• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I know it's easy to flippantly say "of course, is anyone surprised, etc", and move on, but this should be treated like a big fucking deal. Imagine if a top writer for MSNBC was revealed to be... well, I can't think of any counter equivalent of being a hateful racist... perhaps some right-wing boogeyman like a member of antifa. You can be damn sure that the right wing would treat it as an indictment of both the network and anyone that's ever had anything to do with the network. You'd probably have Republicans calling for investigations into MSNBC, demanding the host and producer resign, and demanding that any Democrats that ever appeared on that show denounce the network, etc. I'd really like to see the Democrats unleash some of that fire and brimstone on Tucker Carlson and Fox News for this. Carlson and the other writers and producers at Fox News can't seriously plausibly deny that they knew that this writer held these beliefs.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man

VIBxsL6.png
AncientAliveAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and guess it somehow doesn't count as "cancel culture" or some sort of infringement on "free speech" if he "resigns".

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's easy to flippantly say "of course, is anyone surprised, etc", and move on, but this should be treated like a big fucking deal. Imagine if a top writer for MSNBC was revealed to be... well, I can't think of any counter equivalent of being a hateful racist... perhaps some right-wing boogeyman like a member of antifa. You can be damn sure that the right wing would treat it as an indictment of both the network and anyone that's ever had anything to do with the network. You'd probably have Republicans calling for investigations into MSNBC, demanding the host and producer resign, and demanding that any Democrats that ever appeared on that show denounce the network, etc. I'd really like to see the Democrats unleash some of that fire and brimstone on Tucker Carlson and Fox News for this. Carlson and the other writers and producers at Fox News can't seriously plausibly deny that they knew that this writer held these beliefs.
eh I'm not sure that alternate series of events is what would happen. the equivalent would be like...I dunno, the head writer for chris hayes' program turning out to have been a regular guest on True Anon or something. in which case they would be fired and there would be tankers of digital ink spilled and then it would be forgotten about in a week, which is going to be what happens here. nothing would materially change, it's just funny to watch from the other side.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I think there's enough audio clips out there, especially from, a Bubba the Love Sponge appearance (?) that prove Tucker agrees with a lot of it.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Democrats already regularly call Tucker a white supremacist though. It's not like this isn't already a talking point.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I wonder if Tucker Carlson will one day quit Fox News and go full "mask off" on some independent platform or website.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
His username on the forum, CharlesXII, is a reference to Charles XII of Sweden, a king known for his military victories and who abstained from sex and alcohol. Neff, a history buff interested in wars and military battles, has repeatedly disclosed on the forum that he rarely drinks and The Post story said he rarely dates.
I'm sure he would be quick to assure us, however, that his abstinence from dating and sex is completely voluntary.

Amakuni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
148 posts since 2017. It's safe to say this site is not that posters main site they post on...

I'm a lurker, not a poster. I've posted here more than I ever did 4 years on GAF.

Capture.jpg

And no, I have not been active since. . . well the existence of this site.

In that case, I'm sure you wouldn't mind explaining what you meant?

You might want to read up on history of this website, specifically why it came into fruition.

That was my first instinct but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they weren't defending a literal white supremacist forum.

Alas.

What GAF? How was I defending them in the slightest? That site is literally tumbleweeds. Nobody has gone there since. . . 2017, coincidentally the year of this sites inception. Look at their Alexa ranking if you don't believe me, its like in 15,000s currently and I believe was in the top 2000 or so back when it was actually relevant.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, I'm actually friends with some people who knew this guy a little in college. He was briefly part of their fraternity, but got kicked out for making a death threat, allegedly. With a mouth full of garlic knots. Not clear if the knots were the proposed weapon or if he was eating them at the time, I asked but it's late :P

Anyway, most of the rest of what they said was he had a real crusty incel sorta vibe and nasty fuckin' socks.