• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He fucked up hard with the Australian reporter and didn't freak out like this.

It's probably something that he and his staff realized later was too quotable, like his "I don't take any responsibility" remark. I wouldn't be surprised if during the COVID talk she talked about elderly deaths and he shot back with "old people don't matter," or "let them die, no one cares," only to realize later that was going to be a huge soundbite that would be making the rounds in these final days leading up to the election.

I'm sure to this day the "I don't take responsibility at all" soundbite is something all of them regret. It became iconic.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
SL76W7Q.png

lol @ that clearly being blank
I still can't get over how it looks like she's frightfully opening it like it's Pandora's box.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine going through all the trouble of making a fake prop book (if they didn't just grab one lying around) and not filling it with literally any filler text. They could've put anything in there.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine going through all the trouble of making a fake prop book (if they didn't just grab one lying around) and not filling it with literally any filler text. They could've put anything in there.

Kind of speaks to the uncompromising pursuit of surface level appearances with this admin. Time and time again they're willing to do this and get caught doing it as long as they get their one photo of the prop in the right context.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Trump just claimed to have "a big surprise for the 60 minutes people"... wonder what it is :|

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017

That "Qs" part at the end is going to get his base frothing.

And yeah, he's so easy to bait into doing stupid stuff. If he was actually smart, and acted early in the pandemic, he'd easily be sailing to re-election, but he just can't help but screw up at every possible opportunity. A bad interview is one thing, I'm sure previous presidents have had plenty, but he's shined such a damn spotlight it's like the Bat Signal.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird, as he wasn't this pissed off about the Swain interview, which was an absolute disaster for him. Another day of the campaign wasted.

Last edited:

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
If he was actually smart, and acted early in the pandemic, he'd easily be sailing to re-election, but he just can't help but screw up at every possible opportunity.

That's what I keep circling back on and it's just so strange. He had to basically do the bare minimum, have his George W. Bush 9/11 moment, rally the nation, take on a role of the father of the country... small token shit, and he would have EASILY won everything.

He blew it. He did.

Oct 30, 2017
This is totally because she's a woman. He did not like some uptight lady asking him mildly difficult questions. Guthrie got the same kind of gruff at the town hall last week.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, either they don't have their own footage of the interview (he would have released it already if he thought it was so good), OR, his aides are urging him not to release it, because it might make him look even worse than what 60 Minutes is going to air.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Magnificently brilliant is something. I can't deny that I have a pretty big ego and have some grandoise thoughts but I sure hope like hell I keep them in my head... my inner world as it were.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Did he put sarcasm quotes around magnificently brilliant? Why is that quoted?

At least he does recognize that his answers are long.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Kind of a sidebar but I wish pundits and journalists and everyone in between would just let Trump self-combust and not bring any awareness to him that he might change his tone.

I see people on CNN, ABC etc in bewilderment on what Trump's doing two weeks before election day and saying he should be doing this and doing that. Just shut the hell up and stop giving him any ideas on course correcting and let him destroy himself lol.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I see people on CNN, ABC etc in bewilderment on what Trump's doing two weeks before election day and saying he should be doing this and doing that. Just shut the hell up and stop giving him any ideas on course correcting and let him destroy himself lol.

Bold of you to assume he would even listen to them.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a world leader, literally any world leader calling themselves or something they did "magnificently brilliant".

Like, imagine what kind of banana republic, bullshit peddler would say something like that.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a sidebar but I wish pundits and journalists and everyone in between would just let Trump self-combust and not bring any awareness to him that he might change his tone.

I take it as it highlights how stupid he is.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
Oooofff, dude really went there with the Q signal boosting, huh? Didn't even bother with a dogwhistle either.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

How the raw 60 Minutes tape posted by Trump begins:

Stahl: You ready for tough questions?
Trump: Just be fair.
Stahl: Last time you were like bring it on.
Trump: "No, I'm not looking for that."
Stahl: "...But you're OK with some tough questions?"
Trump: "No, I'm not."