• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tbh Aniplex USA has Aniplex EXE now which is their game subsidiary..

They release some two VNs already

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
I would love to play this in my Switch but I won't get my hopes up, even with FGO success, to this day there's no official english version of FSN.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It would come out Fall 2023 at minimum
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception from them took 20 months after Japanese release, and Mask of Truth took 12, so not necessarily.

I think they're way too busy these days and wouldn't feel the sales potential was high enough though - they dropped Uta after all.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
ARCADE BUMSTEAD GO

stf,small,600x600-c,0,0,1000,1000.u1.jpg

Deleted member 14312

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's finally happening!!! I'm really curious as to how the soundtrack will turn out, since the original was basically nonexistent.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Maybe Gaijinworks will return from the dead and release it 5 years later with no voice acting since they can't afford it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Are none of the Fate VN's available in english? that's crazy considering the size of the IP. I'd hope for this to get localized always heard good things.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
let me craft a hellworld scenario for yall

"NIS America Announces Partnership with TYPE-MOON to Publish Tsukihime in the West"

lol
Siri, how do I delete someone's ResetEra post?

Guh, this is actually going to happen, isn't it? Unless someone like Aniplex ends us handling it.

Was that T-M? though it was Marvelous
Marvelous was the developer of the Fate/Extella games (and is developing the Fate/Extra remake), but Type-Moon owns the IP outright. Type-Moon has always farmed out their non-VN games to other developers, going all the way back to the original Melty Blood and they've never stuck with a specific developer, really (French Bread, 8ing, imageepoch and Marvelous have all developed games with Type-Moon's IP, and that's not factoring in the levithian that is F/GO).
Who tryna run some Melty Blood matches in the K-Mart parking lot
Ayooo who tryin to run sets

For real though, I hope this means that a Melty Blood remake is in the pipe.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Are none of the Fate VN's available in english? that's crazy considering the size of the IP. I'd hope for this to get localized always heard good things.
There is only a (very good) fan translation for the Japanese PC version, but there has never been an official localization. Unfortunately this is the fate for many old Japanese VNs, which will never get an English localization, and we will be just bound to read summaries/watch anime adaptations.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He is right, Nanaya is still the best though.
So wait there is hope of another anime adaptation? this time a good one, previous one OST was excellent at least.

It has a chance I think. Ufotable still make some FGO movies, but looks like they did the animation for the teaser (opening?) for this Tsukihime remake.

TV release for the Arcueid route (plus Ciel background, so like the manga) + series of OVA for the far side routes or just Hisui route please

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
It has a chance I think. Ufotable still make some FGO movies, but looks like they did the animation for the teaser (opening?) for this Tsukihime remake.

TV release for the Arcueid route (plus Ciel background, so like the manga) + series of OVA for the far side routes or just Hisui route please
You mean Kohaku, I want to see spidey Shiki.

Oct 25, 2017
OMG!! Can't believe it will actually release at all. Holy shit! Lack of PC version is quite odd, but fingers crossed for a localization.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
There is only a (very good) fan translation for the Japanese PC version, but there has never been an official localization. Unfortunately this is the fate for many old Japanese VNs, which will never get an English localization, and we will be just bound to read summaries/watch anime adaptations.

I'll try and get the fan translation and give that a go. Only really watched the Fate anime's but enjoyed them a lot.

adamma666

Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait.... There was an Anime series back in the 2000s that I really liked called Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Now seeing this trailer it seems connected. So far so good. But reading some comments in this thread it seems it ist all part of a bigger series? Help me out please, what so I have to watch If I want more Tsukihime?

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait.... There was an Anime series back in the 2000s that I really liked called Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Now seeing this trailer it seems connected. So far so good. But reading some comments in this thread it seems it ist all part of a bigger series? Help me out please, what so I have to watch If I want more Tsukihime?

You need to read the manga. And later watch Carnival Phantasm. Maybe.

Fate is technically in the same "universe" than Tsukihime, but overall they are quite unrelated to each other.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances this is only going to be one route.

It's "a piece" after all.

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Nasu verse is a thing except DDD I guess?

OP
OP
jonjonaug

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this isn't a joke post (the Tsukihime anime is mostly hated by fans of the franchise): Tsukihime is a visual novel released in 2000 by Type Moon, which is better known for the Fate franchise (Fate/stay night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Grand Order, etc). This is back when Type Moon was a small indie group, the game only had one writer, one artist, and one BGM composer. Despite that the game's script size and amount of artwork dwarfed many commercial releases, and it was very well received.

The remake was announced in 2008, and the long delay has been a huge joke in the Type Moon fanbase, with several Type Moon official works also poking fun at how long it's taken for it to be released.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
let me craft a hellworld scenario for yall

"NIS America Announces Partnership with TYPE-MOON to Publish Tsukihime in the West"

lol

ah fuck
I can't believe you've done this

OT: Sacchin route please and thank you, or at least a minigame where she
collects blood bags like pac-man
also maybe cameo Sion or Len just to set up for that Melty Blood Brave Bomber. On a side note, I really hope they lean into at least a tiny bit of extended universe characterizations i.e. Carnival Phantasm or even Kagetsu Touya; the original Tsukihime never let up on the brooding and it was boring having all these cool characters that you don't get to see shine until the final segments of their individual routes.

RIP Miyu Matsuki (1977--2015)