• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2018
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article225447290.html

A TSA agent committed suicide by jumping from the balcony of a Hyatt Regency Hotel near the Orlando International Airport on Saturday morning, sparking confusion and delays at the busy airport.

The man landed at the airport's atrium, near some security checkpoints.

The Federal Aviation Administration briefly grounded flights.

Orlando police reported they are working the incident at the airport, but have not released the agent's name.

Between this and some kid getting his leg ripped off on ET at Universal Orlando, it's a tough time for Orlando this weekend.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ouch. I hope this guy didn't do it because of monetary issues. Because then we would have a literal life on Trump's hand for his previous shutdown fiasco.

I was in the security line there on Thursday evening, looked up to see the corridors overlooking the terminal and realised it was a hotel. It's kinda impressive.
It's honestly surprising that more airports don't have hotels attached to their terminals. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for airlines to put someone up at the internal hotel considering how often the damn things are cancelled, rerouted or delayed.

Oct 27, 2017
I would have posted the own thread but currently no news outlets have covered it so not much to post in it yet

tumblr_ox60bzidCW1r1erpfo1_400.gif

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. I hope this guy didn't do it because of monetary issues. Because then we would have a literal life on Trump's hand for his previous shutdown fiasco.

TSA weren't all affected, were they? Or were they working voluntarily?

It's honestly surprising that more airports don't have hotels attached to their terminals. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for airlines to put someone up at the internal hotel considering how often the damn things are cancelled, rerouted or delayed.

It's probably not the right place to talk about it, but when I saw it I thought how damned convenient it was, and actually how well-integrated into the building.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I was in the security line there on Thursday evening, looked up to see the corridors overlooking the terminal and realised it was a hotel. It's kinda impressive.
Yeah it looks nice. Never stayed there though.

But it just emphasizes that the agent could have killed or seriously hurt someone below.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah some kid stuck his leg out of the ride yesterday towards the end and pretty much took his lower leg off. I'm hoping news picks up on it soon. Already confirmed by multiple team members.
What the fuck

I love that ride. I love that ride even more than the movie. I'm not even sure how this would happen. Like did he stick it out right before a wall or something?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
ET is closed today according to the app, so something is up.

Hope the ride doesn't permanently close. It's one of my favorites and it's the only ride left from the park opening.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yo, losing appendages on roller coasters is legit something I used to have nightmares about, but I always thought it would be impossible in reality.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I have tried Google for anything about this Universal accident, found nothing.
Same. But if something did happen, we will hear about it eventually. The parks have to file accident reports with the state and they're made public.
Yo, losing appendages on roller coasters is legit something I used to have nightmares about, but I always thought it would be impossible in reality.
This isn't a roller coaster. It's basically Peter Pan's Flight at WDW with a different ride vehicle. It's one of the tamest rides at the park. Which makes this even weirder.
e-t-adventure-universal-studios-florida-18-oi.jpg

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Right at the start of the month, I have to wonder if finances were an issue. Could be shutdown related?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Same. But if something did happen, we will hear about it eventually. The parks have to file accident reports with the state and they're made public.

This isn't a roller coaster. It's basically Peter Pan's Flight at WDW with a different ride vehicle. It's one of the tamest rides at the park. Which makes this even weirder.
Ah alright so like 'it's an small world' in Disney?

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article225447290.html

Between this and some kid getting his leg ripped off on ET at Universal Orlando, it's a tough time for Orlando this weekend.
Ew. People do stupid shit on rides. When I was at Universal Hollywood last year some teenagers were messing around on the Minions ride and sticking their foot out of the carriage. The ride is a giant platform moving your seat set up and down to the movement of a 3d movie, and could easily take your foot off. The attendants had to stop our ride mid-show to yell at them and then they restarted the whole thing again. I hated it because it was giving me motion sickness and those kids made it restart again ; ;

Jul 3, 2018
Did the TSA worker commit suicide due to the lack of pay from the shutdown? I'm hearing not every agency is getting backpay...

Anyway RIP

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'm trying to think where in the ride would it be dangerous enough to cause limb loss. Maybe around the beginning or end platforms of the ride?
The ride doesn't go very fast IIRC.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm trying to think where in the ride would it be dangerous enough to cause limb loss. Maybe around the beginning or end platforms of the ride?
The ride doesn't go very fast IIRC.

It would have to be at the loading platform - maybe at the operator station? Because everywhere else has clearance to prevent you being anywhere near anything else.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't theme park rides, big and small, be designed that if you are stupid and stick your limbs out that you can't hit anything anyway?

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
somebody else on twitter said they knew someone who was there and it was a just a foot injury and not anything bloody

why do i care about this

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
That is crazy and super sad. I heard about the Universal thing at ET also. I work at Universal and it is being kept pretty quiet as it's not being talked about like crazy among team members. I just happened to be told about it.
People really don't take warnings on rides seriously enough, really sad.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn boy, shutdown is over and everyone is back to not giving a single fuck about TSA. Even a thread about one of them gets derailed from its own OP

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ET is closed today according to the app, so something is up.

Hope the ride doesn't permanently close. It's one of my favorites and it's the only ride left from the park opening.

The only reason Universal hasn't already closed the ET ride is because Stephen Spielberg threatens Universal whenever they try to consider it. Kind of absurd that it's now going on 30 years old and it looks like they have barely done anything to modernize or refurbish it. It's kind of a fun No-Wait activity for when you get bored though.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Universal hasn't already closed the ET ride is because Stephen Spielberg threatens Universal whenever they try to consider it. Kind of absurd that it's now going on 30 years old and it looks like they have barely done anything to modernize or refurbish it. It's kind of a fun No-Wait activity for when you get bored though.
That's hilarious if true.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
A sad way to go in front of such an unsuspecting crowd, with the likes of kids; regardless if he was making some kind of statement or not, I wouldn't know, as I don't know his story. May he find peace..!!

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, I was at work today and we were all trying to figure out what the hell was up when all inbound and outbound Orlando flights suddenly cancelled. It's too bad that it was caused by something so horrible.