• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Earlier this year at the Xbox E3 Press Conference, TT Games revealed Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. This next chapter in the series will include content from all nine of the main Star Wars films and is scheduled to arrive at some point next year on all major platforms.

Burgon's full words:
"It's been really good actually. The first build that we had on Switch ran like a dream, so it's great. With the new technology, we started off and had that in mind because Switch is one of our biggest platforms actually in the US, so we really want to do it justice on that platform."

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is due out for Switch in 2020.

More info here:

Close if this is not a dream.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear there are like 20 lego star wars games.

What's the difference between all of them

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean with the other games on switch they either run on an ancient engine or use experimental stuff(LEGO movie 2 uses the world engine). So a new modern engine is likely to work a lot better with the switches modern architecture and streamlined tools. Power isn't the end all, good code and modern structure can help alot

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Lego Star Wars adapted the prequel trilogy

Lego Star Wars 2 adapted the original trilogy

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga is a collection of the previous two games

Lego Star Wars 3 adapted the first season or so of the Clone Wars show.

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens adapted The Force Awakens with some bonus content set between RotJ and TFA.

Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga is a second attempt at doing the prequels and original trilogy and TFA, with also adapting TLJ and TROS. Although previous games were linear, Skywalker Saga is open world.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

This upcoming one is actually a complete grounds-up remake of The Complete Saga + the New Trilogy. They've talked about a completely rebalanced combat akin to Souls games (light attack/heavy attack combos), revamped mechanics, new hub world where you can visit all in-game planets like No Man's Sky, new visuals/camera etc.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic to hear! My favorite way to play the LEGO games is portably, but they've have been a little hit and miss on the Switch.

The newest one I tried was LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, and it ran pretty poorly. Low resolution and a pretty bad framerate.
LEGO City Undercover was OK, but also had framerate issues in the open world, but was more forgivable since it was pretty close to the Switch's launch.

The port of the Harry Potter collection was really good though. Movies 1-4 had a great framerate, and the other game seemed good too.
This upcoming one is actually a complete grounds-up remake of The Complete Saga + the New Trilogy. They've talked about a completely rebalanced combat akin to Souls games (light attack/heavy attack combos), revamped mechanics, new hub world where you can visit all in-game planets like No Man's Sky, new visuals/camera etc.

Wow, I hadn't heard about all of those changes, only the open world stuff I'd read about.

One thing I love about the LEGO Star Wars games is that they tend to use them as leaps forward for the series or at least try new stuff.

Star Wars 3 (the clone wars one) was the first one that took advantage of the 360/PS3 gen and it looked great, had lots of units on screen, large scale set-pieces, and even introduced an interesting RTS mode in some of the levels.
That mode ended up being too easy to be really interesting, but it was still a cool new thing.

Last edited:

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm still gonna get it for the PS4 but its good to see the Switch version isn't being neglected

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Lego Star Wars adapted the prequel trilogy

Lego Star Wars 2 adapted the original trilogy

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga is a collection of the previous two games

Lego Star Wars 3 adapted the first season or so of the Clone Wars show.

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens adapted The Force Awakens with some bonus content set between RotJ and TFA.

Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga is a second attempt at doing the prequels and original trilogy and TFA, with also adapting TLJ and TROS. Although previous games were linear, Skywalker Saga is open world.

Woah. Thank you for this.

Would this make the previous 2 trilogies (Complete Saga) obsolete?

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I'll wait and see this for myself before I believe the developer here. Any of the LEGO games I've played on Switch have had terrible performance.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
giphy.webp

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
My dreams are 30fps with drops and have blurry upscaling. Don't get me started on the frame pacing.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Whose dream?
In my dreams I often can't open my eyes all the way, and I move really slow like I'm underwater. Also my teeth fall out.

Maybe I'll wait for reviews.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I have dozens of LEGO games. I used to love playing them with my son and looking forward to the new ones. Now they've become mind numbing to play. They really need to switch up the formula IMO. TFA was actually a decent step but they need to go a lot further. I want to keep enjoying these games.