• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he was just as harsh and judgmental when Melania Trump literally plagiarized a Michelle Obama speech.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Trump can't even freaking read, needs big font on paper and rather use pictures to get the idea. Lol

Fuck outta here.

Also Melania is horrible as a first Lady.

Fuck outta here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump can't even freaking read, needs big font on paper and rather use pictures to get the idea. Lol

Fuck outta here.

Also Melania is horrible as a first Lady.

Fuck outta here.
The annoying shit is that he knows this is all bullshit, he knows this doesn't matter. He knows that for the past four years we had a President that would have typos every other word on Twitter and he couldn't get a single sentence out without rambling or saying some crazy shit. He knows we had a First Lady who almost never spoke in public since she had nothing worth to say.

But being a hypocrite doesn't matter to him since he's just gonna say whatever his viewers want him to say. You can't make him feel shame since he's completely shameless.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Tucker Carlson looks like he's taking an incredibly painful shit 24/7. His facial expressions are painful to watch. The true embarrassment to his nation. In a just world he would be deplatformed and end up destitute. Then he could try his hardest to pull on his bootstraps until he realizes that hard work isn't enough and that his worldview has been pathetic all this time.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, how convenient for Tucker to "summarize" their findings, which means just lying through his teeth about the contents, then tell his viewers "well I'm not saying it, maybe you should just decide." It's not like they could have posted excerpts - no, really, they couldn't, because he's completely lying about it being incomprehensible or riddled with errors.

Jesus fucking Christ.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
These assholes are quickly going to realize how much they've missed the pearl clutching with a Dem in office.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Tucker Carlson calls Dr. Jill Biden "borderline illiterate"

Just saw this and I'm speechless. What's with all the attacks on Jill Biden lately? She seems like one of the nicest people out there. Seems like Republicans are lashing out because they couldn't steal the election. Going to be a nasty 4 years if this is a preview.

They can go 0 to 100 on anyone. Thats why I press people not to adopt that shit. They make boogey men and women out of anyone on the left that they want at warp speed. And they will hammer away at her nonstop too for as long as they can. Shes educated and everything they hate. This is only the beginning.

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We really need to stop giving Fox and GOP troll rants threads. The amount of stupid shit they say will keep the front page flooded daily.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when our first lady wore a jacket that had "I don't really care do u?" painted on it? We talking illiteracy now?

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read the first two pages and love her writing style. It's very similar to my professional writing style. She has a strong focus on clarity via grammar, and doesn't shy away from less common, but still grammatically correct, sentence structures.

His claims are just outrageous...

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
man where can you earn a doctorate while being illiterate.

that's a helluva trick. and the thing is, you know someone did it because Republicans only project.

I mean, we all know the Dubyah Bush story, so there has to be one out there.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
this all starts with an op ed in a non-regulated opinion section. the life cycle of right wing topics from inception to circulation in rural america is infuriating

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hypocrisy getting started early I see for republicans.

What are Trumps crimes against the world compared to Biden potentially putting on a tan suit some day?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just fucking wish someone who thinks this shit would turn that scrutiny toward their dear leader, and I'd want to see it.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'm a writer by trade

I skimmed the dissertation, and... it seems like a pretty standard academic essay?

meanwhile, any time I read a transcript of Tucker Carlson all I see are logical fallacies.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
It is disgusting how eagerly the right attacks politician's spouses and women specifically. It is uber gross.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
This is disgusting -- and it's also entirely misplaced. If he has an issue with her dissertation, he should take it up with her dissertation committee.

But this is just Tucker. Tucker's a piece of shit. Tucker's always been a piece of shit, and he's paid more money annually than most of us will make in our entire lifetime to be a vocal, relentless, fetid piece of shit. He's going to be a piece of shit for the next 4 years. Probably longer than that, because he's the sort of piece of shit that just leaves a stain on America.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"Jill Biden's doctoral dissertation is our national shame. " lmao

This is the dissertation in question, the one that "proves" Jill Biden is "borderline illiterate":

Seems pretty normal to me. Infinitely better than anything Trump could put together, who unsurprisingly Tucker Carlson would NEVER criticize on the same grounds.

