• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Tucker Carlson calls Dr. Jill Biden "borderline illiterate"

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Dr. Jill needs reading glasses. Either that or she's borderline illiterate. There are typos everywhere, including in the first graph of the introduction. Dr. Jill can't write -- she can't really think clearly either. Parts of the dissertation seem to be written in a foreign language using English words. They're essentially pure nonsense, like pig Latin or dogs barking. The whole thing is just incredibly embarrassing. And not simply to poor, illiterate Jill Biden, but to the college that considered this crap scholarship. Embarrassing, in fact, to our entire system of higher education, to the nation itself. Jill Biden's doctoral dissertation is our national shame. Are we overstating this? Well, you decide!

Just saw this and I'm speechless. What's with all the attacks on Jill Biden lately? She seems like one of the nicest people out there. Seems like Republicans are lashing out because they couldn't steal the election. Going to be a nasty 4 years if this is a preview.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Let them whine all they want. Their party is getting split by this shit and watching them flail is entertaining.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just saw this and I'm speechless. What's with all the attacks on Jill Biden lately? She seems like one of the nicest people out there. Seems like Republicans are lashing out because they couldn't steal the election. Going to be a nasty 4 years if this is a preview.

I'm assuming you're too young to remember the 90s and the nonstop attacks on Hillary and also Chelsea (who was literally a child at the time). Shit was fucking disgusting.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
if all a talking head submits is incendiary statements with no clear point, ignore it. don't post it. don't share it. let it fade into obscurity. give the fire no oxygen.

thanks

ETA: honestly if I were a mod or whatever I'd encourage locking and deleting this. what are we going to talk about. how wrong he is? meanwhile the right just cackles and continues. no offense to you op, this stuff is infuriating but that's the point of it.

Oct 31, 2017
Sexism, Anti-intellectualism, an appeal to "real" Americans (I.E. white people who serve the country, but specifically military, healthcare, emergency services).

It's fascism.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
they aren't trying to make anything resembling a good faith argument. I'm not sure why you give them the time of day or make threads about everything these talking heads say.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they think they can turn Jill into "Scary Hillary" 2.0 then they are in for a long long 8 years.

they aren't trying to make anything resembling a good faith argument. I'm not sure why you give them the time of day or make threads about everything these talking heads say.
Gotta keep feeding the rage machine..
/s

I agree.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If she's illiterate, then what does that make Trump, who uses language at a level that even I, a non-native speaker, find laughable.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017

They trying to rally around a common enemy to reunite the party since Nancy and AOC no longer work due to Half the party now being populist morons now.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This party sure does love to attack women over the pettiest things. Seeing a pattern here, hmm.

Funny how they never had anything but love for Melania, even though she slapped Trump's hands away repeatedly, plagiarized, said bad things about Christmas, destroyed a beautiful and historic garden planted decades ago, being absent most of the presidency, etc.

Not a peep. But, got to call Jill stupid, hmm. Guess Melania was one of the good ones.

Also of note, Trump cheated on Melania and she took him back. They raked Hillary over the coals for staying with Bill.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
The pot calling the kettle black, to put it in extremely generous terms.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Boys Club Rhetoric
I've seen Melania's titties.

I can't care about a Jill Biden typo.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
It's as if the closer you lean towards altruism the more these people abhor you (referring to her doctorate) . She's also the wrong gender. My jimmies would be rustled if it wasn't so obvious these talking heads are just trolls on soap boxes.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I am waiting for the day that this vile piece of shit gets his comeuppance.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They care about typos now?

It's funny seeing these guys completely change what they care about every time there's a new President.

Oct 25, 2017
The speed with which he progressed to "Jill Biden's doctoral dissertation is our national shame" is impressive.

Inventing villains. Gotta do it day 1 or people may wonder why they hadn't heard about how terrible she was earlier.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

I see your point, although in a post-Trump world a talking head like Tucker without a drop of experience could become the Republican nominee and even the President. He's a talking head I worry about versus a clown Hannity type who will never reach beyond the base.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
This is obviously to back up that ridiculous WSJ opinion piece. Tucker is attacking the dissertation to attack her doctorate, to further the idea that she shouldn't be a Dr.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
This is the dissertation in question, the one that "proves" Jill Biden is "borderline illiterate":

Seems pretty normal to me. Infinitely better than anything Trump could put together, who unsurprisingly Tucker Carlson would NEVER criticize on the same grounds.

God, fake news is the worst.

It looks absolutely fine, though I'm not in a position to judge (really though, is this guy?).

More likely he ran it through a spell check and Word struggled with academic words/terms it and he didn't recognize.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is the dissertation in question, the one that "proves" Jill Biden is "borderline illiterate":

Seems pretty normal to me. Infinitely better than anything Trump could put together, who unsurprisingly Tucker Carlson would NEVER criticize on the same grounds.

God, fake news is the worst.

I'm 18 pages in and besides it being kind of boring, I haven't noticed anything remotely close to what would get him to call her illiterate. Amusingly, I noticed she used the word "undeserved" instead of "underserved" in the first paragraph, I guess that's what he's hoping people will latch onto?

This whole conservative sphere attack on her doctorate is so silly. Like even if we all magically agreed that only medical doctors should be called doctor (who cares), everyone has called academic doctorate degree holders Doctor, including them!!!

It's the most immediately self-defeating nonsense. I legitimately don't understand how they arrived at this as their New Thing.

Deleted member 4874

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BREAKING: television firebrand puts out bait to get people blathering about him on social media again

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Borderline illiterate you say? Wait till you get a load of this guy Trump.

apozem

Oct 30, 2017
Jill Biden could have won the Nobel Prize and he'd still attack her. Carlson is the king of "I'm not making a bad-faith attack, I'm a Serious Bowtie Man who's Just Asking Questions."