• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Trusted Reviews posted their top 25 games of decade:
https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/best-games-of-the-decade-3963789

I found it pretty good by my tastes,the top 10 only 2 games I didn't played (Celeste and Nier Automata),both games I want to play some day.
4 PlayStation exclusives in the top 10,all 10/10 games for me,and exactly how I would ranking them: The Last of Us > God of War > Uncharted 4 > Bloodborne.
The Last of Us was always expected to rank high and be among a lot of top 10,but I am so happy to see God of War and Mass Effect 2 making presence in a lot of top 10 too,I love those games,no Red Dead Redemption is sad though.
Hollow Knight at 12th warms my heart.
The first new game I started this year is Dishonored 2,I liked the first game,but didn't loved,let's see how this one will be.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Strongly disagree with Mass Effect 2 ranking that high, and honestly don't think it'd make top 25 games of the decade for me personally... but overall the list is pretty solid, pleasant surprised to see Automata crack the top 5.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I would pick Dishonored, XCOM (2012) and Uncharted 2 instead of the sequels that were listed in the top 25. Dishonored 2 and XCOM 2 were pretty big disappointments for me and UC4 had it's own problem with the pacing and overall length of the game, still good game though.

Also, I really should start P4G someday.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

TLOU where it belongs.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ME2 really nailed the controls and had a story that wasn't as good as ME1 but still good, it was the gameplay was a huge leap forwards

radosiewka

Oct 29, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Nice list and they've included my favorite Persona 4 Golden for which I bought PS Vita. This list also reminds me to finally play Stardew Valley because I've postponed it enough by now. So maybe after I finish my Witcher games marathon (trilogy and Thronebraker)? But as those are a long games it's gonna take me at least 3 months before that.

They even included Life is Strange which is one of the most unique, story-driven games of the decade. I would probably switch Celeste or Hollow Knight for Rogue Legacy which is my favorite indie, rogue-like game.

Skyrim? It was a good game, but was it really such a great game comparing to Persona or Forza or Life is Strange? And in any kind revolutionary? Don't think so. And where is Red Dead Redemption?! I would gladly switch Skyrim for RDR and maybe switch Diablo, Final Fantasy 14 and Dishonored 2 for Fallout: New Vegas, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

And of course - put Witcher a little bit higher on the list, maybe even above God of War (which I've finished in 2019 and am still amazed at the level of details and world-building that Sony studio made). I absolutely agree with the first place and can't wait for the continuation.

Good top 25 from Truster Reviews.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
one of either gta5, rdr1 or 2 should probably on there, otherwise its pretty close to what i would think

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
Wow, Persona 4 Golden was this decade? Crazy.
Any list with Nier is great, although BOTW shouldn't be here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only Nintendo game in this list being BotW raises a lot of questions about what games this publication played in this decade

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
There is no Mario game in this list. I mean WTF

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Personally I would pick Dishonored, XCOM (2012) and Uncharted 2 instead of the sequels that were listed in the top 25. Dishonored 2 and XCOM 2 were pretty big disappointments for me and UC4 had it's own problem with the pacing and overall length of the game, still good game though.

Why is XCOM2 a disappointment when it is essentially XCOM1 but better in every regard?

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't line up with my own Top 25 but no list really does. Most of the games are considered good though and it's nice to see indies like Celeste get their fair shake

Wow, Persona 4 Golden was this decade? Crazy. Any list with Nier is great, although BOTW shouldn't be here.
No, it should. You not liking it doesn't change that

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Uncharted 2 is 2009

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is XCOM2 a disappointment when it is essentially XCOM1 but better in every regard?

From what I played back when it came out:

1. Way to hard. xCom1 I did fine but I had to turn this down to easy to get oases the first real mission.

2. It got really confusing what to do next on the overworld map. I think I was on some kind of timer but could never seem to select missions to help fix it. The overworld map was just... not working right for me.

Finally gave up due to frustrations with both.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 2 should top every single one of these polls.

Celeste is a good game, but it doesn't belong in the top 10.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
GoW is present in the top ten of most top games of the decade lists though. It actually also takes fourth place in Denofageek's top 100 list.

That's good to hear, I guess I haven't been following most of the GotD topics.

I really like how SM rebooted the GoW formula and wish more action games play like it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I feel like Super Mario Galaxy 2, one of Rockstars games, and Mario Odyssey should be there but the top choices make sense to me.

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
Doesn't line up with my own Top 25 but no list really does. Most of the games are considered good though and it's nice to see indies like Celeste get their fair shake

No, it should. You not liking it doesn't change that
Of course, it's just my opinion, like any top list. I guess I feel like the game didnt introduce anything new or good to the series, just taking elements of other games (that I also didnt like) and isnt really very good.

It's too early to say how influential it will end up being, but we will see.

Oct 26, 2017
The only Nintendo game in this list being BotW raises a lot of questions about what games this publication played in this decade
Guess the folk over there are big PlayStation fans. It's whatever. Folks like what they like

Of course, it's just my opinion, like any top list. I guess I feel like the game didnt introduce anything new or good to the series, just taking elements of other games (that I also didnt like) and isnt really very good.

It's too early to say how influential it will end up being, but we will see.
That's how I feel about a lot of other games on that list. Still wouldn't say any of them don't belong on the list

Well this isn't really an influential games list, otherwise games like God of War or Celeste wouldn't make it either

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
Guess the folk over there are big PlayStation fans. It's whatever. Folks like what they like

That's how I feel about a lot of other games on that list. Still wouldn't say any of them don't belong on the list

Well this isn't really an influential games list, otherwise games like God of War or Celeste wouldn't make it either
I hope Celeste ends up being influential. It does such a great job of using the medium to support the theme of the game, second only to Nier, I think.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fairly solid list. Agree with TLOU at no 1 and BotW at no 2, as well as Mass Effect 2, God of War, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 all being in there too. I'd have swapped Forza Horizon 2 for 3, but that definitely deserves a spot too.