• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what did he say regarding an EU travel ban?
30-day total travel ban.

Worth noting: it's not just the EU. It's all of Europe, excluding the UK.

honestly this ban is in place because most euro countries would be crazy NOT to ban US travelers in about a week. It's optics as always.
That's a good point. US testing numbers are low enough that it seems quite likely that once testing really kicks off, the US will turn out to have a higher infection rate than Europe. Other countries banning travel from the US seems likely (and sensible).

Trump is due to meet Ireland's PM tomorrow. This will be... awkward, to put it mildly.
I think there's a non-zero chance Ireland get an exemption as well. There's a reasonably strong Irish lobby within the US, and there's a free travel area between Ireland and the UK that makes any kind of ban on Irish travel to the US pretty difficult to enforce. It'd also make this move look less political, and right now it is so self-evidently political that it might be useful for the administration to find some kind of cover.

Is it only UK citizens or just any flight in the UK that is allowed? Couldn't anyone still fly if they just went over from another EU country to the UK? If so that could mean people start mass migrating into the UK to fly out to the US, causing more cross contamination.
I imagine US immigration will be able to see whether someone travelling from the UK has taken a connecting flight from Europe.

I also think it's very unlikely that significant amounts of Europeans will be desperate enough to get to the USA that they risk this kind of thing.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I think there's a non-zero chance Ireland get an exemption as well. There's a reasonably strong Irish lobby within the US, and there's a free travel area between Ireland and the UK that makes any kind of ban on Irish travel to the US pretty difficult to enforce. It'd also make this move look less political, and right now it is so self-evidently political that it might be useful for the administration to find some kind of cover.

Ireland's also an island like the UK, so more manageable from a border situation than mainland Europe.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I read something somewhere that "he plans to provide economic relief for people too sick to earn a paycheck"?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Two reasons:
1. He's extremely obese. Like 300+ lbs.
2. According to Apprentice staffers he snorts adderall. One of the side effects of too much adderall is shortness of breath

Amazing he has an appetite to keep up with being that obese if he's taking uppers.

Being 73 on top of it all is probably another factor for him being out of wind.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Amazing he has an appetite to keep up with being that obese if he's taking uppers.

Being 73 on top of it all is probably another factor for him being out of wind.
As somebody who used to take a high dosage of adderall I can confirm that it is not conducive to having a big appetite. I had to force myself to eat.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Well he met Bolsonaro who met a Brazilian government guy that got Coronavirus. Can I hope for the absolute best?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
As somebody who used to take a high dosage of adderall I can confirm that it is not conducive to having a big appetite. I had to force myself to eat.

Did them recreationally in Vegas. We went to an amazing steak place.

I didn't even finish the appetizer. Literally no drive to eat. That appetite suppression is no joke.
The travel ban included CARGO?

They walked that back. Just people. Few posts pages back.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I mean, less awful to not ban cargo then. I was watching Bloomberg and didn't get clarification because of so many breaking news interruptions. The market reaction in Asia was quite prompt in that everything took another tumble. And what's more, other regions fighting the Coronavirus pandemic are unaffected so... huh? Jackass.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I think he only does it sometimes. The rebounds explain why he wanders off in sentence.

I took Adderall a few times recreationally when I was 25 years old and I felt like death afterward. I don't know how at 300+ pounds and 73 years old that the man is still alive. I think stimulants are a young person's game.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Will he shit himself or just embarrass himself the usual amount?

Update: He shit himself.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I'm imagining going back in time and telling 2010 me that in a decade there's going to be a global pandemic and our president Donald Trump is going to be in charge of addressing it.

I'd be laughed at.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Benjy Sarlin @BenjySarlin

The point of the speech was supposedly to calm markets and the most consequential economic policy announced was... by mistake? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237924658185469954 …

10:16 PM - Mar 11, 2020

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Hoping to get the payroll tax cut approved by both Republicans and Democrats, and please remember, very important for all countries & businesses to know that trade will in no way be affected by the 30-day restriction on travel from Europe. The restriction stops people not goods.

10:13 PM - Mar 11, 2020

Ana Swanson @AnaSwanson

The White House clarifies the president's Europe travel ban "only applies to human beings, not goods and cargo. It tracks very similar to the proclamation issued for China.

The people transporting goods will not be admitted into the country, but the goods will be."

This was the president's statement tonight:

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval"​

10:01 PM - Mar 11, 2020

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I remember mocking people for believing China was providing anywhere close to the real numbers....then America turned around and behaved 10x worse

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking disaster that was tonight. From the hot mic to the entirely wrong message to making a mistake about cargo and person travel to trump looking nervous as hell.

completely incompetent. Desperately need an adult in the shire house

err White House

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can only hope this presidency completely destroys him by the time he's finally out of the white house.

If anyone deserves this kind of stress, its this monster.
If he survives his presidency and doesn't go to jail, I want to see him instantly degrade into a skeleton and burst into a cloud of ashes as he leaves the job and the years catch up to him.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
This is a great time to have the dumbest motherfucker on the planet running things. I fear for our health.