• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed this today with all the other stuff going on, figured other people did as well. Saw it in one of these Sarah Cooper tweets:

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard Trump say, and this is the man who suggested injecting bleach. Other countries are doing more testing than us per capita, they just are coming back negative because they are handling the virus better.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Can I get this gibberish in written form so I can send it to my colleagues before we test even more people?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed this today with all the other stuff going on, figured other people did as well. Saw it in one of these Sarah Cooper tweets:

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard Trump say, and this is the man who suggested injecting bleach. Other countries are doing more testing than us per capita, they just are coming back negative because they are handling the virus better.

didnt you hear that it is just a joke that trump made? he was just foolin around /s

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalization
It makes sense if you have the mental capacity of a five year old, or an American.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
What a world that i see news about some dumb shit trump said through a video like the one in the OP.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would ask if the President is familiar with concepts like causality and object permanence, but I think we all know the answers.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I like that this Sarah Cooper person makes it easier to digest insanity. Thank you, Coop!

Oct 28, 2017
WigglyLinedCollardlizard.gif

Oct 31, 2017
He's just increasingly more unhinged. Yeah OP, this is definitely pretty insane of him even for his typical insanity. Just like recently suggesting having UV light enter the body and injecting disinfectants to kill the virus.

I just wonder what more insanity awaits us. And, if Biden wins the election like he most likely (in theory based on polls & '18 Dem turnout) will, what will we see from him in the lame duck period...

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it has to be really hard to be the best at everything. Thoughts and prayers.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

She nailed that! Easiest follow!

trump won't shit on my Friday so lol

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump also said testing was "overrated" yesterday, I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's actually of the opinion that testing generates Coronavirus, he just is of the opinion that because the United States tests it's detecting more of its Coronavirus victims than other countries. WHich is bullshit. But isn't the same thing as "Testing creates cases". He just has the stupid fucking habit of dropping important words because he doesn't have a very good you know what. I can't tell but it feels like people in this thread actually think he thinks testing causes coronavirus. Maybe I'm misreading the room, though.

It'd be handy if he actually spoke fucking clearly though so that we wouldn't have to fucking puzzle over his actual god damn meaning.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I mean, this is sort of true in the sense that the exact reverse is actually true - our official numbers were far lower than the actual numbers because our testing was so low, and they're STILL lower than reality because we're not testing enough.

Which goes to the root of the problem here - we DON'T have the most tests, because testing per capita is the testing statistic that actually matters and we're absolutely lagging. AND our response is so bad that it's so widespread that we need significantly higher testing per capita than other countries just to begin to catch up to understanding the actual impact, so even having the most tests isn't enough ANYWAY. Many other countries have scaled down their epidemics enough to not necessitate the same level of testing as us (which again we've still not met).

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So, this is an admission that the limited testing between January and March was an conscious effort to keep confirmed case numbers down as the virus spread?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he's actually of the opinion that testing generates Coronavirus, he just is of the opinion that because the United States tests it's detecting more of its Coronavirus victims than other countries. WHich is bullshit. But isn't the same thing as "Testing creates cases". He just has the stupid fucking habit of dropping important words because he doesn't have a very good you know what. I can't tell but it feels like people in this thread actually think he thinks testing causes coronavirus. Maybe I'm misreading the room, though.

It'd be handy if he actually spoke fucking clearly though so that we wouldn't have to fucking puzzle over his actual god damn meaning.
Wait, people think he's saying the former? I didn't get that at all. But it's disgraced & impeached Trump, fucker never makes sense anyway lol

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people think he's saying the former? I didn't get that at all. But it's disgraced & impeached Trump, fucker never makes sense anyway lol
I don't know. I can't tell. I could be 100% wrong that people are getting that impression. It's very fucking ambiguous lol. It's just Trump being somewhat unclear in his typical bad wording and then people going "He's the dumbest motherfucker alive" and I'm not sure which kind of dumb they're inferring.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he's actually of the opinion that testing generates Coronavirus

THat's not what I think he thinks. I think he thinks that having more confirmed cases means you have done more testing, because he can't draw any correlation between the numbers. Like it's incomprehensible to him that another country might do more testing, and more of those tests come back negative than ours.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THat's not what I think he thinks. I think he thinks that having more confirmed cases means you have done more testing, because he can't draw any correlation between the numbers. Like it's incomprehensible to him that another country might do more testing, and more of those tests come back negative than ours.
^^

Oct 28, 2017
That's my read too, he's too dumb (and evil) to realize he's celebrating death.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I think he thinks the higher the numbers of confirmed, the more it hurts him in the upcoming election. That's all he gives a shit about.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

...I don't think anyone thinks the thing you're questioning about.

I do think he is:
1. Against the idea of actually testing more because it would look bad.
2. Despite that, claiming that we've tested more than other countries even when that isn't really true, nor should it be a thing he's using to position the US as being superior.
3. Maybe just basing that on a higher case count, as Krejlooc said.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
My state in Australia is one of the highest if not highest testers per capita in the world. We have had 1 case in the last 22 days. Are we losing or winning?

Virusgate!! GATE!!!

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

He is obviously implying that if he had his there wouldn't be any testing and things would br business as usual.

Like Reagan, like Trump.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
"We have the most death through firearms because we have the most firearms per Citizen. USA! USA!"

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My bad. Yes, I agree. He's literally just trying to frame testing as bad because... he thinks it making the US look bad, and him along with it. I don't know whether he actually thinks the US tests more. I feel like he knows that's horseshit but his base will eat it up. Whether or not he even believes it is besides the point. It's not true.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
User banned (3 days): Ableism
I'm not American but every time I listen to him talking he always sounds retarded to me. He keeps repeating what he said, can't come out a full sentence without stuttering, and always uses the most basic words. I bet any 12 grades have a larger vocabulary than him.
And to think he is the president of the USA...

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
This dude is the absolute worst. He is responsible for the deaths of so many. His framing of this pandemic through toxic masculinity is something else from wanting to appear strong by not testing /hiding statistics to not wearing a mask because it makes him look weak. What load of garbage

Apr 25, 2020
you have the most testing in the world, which means you have the most cases in the world, because the most testing in the world is finding the most positive cases of Coronavirus in the world.

What a dipshit.