• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
If any steps are taken to execute Trump's revenge list, everyone involved should be brought up on War Crimes from US law.

I really do agree but the U.S. is immune from the ICC and Hague.

The U.S. passed a law in 2002 that enables U.S. forces to unilaterally invade peaceful Holland if any U.S. soldier, including the CiC, happened to be arrested and charged there for war crimes.

Also in 1955 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that any U.S. military member could not be charged overseas for war crimes if the crime itself is not "detected" until after it has occurred.

The U.S. has committed so many flagrant violations of International Law that it is virtually meaningless when it occurs in the new Era of Forever War. The failure even for wider convictions back in '69 for My Lai is shocking and frankly disgusting. Most people aren't even aware that My Lai wasn't some one off incident, there were hundreds of 'My Lai' level incidents in that war.

The U.S. Military Courts do try their own and have, but then we have Trump who will pardon killers too.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
It's not a great counter argument against joining the military. Two minimum wage jobs doesn't pull the poor out of their situation. They still can barely afford housing, medical for themselves or dependents, or school.

Not committing war crimes or aiding and abetting in war crimes is a pretty good reason to not join a military prone to war crimes.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
It's not a great counter argument against joining the military. Two minimum wage jobs doesn't pull the poor out of their situation. They still can barely afford housing, medical for themselves or dependents, or school.
That's no excuse to join an institution that you know is evil. What are you even saying? There's more important things in this world than taking the most convenient path to the benefits you describe. It might take a little longer, but getting a regular job leaves you with the peace of mind that you aren't enlisted in an institution that exists for the express purpose of oppressing non-white nations and enforcing American imperialism.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
As far as the military goes, we all understand that people are often hemmed in to make choices that they wouldn't make otherwise.

However, at a base level, no matter the circumstances, a decision to join the military for financial reasons is at a base level prioritization of my financial well-being over the well-being of people I may be called upon to kill or aid in the killing of.

Is it understandable? Sure.
Is it morally defensible? Not really.

I do not pretend to know what I'd do in that position but I think it's perfectly reasonable to find that decision morally questionable.

As far as protests go. There are a ton of people doing that already but if you think it actually changes the calculus on this consider the fact that sparsely populated states like Alaska and Montana have as much influence on him being found guilty as California and New York.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

President Trump's tweeted threat to target sites that are "important to Iran & the Iranian culture" caught many in his administration off-guard, a U.S. national security official says. Attacking cultural sites is a war crime under an international treaty.

What happens when you let Stephen Miller and other zealots coordinate with Trump and hand them all the bully pulpit of the presidency.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

What happens when you let Stephen Miller and other zealots coordinate with Trump and hand them all the bully pulpit of the presidency.

How many of them would push back or refuse order if ordered to strike cultural sites within or outside of Iran?

Flip side is that no one would hold them accountable with this President around. If they even tried these officials would be pardoned like that ex-SEAL.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is so idiotic it's hard to even think about. Ignoring the war crimes part, ignoring the fact that that would literally be word for word an act of terrorism, being responsible for destroying a cultural site would fuel all of islam in the middle east to move against the U.S.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is so idiotic it's hard to even think about. Ignoring the war crimes part, ignoring the fact that that would literally be word for word an act of terrorism, being responsible for destroying a cultural site would fuel all of islam in the middle east to move against the U.S.

I honestly think since Trump took office he has been hoping for an attack at home so he could round them up etc. They want hate to fuel their disgusting agenda but haven't had anything big enough to go absolutely nuts, migrants in cages aside.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The US government just tweeted out a guarantee of war crimes in retaliation to military strikes. We are Israel without feigning self defense.

Don't slander all military personnel. This was undoubtedly way above most of their heads

The Pentagon should have known better than to present this as an option. If they didn't know better, we're more screwed that any of us had hoped.

Just a reminder that 20 Republican Senators could make this stop at any point, if they really wanted to.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think since Trump took office he has been hoping for an attack at home so he could round them up etc. They want hate to fuel their disgusting agenda but haven't had anything big enough to go absolutely nuts, migrants in cages aside.
I absolutely know that he's been looking for a 9/11, but practically asking for it like this is not going to end the way he thinks.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There'd be a high increase of demonstrations against the middle east in counties where there isn't high oppression of such demonstrations, and then you factor in Shia vs Sunni sentiments and sadly I wouldn't see large amount of governments doing much

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There'd be a high increase of demonstrations against the middle east in counties where there isn't high oppression of such demonstrations, and then you factor in Shia vs Sunni sentiments and sadly I wouldn't see large amount of governments doing much
I'm not talking about governments here. You'd see new millitias and Al Qaeda and Isis (Yes, I know they're on different sectarian axis's but nothing is as unifying as the U.S. fucking around) resurgence.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): advocating violence
This very well may get me banned, but I would love to see Trump get assassinated.

