• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Couldn't find the full transcript in video form yet, but summarized below - it's...quite something:

(CNN)President Donald Trump is getting desperate. He knows he is losing the 2020 presidential election to former Vice President Joe Biden. And he knows that suburban women have fled from him in droves over the last four years -- and he needs them back (or at least some of them) if he wants to have a serious chance of pulling off a come-from-behind victory on November 3.

Which brings me to a Trump campaign rally on Sunday night in Nevada. And Trump's latest attempt to convince suburban woman that he is their guy. Here's the pitch:

"Go buy a dishwasher. I said what's wrong with this thing? It doesn't clean the dishes right. The women come up to me, the women who they say don't like me -- they actually do like me a lot. Suburban women, please vote for me. I'm saving your house. I'm saving your community. I'm keeping your crime way down."

OK, so. The logic behind this argument goes like this.

1. Suburban women are the ones who do the dishes in their households
2. Dishwashers make doing the dishes easier
3. Trump made the water pressure in dishwashers better
4. Dishwashers now work better
5. Suburban women must vote for Trump

Yes, really. That's the logic.

That Trump would even put voice to such a ridiculous argument reveals that he is still existing in a "Mad Men" sort of world, in which women are frazzled housewives who are focused solely on making sure the laundry is done, the dishes are washed and there's a warm meal on the table before their husband gets home from his exhausting day of earning the family's keep at work.

It's a stunning -- and unintentional -- admission by Trump about how he a) regards women and b) what he believes will sway their votes. He made dishwashers work better! He's "saving your house," ladies! Come on.

That warped view of what women -- including housewives -- do and value comes after Trump has spent weeks trying to scare suburban women into voting for him.

Here's Trump riffing on how he saved suburban women, from a rally last week in Pennsylvania:

"They talk about the suburban women. And somebody said, 'I don't know if the suburban woman likes you.' I said, 'Why?' They said, 'They may not like the way you talk,' but I'm about law and order. I'm about having you safe. I'm about having your suburban communities. I don't want to build low-income housing next to your house."

"Suburban women, they should like me more than anybody here tonight because I ended the regulation that destroyed your neighborhood. I ended the regulation that brought crime to the suburbs, and you're going to live the American dream. So can I ask you to do me a favor? Suburban women, will you please like me? I saved your damn neighborhood, OK?"

He saved your damn neighborhood, ladies! From crime! And "low-income housing"! (If you are wondering, Trump is referring to his rollback of an Obama-era policy that was aimed at banning racial discrimination in housing.)

The message here is pretty simple: If you vote for Biden this fall, you will have gangs roaming your streets, "low income" housing next door to you and a dishwasher that doesn't effectively clean the dishes. Chaos will reign! Dishes will go unwashed!

Stunningly, there is very little evidence, whether anecdotal or statistical, that suggests that Trump's appeals to suburban women are working.

Among white women with college degrees -- not a perfect overlay of "suburban women" but as close as we can usually get in polling -- Biden was at 68% to Trump's 31% in a recent NPR/PBS/Marist national poll.

One woman living in the Pittsburgh suburbs and who voted for Trump in 2016 described her response to Trump's argument that Biden will "destroy" the suburbs this way to CNN's Kate Bolduan: "At the time, I laughed. It irritates me that he thinks that I and other people like me are stupid enough to believe that. It's insulting."

Yeah. That about covers it.

www.cnn.com

Analysis: Donald Trump's new message to suburban women? I fixed the dishwasher!

President Donald Trump is getting desperate. He knows he is losing the 2020 presidential election to former Vice President Joe Biden. And he knows that suburban women have fled from him in droves over the last four years -- and he needs them back (or at least some of them) if he wants to have a...

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Canada, build a giant dam across the border and block all of Trumps water.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell.

