• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
As someone familiar with printing, another country can't just print "millions of ballots" and send them to the states without a huge paper trail/people noticing.

Even sending basic, unprinted material from here to Canada is a huge pain in the ass. There are multiple documents and forms that need to be filled out as well as postage. Election ballots are printed on a specific stock that wouldn't be available to other countries unless we sent it there.

In short, it would basically be impossible to pull this off on even a small scale, let alone a presidential election without there being a shit ton of evidence.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
As someone familiar with printing, another country can't just print "millions of ballots" and send them to the states without a huge paper trail/people noticing.

Even sending basic, unprinted material from here to Canada is a huge pain in the ass. There are multiple documents and forms that need to be filled out as well as postage. Election ballots are printed on a specific stock that wouldn't be available to other countries unless we sent it there.

In short, it would basically be impossible to pull this off on even a small scale, let alone a presidential election without there being a shit ton of evidence.
Haha, you think facts will matter? If he loses, the election was rigged and 30% of the country will believe it til the day they die. If he wins, he won in spite of the rigging.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's been VERY clear, for years now, that he has every intent of rigging the 2020 election and then refusing to leave office if he loses because the election was rigged, BY HIM. Anyone with half a brain has been able to see this coming. It is vitally important to the future of the US that he is removed from office before November.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The media need to be fucking eviscerating him on shit like this. This is all he needs to say to give us years of bullshit excuses from his diehards

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been VERY clear, for years now, that he has every intent of rigging the 2020 election and then refusing to leave office if he loses because the election was rigged, BY HIM. Anyone with half a brain has been able to see this coming. It is vitally important to the future of the US that he is removed from office before November.
What are the laws regarding this.
When the votes are counted does Biden/trump automatically become president with powers or is it only after the official inauguration in 2021

Dec 22, 2017
Part of being a narcissist is never admitting defeat, he is laying the groundwork for that.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

it's ain't happening. We will need to overcome whatever scams they try to pull and get him out after he loses.

There's no one left to invoke the 25th amendment and the Senate won't remove him.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
When the votes are counted does Biden/trump automatically become president with powers or is it only after the official inauguration in 2021

The states will certify the results and then send a Certificate of Ascertainment to a bunch of people including President of the Senate (the VP). Each of the electors also prepare their statement of vote, and send copies to the same people.

Then there's a join session of Congress to count the electoral college votes. Once the votes are counted, the President-elect and Vice President-elect are declared. Then on January 20th the President-elect and Vice President-elect are sworn in and assume executive power.

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I read the title and since my brain is now trained to expect the dumbest thing possible with this buffoon, I immediately thought it was going to be a confession.

Read the Tweet and yeah I'm still not convinced it's not a confession. (How would that even work though??)

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

exactly espcially if ballots of specific identifiers etc, on top of needing to know the exact configuration of the ballot, the candidates etc.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
What are the laws regarding this.
It happens at the inauguration.

What Trump doesn't realize (because he's never read it) is that the wording of the Constitution is very clear on the timing of the President's term. He's "elected for a term of four years". It does NOT say "He's elected until the next election" or "He's elected until he's voted out". Even if no election is held in November at all (which I still think he's going to try to pull off), he's officially out of office in January, by Constitutional law, and there's not a goddamn thing he can do about it.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I assume that the greatest president, with the greatest brain and all the resources of the greatest nation ever, can stop that happening with so much head time, couldn't he?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's no joke I can make here that hasn't already been made. The worst part is that his fanbase will lap this up.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
It happens at the inauguration.

What Trump doesn't realize (because he's never read it) is that the wording of the Constitution is very clear on the timing of the President's term. He's "elected for a term of four years". It does NOT say "He's elected until the next election" or "He's elected until he's voted out". Even if no election is held in November at all (which I still think he's going to try to pull off), he's officially out of office in January, by Constitutional law, and there's not a goddamn thing he can do about it.

Correct. He would have to stage a full on no holds barred coup and completely overthrow the government. The military leadership is not going to go along with it, and frankly, he's too lazy and incompetent to pull it off.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
You can smell that fear in his tweets now. He's getting scared.

He had the element of surprise and "maybe he'll be goofy, but I doubt he'll hurt us much." narrative last time. Not so much anymore.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Such a ridiculous theory.
They can print 20 billion fake ballots if they want.... only those attributed to a registered voters will be counted. And more than one per voter triggers an investigation.

And all of this assumes the fake ballots fool counterfeiting measures, and the logistical hurdles.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
AREN'T YOU IN CHARGE DUDE?!?

I know it's a cult, but I can never understand why people support a President that acts like he hasn't been the one in power for the last three and a half years.

"I'm weak and can't get anything done!"
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Odd of him to announce his own plans but I appreciate the honesty

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The irony is that if foreign governments and people were allowed to vote, the US would almost certainly get a better president than the one they vote for themselves.

Whilst Trump is fucking the US quite spectacularly (and better than he did that lady making comments about his size on Twitter), the rest of the world is stuck with the fallout of all that dickery.

Oct 27, 2017
AREN'T YOU IN CHARGE DUDE?!?

I know it's a cult, but I can never understand why people support a President that acts like he hasn't been the one in power for the last three and a half years.

"I'm weak and can't get anything done!"
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

This is always my take. "Everything's rigged and it's not fair and I can't do a thing about it!" as if you weren't the guy in charge with literally all the power to do something about it.

It's just transparent bluster and it is, like everything this man does, pathetic.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He's just prepping an excuse for taking the big L in November. He can already feel it after this past weekend's debacle.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Trump saying the elections will be rigged.... MEANWHILE, Republicans are closing many polling places in communities of PoC, and Trump allegedly asked Xi Jinping for help in the next Presidential election. Hmmmm.....

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This is always my take. "Everything's rigged and it's not fair and I can't do a thing about it!" as if you weren't the guy in charge with literally all the power to do something about it.

It's just transparent bluster and it is, like everything this man does, pathetic.
It's why "Deep State" became so popular. Back in 2016 Republicans had all the power at every branch of government. Which meant they could no longer point to Democrats for passing bills and the like. But, Republicans know their base and know they want to be angry at somebody. So instead they came up with the idea that secretly Clinton and Obama people are still working for the government and operating things behind the scenes.

Of course if they gave it any thought at all they would realize that one, Trump has fired basically everybody and picked his own people so that means Trump is hiring the Deep State and two, how incredibly competent Democrats must be and how incompetent Republicans must be that Republicans have all the power and yet somehow Democrats are actually the ones still running things...

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
He is mad about his failed rally. And people actually think he is going to go away quietly when he loses in November. Fat chance. We will have to drag him out kicking and screaming.