• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
makes sense. Realistically, he owns this shutdown just as much as Trump at this point, perhaps even more. If he were the adult in the room, he'd have ended this a long time ago. Dems need to put just as much pressure/spotlight on him and don't just let him recede into the background while Trump gobbles up all the attention. It's not just him at this point.

Super unlikely to be the case, but I honestly wonder how the USA would react if McConnel came forward and said, "It was *I* who wrote the NYT Op-Ed about being a hidden rebel in the Whitehouse!"

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not necessarily. People disagree about the curvature of the earth but that doesn't imply there's a useful discussion to be had about it.
There absolutely is a useful discussion to be had, maybe not specifically with flat earthers, but at least using that as a framing device to understand why it's jmpossible.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
There absolutely is a useful discussion to be had, maybe not specifically with flat earthers, but at least using that as a framing device to understand why it's jmpossible.

Great, let's you and me have a discussion about why the people who think the Democrats are to blame are stupid

I say it's because they're either deeply ignorant or acting in bad faith

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great, let's you and me have a discussion about why the people who think the Democrats are to blame are stupid

I say it's because they're either deeply ignorant or acting in bad faith

I believe it's because they're ignorant, which is why I engage them in discussion when I can.

To think that every dissenting argument in this thread is "bad faith" is egotistical.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's because they're ignorant, which is why I engage them in discussion when I can.

To think that every dissenting argument in this thread is "bad faith" is egotistical.

I agree. A lot of them are just morons.

The question to ask, though, is, at what point are you choosing to act like a moron?

A lot of people claimed to be too stupid to understand that Trump was racist after they voted for him. Some of them maybe were telling the truth, although typically people that stupid aren't aware of it. But do you really think every one of them was actually that dumb, given that saying you're that dumb is a guaranteed indulgence from your progressive relatives?

I sometimes have doubts that people are really as dumb as they say they are when being dumb is the best defense they have.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What if they accept a deal for a wall, just don't say what wall, step 2 make a wall around trump golf track, step 3 enjoy the peace

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If Jared is already doing damage control we can't be too far from Ivanka just trying to keep her dad calm, and explaining, "You could be a real hero if you save the USA from the shutdown, daddy! Just think of what Fox will say!"
Oh god I can hear it now.

"I didn't have to end the #SchumerShutdown and people told me I shouldn't, but I said to myself "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! IT HAS TO END!" So I bravely picked up my marker and signed the bill. YOU ARE WELCOME AMERICA! #MAGA"

Well at the very least he'd be able to keep out the "Coyotes".
:(

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god I can hear it now.

"I didn't have to end the #SchumerShutdown and people told me I shouldn't, but I said to myself "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! IT HAS TO END!" So I bravely picked up my marker and signed the bill. YOU ARE WELCOME AMERICA! #MAGA"

:(

I know I know, but if we could convince him to essentially entomb himself in his golf course and never have to deal with him again, I consider that a win.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see this easily continuing till late February and even pass that. It's a likely possibility.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just keep it going until two thirds of the federal workforce is homeless. That'll show 'em how much he cares about Americans.

I thought he doesn't already?

No chance. The Republicans up for re-election in 2020 in non blood red states are sweating bullets. If federal workers miss one more paycheck they know they are done.

Here's hoping then for this mess to be over in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. A lot of them are just morons.

The question to ask, though, is, at what point are you choosing to act like a moron?

A lot of people claimed to be too stupid to understand that Trump was racist after they voted for him. Some of them maybe were telling the truth, although typically people that stupid aren't aware of it. But do you really think every one of them was actually that dumb, given that saying you're that dumb is a guaranteed indulgence from your progressive relatives?

I sometimes have doubts that people are really as dumb as they say they are when being dumb is the best defense they have.
I think it's intellectually shallow to worry too much about it honestly. It's very likely that many people "ignorant" of Trumps racism are intentionally so or disengenuous in intent but even so as long as you don't get dragged into the rhetorical weeds the discussion is still valuable.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be to much to hope Trump kills himself?
He's not going to kill himself.

Hell, being president has made him more miserable than he'e ever been, he doesn't like or care about the job and country but he's going to run again just to spite everyone. He's a real piece of shit.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I am not seeing a lot of people criticizing Nancy Pelosi anymore.

I take it Era is happy with her ovarian fortitude?

I am certainly happy Trump isn't wasting my taxpayer money on his penis monument.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Do not encourage violence of self harm on the forum
He's not going to kill himself.

Hell, being president has made him more miserable than he'e ever been, he doesn't like or care about the job and country but he's going to run again just to spite everyone. He's a real piece of shit.
I'm not saying he will. I'm saying right now I want him, on TV, to eat a gun till it clicks

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I am certainly happy Trump isn't wasting my taxpayer money on his penis monument.
She's being a lot more solid on this thatn I'd thought she would be, I'll admit. Still can't say Black Lives Matter without a "but" , but holding firm on No Wall is pretty good.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood

She has definitely impressed me with standing firm on this issue. I think for many of us we're just burned from so many attempts to compromise with what has fundamentally become a party that acts like terrorists, but this time she's put her foot down and I'm far less worried about her than I am about Schumer.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
He's too stupid to do it, but I'm willing to bet at leaat one of his associates will kill himself before all is said and done. Once indictments start to roll out, they'll know how screwed they really are and won't want to face the pain and humiliation Manafort is being put through now.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's intellectually shallow to worry too much about it honestly. It's very likely that many people "ignorant" of Trumps racism are intentionally so or disengenuous in intent but even so as long as you don't get dragged into the rhetorical weeds the discussion is still valuable.

Why?

You keep asserting this. I do not believe it is valid as a general principle!

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
For giggles, what could the republican party compromise on for democrats to actually vote for the wall? Last year was DACA but that's out the window now.