• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She's an attractive woman. I feel like that is at least in part why so many people want to come to her defense. She's also a vet. I do think she can pull some votes. Stay away Tulsi.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I want to think that Tulsi going third party won't have an effect.

But I also refuse to pretend like 2016 didn't happen.

Jill Stein had an effect. We can't forget that. And so far Tulsi is being taken a whole lot more seriously by the media than Stein ever was.

It's best to treat Tulsi like the trash she is, while not losing sight of the fact that, in a close election, she could do damage.

So...vote, kids.

I agree, though I think Stein was more popular with the left, no? In my opinion, Tulsi would do more damage to Trump than the Dem nominee.

Regardless, the fact that Tulsi is even considering a 3rd party run should disqualify her from running as a Dem candidate. She cannot be trusted.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
She's a Trumper and never polled a significant %. Not a threat to the Democrats. This is some republican fat cat galaxy brain thinking I dunno that much of the Democratic base will be fooled to vote for Trump shit by another name?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This doesn't make any sort of sense if she wants to attract leftists in any sort of numbers that matter.

I'm not American so maybe I'm confused but I thought her whole thing was she was a lefty?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary was right.

Tulsi is a fucking weirdo though that has way more baggage than Stein did.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Clinton is right and Tulsi is a Russian asset, do you people who say that Tulsi will have no effect think that you have better information than Russia has? Do you think they'd want her to run if there wasn't a plan or if they thought that her presence would be ineffective?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
She doesn't even have to get many votes. Just enough to contribute to the GOP's bag of tricks.

A little cut polling hours here, a little voter roll hacking there, a bunch of states with dubious purging laws, etc. Throw in a 3rd party candidate, and swing states with Republicans in key positions (like, ahem, Florida) can put their thumb on the scale and call it for Trump.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
If Clinton is right and Tulsi is a Russian asset, do you people who say that Tulsi will have no effect think that you have better information than Russia has? Do you think they'd want her to run if there wasn't a plan or if they thought that her presence would be ineffective?

I think it was Republican not Russian

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if a third-party Tulsi run is somehow enough to derail the Democratic nominee (because frankly, it shouldn't), maybe we *deserve* Trump.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Dumb ass Bernie and other Dems stumping for her - looking like idiots now.

Hillary knows the game. Luckily Tulsi is not well liked. Be ready for the Russia machine to push her though. It is going to be an ugly fight.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Honestly, if this were to happen, I honestly think she'll pull more from the right. I see her as someone republicans who don't want to vote for Trump, but can't bring themselves to vote Dem, could go for.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
And all the people who jumped down Hillarys throat for accurately predicting the fuckery grit their teeth and close the browser window....

i9LUCu9.gif

The only reason Hillary got that backlash is people still hate her.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
My best guess would be trying to position her as a 'centrist', especially if Warren or Bernie get the democratic nomination. That way she has the best chance of trying to sucks up as many 'moderate' votes as possible (which are breaking towards Democrats otherwise), and maybe some Democrats who are 'turned off' by the 'far left' Warren/Sanders.

Not sure how well it would work in practice, but if the fox News propaganda arm starts really pushing her publicity they could make a go of it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Of course. Like when she called Trump supporters deplorables and people shat on her, and now we know there are a bunch of people who voted and support him regardless of what he says/does and her comment didn't hurt anything

She will 100% hurt Democrats FAR more than Trump. She's literally been campaigning as a Democrat. She aligns closer with them and will siphon off votes from whoever is the nominee. No Trump supporter is choosing between him and her.
Not at all.

She gets so much more press coverage in conservative news it's ridiculous.

She is very likely to syphon enough fringe Republicans it will cancel out the fringe Dens she'll get which still won't be as large as Stein because her charisma among Stein types is atrocious for them.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't think Russia are necessarily American political experts, anymore so than tv pundits that guess things. They just want chaos and to mess with the elections and know a 3rd party candidate that is viable can do it. They also know what Tulsi is like and probably figured they could boost her and she'd go along with it.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I remember there being some overlap in the Bernie support and the Tulsi support. I guess if Bernie isn't the nominee, people will convince themselves that she's a "real progressive" and not a spoiler candidate, or that they have to support third parties in order to break the 2 party hegemony or something.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole Russian agent thing is probably bullshit but she's doing a good job trying to prove Hillary right. Regardless this is a dumb waste of money, she has absolutely no swagger and comes off as cold.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
This doesn't make any sort of sense if she wants to attract leftists in any sort of numbers that matter.

I'm not American so maybe I'm confused but I thought her whole thing was she was a lefty?

Here's the rub:

Tulsi should have never been able to attract "leftists" in the first place.

She has ALWAYS been this.

But she throws bombs at the DNC (which is so hot and "in" right now) and kissed Bernie's ring, which was apparently all it took for a bunch of "progressives" to forget that she was a conservative, warmongering, dictator loving homophobe and trip over themselves to support her.

In short: no. I have absolutely zero faith in the same far left folk who adored her in 2015/16 to not be swayed by her potential third party run. Especially if Bernie doesn't get the nomination and she runs on a "Bernie was robbed!" platform.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people knew about this Tulsi going to this event besides Hilary.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the rub:

Tulsi should have never been able to attract "leftists" in the first place.

She has ALWAYS been this.

But she throws bombs at the DNC (which is so hot and "in" right now) and kissed Bernie's ring, which was apparently all it took for a bunch of "progressives" to forget that she was a conservative, warmongering, dictator loving homophobe and trip over themselves to support her.

In short: no. I have absolutely zero faith in the same far left folk who adored her in 2015/16 to not be swayed by her potential third party run. Especially if Bernie doesn't get the nomination and she runs on a "Bernie was robbed!" platform.
I think the only people I've seen on the left praise her are Tankies. And they are universally laughed at on the left.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She might pull some of the really deranged Bernie or busters but I can't see her making a big enough impact to matter.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Am I missing something? The article only asserts twice that "party insiders" believe she is gearing up for a third party run, which like, no shit, of course they think that.

It doesn't seem to suggest any new information about her seriously considering it, just that Dem party people who are already frustrated with her think it's a possibility.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Like when she called Trump supporters deplorables and people shat on her, and now we know there are a bunch of people who voted and support him regardless of what he says/does and her comment didn't hurt anything

She will 100% hurt Democrats FAR more than Trump. She's literally been campaigning as a Democrat. She aligns closer with them and will siphon off votes from whoever is the nominee. No Trump supporter is choosing between him and her.

a quick trip to 4chan and alt right circles can show you how many ex Trump voters are seriously considering voting Tulsi. I'd say aside from crazy BERNIE or busters, she won't really hurt Warren's chances.

Oct 28, 2017
Am I missing something? The article only asserts twice that "party insiders" believe she is gearing up for a third party run, which like, no shit, of course they think that.

It doesn't seem to suggest any new information about her seriously considering it, just that Dem party people who are already frustrated with her think it's a possibility.

No, you aren't missing anything. Clinton sources are most likely just floating this for exactly the "Hillary was right, see!!!" posts we are getting here. Because yes, people are that easy to manipulate.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
If she does it's a guaranteed win for Trump.

...how, exactly?

someone has to lock down that jill stein/harambe vote

my thinking too - like, who would she even be for? never trumpers?

I think the only people I've seen on the left praise her are Tankies. And they are universally laughed at on the left.

as they should be; we have standards

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's why I said take it with a grain of salt in the OP. The third party assertion is being made by Gasparino. He just tweeted that he was following up on the "scoop" on some *shudder* Fox appearance.