• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first season sucked ass through a straw. There was potential in places, but yeah.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I wasn't in to this show, but I know it had some super dedicated fans. And if we learned anything with Bojack Horseman, these kinds of shows can change a lot when they are given the chance. Hoping the new run is a big success.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first season was fucking great, glad there is more coming.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first season by the end was really good. The first couple of episodes were meh but it by no means sucked ass

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, they removed Adult Swim from my tv subscription… I loved Tuca&Bertie.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Wish we had a better way to watch it; excited nonetheless - we also couldn't believe Netflix dropped it. Season 1 was great.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
The first season sucked ass through a straw. There was potential in places, but yeah.
This is the worst post I've ever seen on this here website. Jesus Christ.

The first season was tremendously good, I'm so thrilled that this was picked back up. I'm hoping I can buy the season since I'll be out of the country and won't be able to use my cable credentials.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hope someone picks this up in the UK since the first season was great.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for this!

Netflix really fucked up not renewing this, but glad it's still kicking!

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for this!

Netflix really fucked up not renewing this, but glad it's still kicking!

It simply probably was not profitable for Netflix. I think people tend to take this stuff personally (I LIKED this show and Netflix CANCELLED IT? Hmmpff!) but really these are all business decisions. HBO needs new subscribers so picking up a show that already has a built-in audience even if it doesn't pull in a ton of subscribers makes sense.

I think I should check this out as it seems right up my alley but never watched for some reason.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It simply probably was not profitable for Netflix. I think people tend to take this stuff personally (I LIKED this show and Netflix CANCELLED IT? Hmmpff!) but really these are all business decisions. HBO needs new subscribers so picking up a show that already has a built-in audience even if it doesn't pull in a ton of subscribers makes sense.

I think I should check this out as it seems right up my alley but never watched for some reason.

I mean, Lisa Hanawalt should have received more good faith after Bojack (which also didn't have a significant viewership until near the end of its run), especially given it was their only animated show besides She-Ra from a female creator. It's worth watching for the insane animation quality alone.

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
I was really disappointed when this show got cancelled not just because it was funny and fun to watch, but a lot of US animation on tv is extremely ugly, obviously digits-composited, like a flash animation almost, and T&B was new and different enough that i hoped it could carve a new path in animation styles.
how does it feel to be so wrong

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the first season better than any season of Bojack. And I liked Bojack a lot.

In the end, the two shows are quite different.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how I don't care for Bojack at all, but Tuca & Bertie had me hooked from the start. Can't wait for the new season.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The subtle thing a lot of people probably didn't pick up about the show is how bouncy and musical it is. The soundtrack was awesome, and even the scenes without music animate to an invisible beat. I was pretty bummed when they cancelled it but I hope more people give it a second chance.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how I don't care for Bojack at all, but Tuca & Bertie had me hooked from the start. Can't wait for the new season.

They're very, very different shows. Tuca & Bertie is much more lighthearted, and the animation is incredibly psychedelic. I love them both.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
this sunday!

also, I appreciate that Adult Swim is airing this after Rick and Morty every week (starting in week 2). Take note Netflix - THIS is how you support a new show

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I recently binged all of season 1 on Netflix and found it quite enjoyable, made me laugh out loud a few times (before also hitting me in the gut with a mallet a few times). Really REALLY good show, so I'm looking forward to Season 2 dropping and somewhat ashamed it took me this long to get around to watching it. Probably shouldn't expect any bouncing bare breasts on display in this iteration since it's cable but that's okay.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Take note Netflix - THIS is how you support a new show
Yeah! I was just thinking yesterday why they are starting Tuca & Bertie a week early and figured it might be an episode count difference. But this is a good move to put it behind Rick and Morty and will probably give it some good lead in.
Probably shouldn't expect any bouncing bare breasts on display in this iteration since it's cable but that's okay.
Lol no, those are probably gone from the opening and the whole rest of the show. I'm hoping that they keep the opening song though because I grew to like it. I guess they are probably unlikely to ever air season 1 on the channel either.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Is Adult Swim on any streaming services? I'd sign up right away and tweet them I did it for Tuca and Bertie.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
I'm really looking forward to seeing where the new season goes. Bertie is far too relatable for me, it's uncanny. I was obsessed with the first season when it came out, and honestly it's still one of my favorites. I've rewatched it so many times. It'll be really nice having more content to add more variety to future rewatches, double the length of episodes now lol. Don't have TV anymore but this'll be the first show I throw money at for a digital season pass in a very long time, I wanna support it in any way I can after how badly Netflix treated it.