• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
China, Russia and Iran begin joint naval drills:

Looks like Iran has some very powerful allies all prepping for war. My huge Trumper brother now believes that we will almost certainly be going to war.
I feel the need to clarify that was a week ago, not in reaction to the past few days.

But yeah, all the "my dad could beat your dad" pro-war wankers (including here) should understand that this is a prospect absolutely no one should look forward to.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is sounding more like a terrorist leader each day. I fail to see how his discourse is that different from Isis or Al-Qaeda. And I'm not worried about a war between military forces, I'm worried about the generations that will again grow hating western culture and people and the inevitable terrorist attacks that will follow, not only on american soil.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
US president commits or threatens to commit war crimes... Nothing new under the sun.
Destroying cultural heritage seems like a step up from the usual illegal killings or torture.

The US is basically threatening to do what ISIS did in palmyra or other places.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As I said before, Trump is only helping Iran's regime these days.
He shows a new face of US government that Iran's regime always wanted to make propaganda about it in these 40 years but couldn't. And now Trump is doing that for them easily, with things like those sanctions and this threats.

How is this a new face? It's the same old face with a little less concealer.

Oct 26, 2017
First Trump assassinates a high-ranking foreign official at a commercial international airport on foreign soil and now and he's threatening to take out cultural sites and has a list of revenge targets. Our President is officially engaged in terrorism. If any steps are taken to execute Trump's revenge list, everyone involved should be brought up on War Crimes from US law.

Btw, it's completely unfair to be blaming the average military service member for our foreign policy. In terms of supporting the military industrial complex, going by your logic you as a civilian have just as much blood on your hands. How do you think we've been able to get in all these foreign entanglements the last 40 years? It's because Congress over the last half century has steadily given the President unchecked power when it comes to utilizing the military.

Sure you'll have a few Congressmen and Senators chest thump and complain the President didn't brief them or request authorization. But every time there has been an actual vote or legislation to revoke some of the President's war-making powers, Congress shrivels up. They either maintain the status quo or give the President even more power to start wars. This applies to both Democratic and Republican Congressmen, but do I see you calling/protesting your local representative for the President violating the War Powers Resolution, which Congress refuses to enforce? Or even bigger repeal the AUMF which has given Presidents since 9/11 unrestrained/unchecked power to launch strikes and put soldiers on foreign soil?

Getting your Congressmen to repeal the AUMF and to enforce the War Powers Resolution would do waaay more to slow-down the military industrial complex than Lil' Johnny joining the Army for school and & health benefits. But the severe lack of civics education is also one of the major problems we face.. Stop scapegoating military service members and instead beatdown the door of your local and state representative. That would be far more effective.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"A military response on military sites" but also not seeking war.
So what are they gonna call it? Some "friendly military competing"?

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Before anything further happens, it's a good reminder that following orders is not a valid excuse when it comes to war crimes.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
"A military response on military sites" but also not seeking war.
So what are they gonna call it? Some "friendly military competing"?

They have 5o respond and they 100 percent will, but they also have to emphasize that they do not want war even though we are at war. Whomever first admits that we are at war is more than likely the defacto declarer of the war, they certainly don't want to be viewed as declaring war even though 5hey would be striking back.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Edit: And the fact of the matter is, your common serviceman stationed on base, be it armed or not, doesn't give a damn about introspection as long as they get that stability in life the military exploits/provides.

You're acting as if rank and file military don't care about anything except economic stability. They actually do. They care about their country more than foreigners. Lacking introspection to think about foreigners doesn't mean they lack the ability to care about something.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Before anything further happens, it's a good reminder that following orders is not a valid excuse when it comes to war crimes.
Who cares about committing war crimes when the president will just pardon you and land you a gig hocking conservative propaganda?

It's all just so exhausting... I can't wait till November and I can't deal with the stress of election night. I hope he gets removed before he gets us deep in another war. But it seems like he's trying to escalate this as fast as he can.
Do you anticipate a peaceful changing of administrations should Trump lose?

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Should the cook at the decaf over in Nevada be held responsible as well?
What about the sec forces guy who scanned the RQ-9s pilot ID at the gate?

what about the landlord to the pilot.

the thing is y'all have no fucking idea about reality.
tje reality is:
TRUMP and his circle, Fox News, and conservatives are to blame.
Not the assorted ranks in the military that are stationed all across the world.
There are currently what, like 100,000 troops around ME and Europe?
There's like a million more not there
Theres not one reality.

Theres the US's reality, where people like you say its understandable that your poor can be exploited and eventually ordered to kill third world people that suffer levels of misery and poverty one has a hard time imagine, just so they might further improve their lot in life.

And theres the reality of the third world, where you must silently tolerate having your wedding bombed. Please dont seek revenge.

