back brutal dictatorships? Have you heard of a country called Saudi Arabia by chance? (This isn't whataboutism, this is undermining your entire argument that supporting dictators is somehow unique. It isn't and never has been.)

Modi is a democratically elected and very popular leader who, while he may be doing some controversial shit in Kashmir, is in an entirely different league than Assad who has waged a civil war against his own people. You can freely travel to and around India today as a Muslim or any other identity. Syria is level 4 do not travel. Comparing them is so hilariously off base.

As an American, I can only control my own government, and even then not really. But I am a pacificst. War is the most immoral thing I can imagine and every time the government promises that a war will be justified for this reason or that, it turns out to be a pack of lies and millions of people die. Most people on the left only seem to understand this when the president is some guy on the other team. The second that changes they have amnesia. It's like 1984 and we were always at war with Eurasia.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? The US doesn't back brutal dictatorships? Have you heard of a country called Saudi Arabia by chance? (This isn't whataboutism, this is undermining your entire argument that supporting dictators is somehow unique. It isn't and never has been.)

Modi is a democratically elected and very popular leader who, while he may be doing some controversial shit in Kashmir, is in an entirely different league than Assad who has waged a civil war against his own people. You can freely travel to and around India today as a Muslim or any other identity. Syria is level 4 do not travel. Comparing them is so hilariously off base.
"Controversial shit" is quite the euphemistic way of putting it when the guy's a Hindu Nationalist. Their version of our White Nationalists.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who's knows how first past the post works knows you have no chance running as a third party. The spoiler effect isn't a meme it's built into the system.
So either a) she's so spiteful or corrupt or both and she's running to sabotage whoever the democratic nom is
or b) she's maytring herself to spoil the republicans and hopes some never trumpers will vote for her (LOL)
or c) she's actually thinks she has a chance and is so narcissistic she thinks she can overcome inherent structural problems inherent to the how politics works in America. Knowing the size of her ego it's probably c...

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The dnc better not rig this by letting people vote for Biden. I will absolutely vote for tootsi garbo if people get to vote for Joe Biden.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
"Controversial shit" is quite the euphemistic way of putting it when the guy's a Hindu Nationalist. Their version of our White Nationalists.

No it's not at all. Can you even explain what Hindu nationalism means?

You're literally just regurgitating the same anti Tusli talking points you find on every single smear article that pops up on the first page of Google. It's like some publicist from Raytheon or blackwater wrote an anti Tusli memo with a few key phrases and everyone parrots it endlessly.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this thread perfectly exhibits who Tulsi voters are, in case anyone thought "caping for fascists" was a straw man.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
No it's not at all. Can you even explain what Hindu nationalism means?

al jazeera said:
The Indian government revoked the special status accorded to Indian-administered Kashmir in its constitution, the most far-reaching political move on the disputed region in nearly 70 years.

A presidential decree issued on August 5 revoked Article 370 of India's constitution that guaranteed special rights to the Muslim-majority state, including the right to its own constitution and autonomy to make laws on all matters except defence, communications and foreign affairs.

In the lead-up to the move, India sent thousands of additional troops to the disputed region, imposed a crippling curfew, shut down telecommunications and internet, and arrested political leaders....

Hundreds of people arrested in the Kashmir lockdown have been held without trial by the Indian authorities and moved to jails far from home. At least 300 have been arrested under the Public Safety Act (PSA), which allows for detentions of up to two years without trial.

Most have been sent to jails across the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. Indian officials say the policy of transporting detainees, which started last year but has snowballed since August, is required to cut off the rebels from their networks.

The transportations are often conducted without warning, and families say they are allowed little contact with detainees once they find them. Proving innocence is difficult even for those with resources given the communications situation in Kashmir and the number of cases.

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
Congratulations at derailing this thread.

Fuck Gabbard, it should be clear now that she's a pile of shit.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I am trying to figure out what Tulsi is going for. The only thing she seems to gain attention on is her foreign policy positions, as well as her veteran background. On the other hand, her presentation is super corporate / professional / measured, which is why I am not surprised she would go down well with some of the wall street types. On other hand, she portrays herself as an outsider, and she is to degree in the presidential election, so cozing up to Wall Streets just confuses her image even more. Having said that, most of the Dems love to cozy up there, Clinton was big shilling that circuit. finally, the source is shit. Can you not find a better source than Fuxnews?

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Well this isn't going to help her if true. This will just make people abandon her more. It is interesting though that she was basically getting no traction and no one was talking about her until Clinton said something.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Incredible. Hillary calls her out as a stooge for Republicans (which NYT called Russians, but effectively the same thing) who is going to run third party and tank the chances of the Democratic nominee, and she is taking steps to do exactly that. There's no other way to read her dropping out of Congress other than to run third party, unless she thinks she's gone so far right in such as liberal district that she will get primaried and lose, but it's probably just both of these.

I hope she doesn't harm our chances in a close election like Jill Stein did, but there is always going to be a useful idiot to run third party, and Tulsi sure is an idiot. On the bright side, hopefully this means she is done with Congress for good and we don't have to see her after the election.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible. Hillary calls her out as a stooge for Republicans (which NYT called Russians, but effectively the same thing) who is going to run third party and tank the chances of the Democratic nominee, and she is taking steps to do exactly that. There's no other way to read her dropping out of Congress other than to run third party, unless she thinks she's gone so far right in such as liberal district that she will get primaried and lose, but it's probably just both of these.

I hope she doesn't harm our chances in a close election like Jill Stein did, but there is always going to be a useful idiot to run third party, and Tulsi sure is an idiot. On the bright side, hopefully this means she is done with Congress for good and we don't have to see her after the election.

She's going to get hired by Fox News immediately after she loses.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
If the DNC props up some bullshit like Biden or Buttigieg to take the nom, I would absolutely vote for Tulsi as a third party candidate.

Hopefully though I get to vote for either Warren or Sanders and not need to cross that bridge.

Owning the right by voting for a bigoted Russian plant.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Clinton called it. If she siphons even a few hundred votes from the Democrat nominee in the right states she can give the election to Trump. Definitely not a Russian agent.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
She's been running ads and billboards in the south for a while now. Never understood why but now it makes a lot more sense

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Some wild posts in this thread. If you don't vote for the Democratic front-runner, you're complicit in the current US administration. We already played this game in 2016.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Went to bed and woke up to see we already got a "this is Hillary's fault". Well DNC, sorry. I'm just glad it was by an apparent Tulsi supporter.

Tulsi was literally on Hannity last night saying Hillary needs to be stopped. DNC should refuse her debate entry, but that would just further her victim role going on so they can't.