God, fake news is the worst.
Yeah this reads insanely normal. What is this clown talking about.

Can we just stop having Tucker threads.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 18 pages in and besides it being kind of boring, I haven't noticed anything remotely close to what would get him to call her illiterate. Amusingly, I noticed she used the word "undeserved" instead of "underserved" in the first paragraph, I guess that's what he's hoping people will latch onto?

This whole conservative sphere attack on her doctorate is so silly. Like even if we all magically agreed that only medical doctors should be called doctor (who cares), everyone has called academic doctorate degree holders Doctor, including them!!!

It's the most immediately self-defeating nonsense. I legitimately don't understand how they arrived at this as their New Thing.

Yep that's the only mistake I noticed when I quickly went over the first few pages. lol if he thinks this is 'bad' guy is a moron.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
This is the dissertation in question, the one that "proves" Jill Biden is "borderline illiterate":

Seems pretty normal to me. Infinitely better than anything Trump could put together, who unsurprisingly Tucker Carlson would NEVER criticize on the same grounds.

I skimmed a few pages and nothing is jumping out at me. What's the game here exactly? Is the assumption that none of Tucker's viewers will check anything he says? Would they think we're stupid eggheads for even thinking to try? And these are the people who constantly harp about "doing their own research" (which usually only extends to a google search and some blogs or youtube videos, but still). Conservatism just seems so bankrupt, intellectually speaking. This is a minor example but an easy one to illustrate.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I just skimmed through the dissertation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Just another pathetic, sexist, and bad-faith attack from Conservatives.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
If she's illiterate, then what does that make Trump, who uses language at a level that even I, a non-native speaker, find laughable.
exactly. i learned english as a hobby watching tv and even i know "looking at it strongly" sounds ridiculous and i know how to spell Marine Corps unlike Trump.

i should NOT know that i speak better english than the President of the USA..

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
so I mean... on a personal level, I'm not especially impressed by this paper. like I'm obviously biased here but I'd say it's worse than some I wrote in undergrad (albeit longer), and there are some pretty glaringly bad passages. not "borderline illiterate" bad, but "I personally wouldn't have expected this to be good enough to get a doctorate" bad.

that being said, it's genuinely bizarre that this is what they're focusing on these days. does writing a kinda bad dissertation mean you're no longer qualified to be first lady? are they suggesting that there's some kind of nefarious corruption at hand?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Tucker Carlson calls Dr. Jill Biden "borderline illiterate"

Just saw this and I'm speechless. What's with all the attacks on Jill Biden lately? She seems like one of the nicest people out there. Seems like Republicans are lashing out because they couldn't steal the election. Going to be a nasty 4 years if this is a preview.

dumb people that are threatened by smart women

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I thought literacy was a binary. You can read or you can't.

Also tucker's really scraping the bottom of the barrel here but what else is new

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ

While I'm in engineering rather than education, the language used is pretty much what you would expect from an academic publication/PhD thesis. Couple of typos here and there, but it's really minimal.

Deleted member 82064

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2020
I thought literacy was a binary. You can read or you can't.

Also tucker's really scraping the bottom of the barrel here but what else is new
I think there are actually specified levels of reading.
But yeah, if this is the thing Fox is hoping to stick, then they are sorely wrong. Well, admittedly attacking women in power is probably one of the corner stones of Fox "reporting" so at least they have to try.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Dear lord typos. Because Tucker definitely never makes them. I heard he demanded his publisher fire all their copywriters before each one of his books went to press. Meanwhile, Jill Biden is so illiterate she decided to ignore the sound advice of the ten proofreaders that all graduate students are provided free of charge. National shame.