Ah but theyre just kids following orders, BM. They cant risk being court-martialed for not following monstrous orders, better to execute them.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
The US is the biggest terrorist organization on Earth.
Truly no lies detected. The amount of interference and manipulation of world politics carried out by America in the last century has been insane. Violent manipulation. Assassinations, arming groups that end up becoming America's enemies like the taliban and so on. Truly the new world empire they would like to believe, taking the reigns over from how the UK operated. Russia and China are only now muscling in on the act with the same vigour.

World peace could actually be feasible were it not for everyone fighting over power and money.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The sad part is this is how us foreign policy has been forever. Just not posted on twitter. Usa pushes around whoever they feel like and bombs and assassinates whatever they feel like. The media simply follows the narrative or doesnt pick it up.

Trump is merely making it known to the people how much he loves doing business as usual

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I mean is anyone surprised. There is long history of the US, UK and others fucking up the world illegally that echoes through to this day. It doesn't give bad people a pass but there is shit stirring to ridiculous degrees that has screwed the world and they did it for money and power not freedom, if anything places have regressed which is a really sad point.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I mean is anyone surprised. There is long history of the US, UK and others fucking up the world illegally that echoes through to this day. It doesn't give bad people a pass but there is shit stirring to ridiculous degrees that has screwed the world and they did it for money and power not freedom, if anything places have regressed which is a really sad point.
I mean Iran is literally the best example of the US basically permanently screwing up a country due to greed. If the US didn't decide to overthrow a democratically elected leader due to oil, Iran likely wouldn't have become a theocracy.

Jan 18, 2018
Truly no lies detected. The amount of interference and manipulation of world politics carried out by America in the last century has been insane. Violent manipulation. Assassinations, arming groups that end up becoming America's enemies like the taliban and so on. Truly the new world empire they would like to believe, taking the reigns over from how the UK operated. Russia and China are only now muscling in on the act with the same vigour.

World peace could actually be feasible were it not for everyone fighting over power and money.

Africa comes to mind.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Can they please remove this lunatic before he seriously starts something that no one can stop.

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Same type of benefits can be obtained without becoming a stormtrooper in the evil empire. That kind of argument has currency over half a century ago, when the military seemed to be fighting to stave off the rise of fascism (though, even during that time, black people like me were subjected to a different kind of fascism with the enforcement of Jim Crow). Now, the U.S. military purely exists to suppress the rise of any non-white nation that dares to reject its hegemony and exercise her sovereign right to thrive in a free world.
Spoken like a true asshole who thinks getting out of poverty is just a matter of finding another job. You can't be serious with this bullshit. The majority of the people in the military aren't fucking storm troopers, they're people who joined up to get away from the economic reality in this country- America isn't the land of opportunity any more. The millennial generation is the first that won't be better off than their parents because there aren't opportunities out there and he can't afford to go to school because it's prohibitively expensive. So I won't blame a kid who enlists to get money for college because he has no opportunities. And acting like it's as simple as finding a different job of that these kids that join up to make their lives better are evil is fucking disgusting. You don't know shit.

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How is this a new face? It's the same old face with a little less concealer.
You're somehow right and US did much worse things before, like Operation Ajax in 1953, helping Iraq in war with Iran and Flight 655, but those were for years ago and there are lots of people from new generations that think US government is an angel who wants to help people of Iran and save them from regime!
After new sanctions and now these incidents and tweets of Trump, these thoughts are becoming less than before. Even someone like me who didn't see US as a savior but thought we should negotiate with them even with an idiot like Trump, now sees that a dead end and can't disagree with regime about US anymore.
And that's a sad thing for me. I hate Iran's regime, but now I have a common thing with them and it makes me sad. It's a complicated thing and can't describe it easily for people who don't live in a country like Iran.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Should the cook at the decaf over in Nevada be held responsible as well?
What about the sec forces guy who scanned the RQ-9s pilot ID at the gate?

what about the landlord to the pilot.

the thing is y'all have no fucking idea about reality.
tje reality is:
TRUMP and his circle, Fox News, and conservatives are to blame.
Not the assorted ranks in the military that are stationed all across the world.
There are currently what, like 100,000 troops around ME and Europe?
There's like a million more not there
Exactly. Wtf is wrong with you people taking away responsibility from the people at the top?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
As I said before, Trump is only helping Iran's regime these days.
He shows a new face of US government that Iran's regime always wanted to make propaganda about it in these 40 years but couldn't. And now Trump is doing that for them easily, with things like those sanctions and this threats.
That's the part that scares me the most. Trump is everything that conservatives feared Obama was going to be but they're embracing it. Trump tore up the Iran desk that helped keep this entire deal in check because he believes that every nation on earth will cower when it comes to us and that's not the case. He just gave a face to the kind of country places like Iran think we are and it's going to reverberate for generations.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
He has to have surrounded himself with true believers. Anyone with a soul would probably draw their service pistol on this man before he pushes us off the edge just to save his ass.