Nov 13, 2017
This very well may get me banned, but I would love to see Trump get assassinated.

I mean, people may get what they want actually.

According to the 'Trash Mail' which for obvious reasons, can't be posted on here. But their headline is amusing.

"Iran puts an $80m BOUNTY on Donald Trump's head, threatens to attack the White House, tears up nuclear deal and calls the US president a 'terrorist in a suit' amid fury at killing of Soleimani"

Granted it is Daily Mail trash and its probably not true, but hey ho.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Traitors? Enemies of the United States?

I have more words, but mods would ban me. Republicans are simply unhinged. They are not pro-United States. They do not give 2 shits about the United States. They are simply Pro-Trump and that makes Republicans dangerous.
It's the culture of confirmation bias. Stupid people would rather the world burn then admit they voted for the wrong guy

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
You don't want Trump getting assassinated. Or you shouldn't, anyway. The ramifications would be dire for whatever nation orchestrated it.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
That's something a fucking comic book villain says, and he actually goes on Twitter and god damn monologues it. Holy shit..
Is this reality?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

One thing that is clearly "both-sides" is how the rightwing hardliners in both the USA and Iran are loving the conflict. Both hated the nuke deal, both speak and act on in terms of pure unadulterated tribal threats and devastation.And naturally both use and abuse religion to rile up the masses and stoke nationalistic and patriotic and religious tribal fires throughout. So young men, women, and entire families can go become sacrifices to the authoritarian assholes in power.

A tale as old as time tbh. Just now extremely more terrifying considering the existential crisis America finds itself in other matters. And Iran is not having anything close to a decent time as well. Not to speak of the greater global conflagration happening, metaphorically and literally.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps calling for his assassination is too much, but I'm just honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet, or an attempt at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
That's no excuse to join an institution that you know is evil. What are you even saying? There's more important things in this world than taking the most convenient path to the benefits you describe. It might take a little longer, but getting a regular job leaves you with the peace of mind that you aren't enlisted in an institution that exists for the express purpose of oppressing non-white nations and enforcing American imperialism.

Needlessly suffer because some well off middle class dude on the internet has cast judgement on you for taking the most "convenient" path to secure a better life for yourself and your family in a country that does not provide much opportunity for such.

Again, not a good counter-argument. Yea America imperialism sucks, I don't even fucking like this country I'm not here by choice. I'm here because a bunch of racist white people dragged my people against their will to this country and murdered, burned, raped, took away every opportunity we created for ourselves to improve our station in life.

If you want people to stop joining the military give them opportunities so they don't feel like military is their only real option. Once again you lot are aiming your e-Swords at the wrong people.

And without these folks voluntarily joining the MIC for whatever reason they do, guess what the alternative becomes? Forced service.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You basically asking for war.

Do you mean Civil, or with a foreign country or countries? Because we're well on the way to one of those already. Ignoring the ones we haven't really "finished up".

I think the most realistic Best Case Scenario is him dying of a heart attack in bed. Pence won't be able to carry his cult of personality.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Needlessly suffer because some well off middle class dude on the internet has cast judgement on you for taking the most "convenient" path to secure a better life for yourself and your family in a country that does not provide much opportunity for such.

Again, not a good counter-argument. Yea America imperialism sucks, I don't even fucking like this country I'm not here by choice. I'm here because a bunch of racist white people dragged my people against their will to this country and murdered, burned, raped, took away every opportunity we created for ourselves to improve our station in life.

If you want people to stop joining the military give them opportunities so they don't feel like military is their only real option. Once again you lot are aiming your e-Swords at the wrong people.

And without these folks voluntarily joining the MIC for whatever reason they do, guess what the alternative becomes? Forced service.

I don't know what else to say, because this is such an appallingly cynical way of thinking. If everyone thought as you di, nothing would change. I'm a descendant of American slaves, as well, and I don't think it's appropriate to invoke our ancestors' suffering in the defense of a purely selfish reason to join the military. Acting as if there are no other opportunities to improve ones station, no other avenues for upward mobility that may take slightly longer to travel, is absurdly shortsighted. I shouldn't have to "give them opportunities" to dissuade their enlistment. Knowing that our military has committed atrocities against millions of non-white innocents that continue to this day should be all the motivation one requires to not join it.