• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Because obviously they're the exact same thing.

Politico said:
Donald Trump is planning to restart rallies in the next two weeks in a major turning point for the president since the coronavirus shut down traditional campaigning.

Trump's advisers are still determining where the rallies will take place and what safety measures will be implemented, depending on the type of venue chosen. Campaign manager Brad Parscale is expected to present Trump with possibilities within the next few days.

"Americans are ready to get back to action and so is President Trump. The great American comeback is real and the rallies will be tremendous," Parscale said in a statement. "You'll again see the kind of crowds and enthusiasm that sleepy Joe Biden can only dream of."

While Trump is likely to face blowback for resuming in-person events while the coronavirus pandemic is still ravaging the country, his advisers contend that the recent massive protests in metropolitan areas will make it harder for liberals to criticize him.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"If people can gather to protest police brutality and white supremacy, why can't I have my rallies to support police brutality and white supremacy?"

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do it. I mean, only his followers are at risk. I hope they stay in very close proximity for hours.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
If the current protests are still going strong when these start up, it's hard to imagine these Trump rallies not effectively functioning as counter-protests, and shit getting real ugly when crowds of his goons run into BLM protestors.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I am sorry for the innocent folk they will infect in the name of demagoguery.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I honestly don't see the difference between a group of unemployed, marginalized protesters, and the leader of the most powerful country on earth, who has hundreds of millions of dollars available specifically for spreading his campaign message, as well as access to said country's entire media apparatus, which faithfully amplifies his every thought.

Wait, I see it now.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
If the current protests are still going strong when these start up, it's hard to imagine these Trump rallies not effectively functioning as counter-protests, and shit getting real ugly when crowds of his goons run into BLM protestors.

Trump rallies are security circuses. They had one down here couple months back and they had road blocks with police check points setup for blocks away from the rally location. The protesters would not be able to get very close probably

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Lol the fucker needs a morale pick-me-up after watching people yell at him to go fuck himself outside the White House for the past 2 weeks.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, maybe it will increase his odds of catching the virus. I know this comes at a cost, because his cultists are also overexposing themselves which will in turn effect people who aren't a part of this. But maybe he catches this thing from the close proximity with folks and traveling. That's the only silver lining I see.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Rallies restricted where they can even be, including key swing states, where he'll inevitably say loads more stupid and heinous shit that'll further tank his response to the two crises, and cause likely several outbreaks of COVID right among his followers.
Smart.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Attack ads literally write themselves, by all means proceed.

How many more own goals can he score before November?

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

This is a fair concern, but there's a good chance that there will be geographic separation. The rallies have been moving deeper into Red territory, where the protests have been sparser, to say the least.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Guess the type that attend MAGA rallies:

Ryan Knutson @Ryan_Knutson

NBC/WSJ poll finds that people who wear masks are likely to support Biden. Those who don't wear masks are likely to support Trump. https://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-are-more-troubled-by-police-actions-in-killing-of-george-floyd-than-by-violence-at-protests-poll-finds-11591534801

71caEFj.png

9:12 AM - Jun 7, 2020

Oct 25, 2017
The only part I'm curious about is what if any precautions they'll take to protect Trump himself; sticking him in a crowded indoor space with hollering sycophants trained that mask wearing is cowardice for an hour or two seems like... a pretty big aggregate infection risk for him?

I guess they could just make sure to have a wider band of empty space around his podium.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Fuck it, maybe it will increase his odds of catching the virus. I know this comes at a cost, because his cultists are also overexposing themselves which will in turn effect people who aren't a part of this. But maybe he catches this thing from the close proximity with folks and traveling. That's the only silver lining I see.
As an evil man, he would likely survive the virus—and then simultaneously brag about how strong his immune system is and use it as "proof" the whole thing is overblown.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was not surprising at all, including the justification.

Problem is, these idiots are going to go out there without masks and crowd into rooms - which is a different story than a bunch of folks outside, mostly with masks on, protesting.

Sigh. This whole thing sucks.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Trump is too scared to do them. #bubbleboy if he does.

Can you imagine him getting within two feet of voters. Might be some hilarious clips seeing him recoil and keeping his distance like a big man though.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I think Trump is too scared to do them. #bubbleboy if he does.

Can you imagine him getting within two feet of voters. Might be some hilarious clips seeing him recoil and keeping his distance like a big man though.
Oh man how I'd love to him inside some kind of pope mobile contraption.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the impulse for people to protest at these rallies, but please reconsider if you plan to do so. Those things'll be viral hotboxes.