• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Also, great that there is now a banked (presumably bad) news cycle for after the debate for Trump. Well done.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The weird posting a video of her fells like one of the creepiers on the internet thing.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances that there is "extra footage" that the WH has, which is what he'll use include that is different? The WH probably sets up to record on their own equipment for these things, so they could just keep the camera in place and record a bunch of him talking to nobody to interject into what was the actual interview.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Short Odds:

Trump blatantly lies about coronavirus statistics, Lesley refuses to continue without properly correcting for public record, Trump throws a tantrum and storms off.

Medium Odds:

Trump tries to turn the conversation to Hunter Biden, Lesley points out that Trump's own family has massive scandals and public perception problems, Jared suddenly bursts through the door and shouts, "Dad, Dad! I accidentally sold New Hampshire to Bolivia!" and the interview hard cuts.

Long Odds:

Trump tries to turn the conversation to Hunter Biden, Lesley points out that Trump's own family has massive scandals and public perception problems, and in his headlong rush to defend Ivanka Trump provides a clean, unquestionable soundbite saying "Any man would be lucky to have her. I would love to be the father of more of her children"; Lesley and everyone else in the room stare in stunned silence for five solid minutes before she politely excuses herself to go cut her Pulitzer promo roll.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
so like, his people are in charge of the white house. if they wanted Stahl to wear a mask at all times, they could have made her.

acting like she just belligerently walked around the WH without a mask while people tried to stop her just makes his people look more incompetent. it doesn't seem like anyone here is concerned, why is he?

(but, it's pretty stupid to be walking around the WH without a mask. even if she has had it already).

It's a legitimate possibility that they made her remove her mask.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances that there is "extra footage" that the WH has, which is what he'll use include that is different? The WH probably sets up to record on their own equipment for these things, so they could just keep the camera in place and record a bunch of him talking to nobody to interject into what was the actual interview.
Seems far too competent for this administration. Probably just an edited down version where Stahl asked a question and they edit out her follow up to Trumps BS.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has he ever had an interview or any function at all wherein he must speak actually go well...?

You don't really need to answer this.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
He's only calling attention to it more. Now everyone will want to see it. Media is always fake and biased when they call him out.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Theory - they tried to get Leslie infected knowing she was also going to interview Biden and Harris, and cross-infect them.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
She definitely called him out on getting corona. That's why they are making a big deal about her mask.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Also, great that there is now a banked (presumably bad) news cycle for after the debate for Trump. Well done.

It's just fucking wild to think about four years ago.

The stars aligned. The media fawning all over him, Clinton's campaign mistakes, Russia, Comey. Dems staying at home. It's like everything went in his favor.

Not this time.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zoom in, its a few paperclipped pages on top of a fucking book. It's fucking nothing.
Holy shit, you're right! It's just some random hardcover book, with a couple loose pages on top of it!

l1LtI6O.png

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I thought I was excited for the World Series, but it turns out I didn't even know what excitement was.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I might be completely wrong here, being European and all, but isn't 60 minutes like untouchable when it comes to this kind of stunt?
Growing up I remember watching 60 minutes and it all seemed fair, professional and trustworthy. Even though I was young I could feel the program had credibility you know?

Like I said, I might be wrong, but the demographic for 60 minutes skews older right? What in Trump´s mind makes it ok for him to trash talk a show that one of his most important group of voters watch?

He keeps fucking up in ways that boggles the mind.
I mean look at this "meme" he posted around a week ago:

(source: https://www.ktvq.com/news/election-...meme-mocking-biden-as-a-nursing-home-resident)
Does he even realize he himself is a senior, and dependent on the senior vote!?

Trump really is a train wreck that just keeps going even though it derailed years ago. For the US and the rest of the world I hope that he loses.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I might be completely wrong here, being European and all, but isn't 60 minutes like untouchable when it comes to this kind of stunt?
Growing up I remember watching 60 minutes and it all seemed fair, professional and trustworthy. Even though I was young I could feel the program had credibility you know?

Like I said, I might be wrong, but the demographic for 60 minutes skews older right? What in Trump´s mind makes it ok for him to trash talk a show that one of his most important group of voters watch?

He keeps fucking up in ways that boggles the mind.
I mean look at this "meme" he posted around a week ago:

(source: https://www.ktvq.com/news/election-...meme-mocking-biden-as-a-nursing-home-resident)
Does he even realize he himself is a senior, and dependent on the senior vote!?

Trump really is a train wreck that just keeps going even though it derailed years ago. For the US and the rest of the world I hope that he loses.

He's trashing it because he probably looks like a idiot and he's trying to get ahead of it.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
60 Minutes is like the most non-partisan interview program on TV. A tantrum there is literally the worst possible place to do it. On MSNBC, right-leaners might just blame the partisan interviewer. On Fox, the viewers are already partisans in the tank for you. 60 Minutes is exactly the show that older voters watch and adore. They won't blame Stahl for being a bad interviewer at all.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
60 Minutes is like the most non-partisan interview program on TV. A tantrum there is literally the worst possible place to do it. On MSNBC, right-leaners might just blame the partisan interviewer. On Fox, the viewers are already partisans in the tank for you. 60 Minutes is exactly the show that older voters watch and adore. They won't blame Stahl for being a bad interviewer at all.
lol yep. Of course Fox and his MAGAts will scream fake news, but, the people he actually needs to win over, you know seniors and moderates, this is not going to do him any favors with.

I would almost believe self-sabotage at this point, but I know better, it's just that this is who Trump is.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing just how catastrophic all of his interviews outside of his MAGA safe space are.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

60 Minutes had done a ton of shady, questionable shit but nothing I remember Stahl being involved with, and nothing to the extent you'd take Trump's word over theirs.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I see, I might read up on some of the shady stuff.
Can´t out-shady Trump though I bet, like you said.

Yeah the big one most people will probably remember on this forum is they got this absolute crank on for an interview where he claimed he was doing John Wick shit during Benghazi and once everyone found out he was lying they had to issue a correction.

That said, there's no reason to doubt they have an absolutely embarrassing interview of Trump in the can right now.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
If his healthcare plan is so big and great why doesnt he share it with everyone? Isnt he running for re-election? People are so fucking stupid.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
This is great advertising campaign for the 60 Minutes interview. Can't say I normally watch the show, but I will for this. Thanks, Trump.