• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
He refuses to admit defeat over any of his excuses. This will definitely hurt mask acceptance further but it will also continue to sink his ship. He is such a stupid dumbass.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
At this point, it's hard to care if any of his supporters start taking it.

EDIT: ugh nvm I don't want hospitals to have to deal with this shit

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
So... shouldn't they be deregistered?
Medical boards should be nationalised, this shit stamped out, and these people sued for wilful endangerment.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
A Disturbing amount of those retweets are of qanon accounts, in addition to the fact that I have seen identical content pushed by obvious bot accounts.
Seriously disturbing.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Doctors are lying about the pandemic, but these other people dressed up like doctors can't all be wrong.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
My mom literally linked me to three of these articles this morning. Is there anything readily available that calls them into question.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Well, if he actually believed it he wouldnt have sent 2 million hydroxyclhloroquine pills for free to Brazil...

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A story as old as time: A dipshit, after months of getting hammered by the media and general public for saying and doing stupid, dangerous things, briefly flirts with doing the "right" thing, only to go back and octuple-down on their insane bullshit when people don't immediately start singing their praises for doing what isn't even a fraction of the bare minimum of what they should do.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
We are living in Idiocracy right now.
If only. In Idiocracy, the President genuinely had good intentions and when he found the smartest man in the world, he listened to that man. He was also willing to own up to it when mistaken. And the people as a whole were willing to embrace intelligent leadership. Idiocracy was downright optimistic compared to now.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
If only. In Idiocracy, the President genuinely had good intentions and when he found the smartest man in the world, he listened to that man. He was also willing to own up to it when mistaken. And the people as a whole were willing to embrace intelligent leadership. Idiocracy was downright optimistic compared to now.

Yeesh, sad part is you're right. We've managed to become worse than even Idiocracy.

God help us.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every country is if its institutions are weak enough, Hrtc :(
Feels like I'm almost at my breaking point with this. I have a lot of family members that are considered high risk and we're doing everything we can to help keep them safe and these fuckers, especially trump, are spreading bullshit that puts their lives at risk. I hate this so damn much. I don't want to wish harm on these people but fuck.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
All this after the most extensive study of hydroxychloroquine published that not only was it useless at treating covid-19 but if anything slightly more harmful.

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like I'm almost at my breaking point with this. I have a lot of family members that are considered high risk and we're doing everything we can to help keep them safe and these fuckers, especially trump, are spreading bullshit that puts their lives at risk. I hate this so damn much. I don't want to wish harm on these people but fuck.
I'm sorry, buddy. Honestly. I have older family in San Diego, too, and I worry for them. My only comfort now is that it is very unlikely to get covid if you're careful and it sounds like you guys are. With my family we've got our routine now that we're good to keep for as long as we need, knowing that there will eventually be an end to this shit.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, buddy. Honestly. I have older family in San Diego, too, and I worry for them. My only comfort now is that it is very unlikely to get covid if you're careful and it sounds like you guys are. With my family we've got our routine now that we're good to keep for as long as we need, knowing that there will eventually be an end to this shit.
<3

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
That c19study site in particular is awful. So many pilot studies, non-peer-reviewed studies, mislabeled meta analysis studies, studies with sample size issues(protip, aggregating sample count from OTHER studies doesn't... mean your meta study's sample size is now that that size.), studies trusting secondhand numbers from China, or studies that are having their result completely misconstrued or reinterpreted (including one outright stating that it's NOT APPLICABLE TO GENERAL POPULACE). Never mind the big graph that just assumes causation outright..

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
My otherwise rational Aunt is posting so much bullshit like this drug being a miracle cure and that doctors are endorsing it that even Facebook is taking her shit down and then she just reposts it angrily about being censored.

Americans in general, but especially the Boomer generation has a serious incapacity to think critically. Russians exploit this politically and scam artists abroad primarily in India exploit this with robocalls.

We need education reform. Axe some of the rote memorization and teach how to think rationally and use a fact based approach.

Oct 27, 2017
Something Creative said:
Is there some way to trojan horse a bipartisan initiative to challenge genuine 'fake news' efforts? If both sides are concerned about fake news, but only disagree on what constitutes fake news, how do you thread that needle and get both sides convinced they're getting what they want?

He asks rhetorically, aware that it's an incredibly difficult problem.
I'm literally saying the medium of social media in its current construction (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, etc.) is a dystopian machination. Watch this to understand why:

Last edited:

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
People should be reporting all of these tweets, including Mango Mussolini's, as they break TOS about being misleading on health issues

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
There's a study claiming that it's effective, doctors claiming it's effective etc. Are they just straight up lying or is there some truth to it?

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, I doubt it's money. I think it's ego. He pushed it at first because he wanted the problem to just go away, and he keeps pushing it because the only move he knows is the double down.

This, pretty much. Plus his psychological problem is he never admits he wrong, which allows magical thinking because he genuinely *believes* he's never wrong and trusts his "gut" over legitimate sources of information. His "gut" typically meaning the first little bit of information he heard that he liked. As stupid and simple as that sounds, we see that behavior with him constantly; it's why he was/probably still is anti-mask: The first thing he heard from Fauci was masks don't help, the studies showed they did and Fauci immediately changed his tune but Trump liked that first bit of information. So he decided to stick his head in the sand and trust his "gut" because he's always right.