Still, I have utmost confidence in his judgment and I really do beilieve that he knows best and that his campaign managers should listen to him and only do what he says and not try to offer counter-advice. ;)

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Trump becoming increasingly pathetic and desperate. It boggles the mind why so many still support him (still, I guess stupid people are attracted to other stupid people because they don't like being looked down on by smart people).

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
This is the second time he has blathered about dumping water into the ocean to save a little fish. What environmental protection is he clearly attacking in a round about way because he and his administration are a ridiculous amalgamation of Captain Planet villains?

Lard

Dec 3, 2018
He talks so much about water pressure in such weird ways. Its getting to the point where the briefing i most would have liked to be a fly on the wall for is whenever he heard about the water pressure. I can imagine him dancing on tables and thinking this is what the proles will be excited about. Maybe the water pressure in trump tower was never any good?

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
You know what's mind-boggling? 31% of white women with a college degree still support that asshole. Almost a third. How can anyone be an educated person and see this wild crazy monster who is insulting you and think, "Yep, he's got my vote!"

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is the second time he has blathered about dumping water into the ocean to save a little fish. What environmental protection is he clearly attacking in a round about way because he and his administration are a ridiculous amalgamation of Captain Planet villains?

I'm guessing that whatever it is, in his head he wants to build pipelines from any fresh water source in Canada down to the US.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god, this is real. Our president is spending time on the campaign trail talking about water pressure in hotel rooms and new houses when many people right now can't afford a new house or even a hotel stay, and THIS is the guy the blue collar GOP rallies behind to fight elitists.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Can you imagine standing around in a crowd of 1000+ people to hear him say shit like this? Risking the health of you and your family.

Even if Biden wins this country is fucked.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
the funny thing about that second OP clip is that the audience is dead silent because what he's saying doesnt make much sense.
then he says 'the women that don't like me, actually like me a lot' which also doesnt make sense but is closer to a complete sentence so the audience cheers. lol.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
What is with this water pressure thing? He's been on about it for years and nobody seems to know what he's talking about.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
WLH6TPWKJYI6PFMZ3TKCYTNITI.jpg

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I gotta find some way to get my ballot back, I NEED to change my vote to this guy!

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's mind-boggling? 31% of white women with a college degree still support that asshole. Almost a third. How can anyone be an educated person and see this wild crazy monster who is insulting you and think, "Yep, he's got my vote!"

When my grandmother was still alive, she voted Republican, every time no matter who it was. Democrats were evil and you always voted Republican, at least to her anyways.

I also have heard people say they will vote for him because he is pro-life and will not allow people to "abort already born babies", which obviously, you cannot abort an already born baby but people really believe the evil Democrats/Liberal want to abort babies at and after 40 weeks. In reality, he probably doesn't give one crap and being pro-life or not, he just says things that will get him voters.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump becoming increasingly pathetic and desperate. It boggles the mind why so many still support him (still, I guess stupid people are attracted to other stupid people because they don't like being looked down on by smart people).
Yep. It's like a guy that was rejected but keeps making efforts to get the woman to give him another chance. It usually turns them off even more.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, like most people think about their dishwasher more than once a day in the evening.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
What is with this water pressure thing? He's been on about it for years and nobody seems to know what he's talking about.
Yeah it's pretty weird, he even talked about it when he was on some shit about toilet flushing, right?
My guess, given that he telegraphs absolutely all of his short comings through projection, is that he has trouble urinating.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
This cunt is going to steal every dish and fork in the white house whenever he finally leaves office.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
What is he even talking about? Water pressure? What? Why does he care? We all know he bathes using a rag on a stick.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It's definitely the water pressure and not the thing where he shits out radioactive cookie dough 12 times a day.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Honestly when he finally get out someone should make a list of all the bullshit he has spoken, probably could make a whole book of that shit

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I don't want to build low-income housing next to your house.

Somehow, putting the phrase "dog whistle" into an image search does not actually turn up any GIFs of literal dogs reacting to literal dog whistles, but it did turn up this:
jnPcKGB.gif

So there's that.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017