• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a bunch of fucking morons in this thread. First acting like he made it despite the obvious mark in the corner but then to go off as her clearly being unworthy of a nomination strictly because of what is a relatively inconsequential thing; even saying shit like "Well she's not as bad as Trump but..."

Some of you are really stupid and pathetic.

everyone here knows trump didn't write that joke

and 90% of the people here who are mad about people laughing at this would probably be all yassss slayyy if this joke was used somewhere else

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, that's a pretty decent burn. It's still sad(!) it's coming from the fucking President of the United States of America though.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I feel like Warren is so encumbered by this shit that the only way she can change this narrative is if she escalates things dramatically by talking about how Trump is probably a pedophile.

Really, at least one of the Dems should do it.

I agree with this, at least one of the presidential contenders needs to get into the mud with Trump. There's a lot of ammo to throw at him, someone should take advantage.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how that's okay and why anyone would support that. You don't insult people based on their ethnicity for any reason.

He's not making fun of her ethnicity. He's not saying that being Native American is bad and worthy of ridicule. He's ridiculing her claims about ethnicity, which are tenuous at best. To claim that you are a Native American, which is something that the various tribes take very seriously, and then come out with a DNA test saying you have less than a percent (potentially) of NA blood is absolutely worthy of ridicule.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
What a bunch of fucking morons in this thread. First acting like he made it despite the obvious mark in the corner but then to go off as her clearly being unworthy of a nomination strictly because of what is a relatively inconsequential thing; even saying shit like "Well she's not as bad as Trump but..."

Some of you are really stupid and pathetic.

It's not that this thing is inconsequential, it's that she failed to understand her adversary so severely that even Democrats are shaking their heads at her response. She's a great leader and would be a great President, but she is not a good politician, which makes her less likely to be able to beat Trump. Obviously, my post and opinion is subjective, but I'm certainly not alone in this. She needs to improve, and quickly, with how she handles Trump (for the optics more than anything) or she shouldn't be running at all.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This whole debacle has helpfully shown that Warren/her team don't have the skill set to navigate a primary/general election so at least the electorate has the chance to not nominate her in the primary versus finding this out in the general.

That's a different skill set from being a good Senator, by the way. It's the same reason why good campaigners (who win elections) don't necessarily turn out to be good politicians.

Policy and track record doesn't matter at all. It's all about charisma and how many average joes think you're cool.

Wait wait wait, since when has Warren lacked charisma? She's been a darling on talk shows because of how firey and passionate she is about topics relating to consumer protection and matters of social justice. Suddenly now she's got the charisma of a stump?

It's helpful to point out as well her answering to Trump had nothing to do with her seeking any sort of election either. I doubt she did the DNA test without any sort of plan or advice from anyone in regards to a future presidential race as just until recently she's always said that she felt that she did more effective work in the Senate than she could do as President specifically in regards to consumer protection.

I mean we're talking about a woman who had a gaffe about her ancestry over a known adulterous slob who cheats contractors out of money, is currently being investigated by several attorney's offices for fraud as well as federal authorities for conspiracy with foreign powers.

And you know, the last time the Republicans ran a presidential campaign against a Democrat by focusing on their heritage didn't exactly do so well, and we ended up getting 8 years of someone some people are still convinced isn't an American citizen and is a secret Muslim. So if this is the worst the Republicans have on Warren, fucking bring it on.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People laughing at this is the forum equivalent of ruffling his hair. Yet everyone destroyed fallon for that.

No, it's the equivalent of them finding the Cohen joke funny.

Funny things are funny, this doesn't suddenly legitimize Trump in any way just because you insist it does.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, why in the world do you think this is the biggest self own you have seen in your life
How is it a self own when your own party loves to tear their own candidates down for the littlest of reasons. Also the fact that you think Trump is some political giant that needs a democratic equivalent going "toe-to-toe" speaks volumes.

She's being constantly mocked by trump for lying about her native american heritage. Most people think its classless and it really only plays to the worst elements of the GOP base. All you have to do is ignore it. What does she do?

Releases a video BRAGGING about basically having no Native American DNA. It was possibly the ONLY thing she could have possibly done to validate Trump. Now she's a laughingstock for pretty much anyone who isn't a hardcore liberal (and based on the responses in this thread not even there) and she's got numerous Native American groups calling her a fucking racist.

How is that not a self own? What would you call it? She owned herself.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every day American politics just leaves me more and more confused.

The man is in charge of an administration that is caging immigrant children, stripping away womens rights, crashing the economy, alienating your international allies and openly being a racist POS.

But let's join in and ridicule a liberal candidate instead! How fucking dare she make a mistake!

Shit's stupid.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like people learned nothing from Trump, and think he's a magical unicorn with special armor or something. No people, the DNA stuff doesn't matter, 0, nada, nothing. If Warren doesn't care about it, and acts like it, it's not gonna matter. All of this paranoia regarding her electability is nonsense. It's all about appearances. If it wasn't this, it would be some other nonsense they would be shitposting with.

All democrats need to be concerned with is if the candidate is corrupt or not, and that they're progressive. Don't take anyone who is in league with and/or has taken money from lobbyists. All the rest is inconsequential.

bluepolicebox

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people got half as offended at the continued use of Native American imagery/tribal names as sports mascots as they did over Warren's faux pas. Your indignation on behalf of the Native community is misplaced.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
The actual Cherokee Nation calling it a "mockery" probably isn't a good sign.
Ok? They're upset she doesn't have enough of it in her DNA, but she does have it, in whatever little amount there is. Her statement is technically true, emphasis on technical. If other people criticizing you on what you said makes you self owned, then Trump is the king of it.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like Warren is so encumbered by this shit that the only way she can change this narrative is if she escalates things dramatically by talking about how Trump is probably a pedophile.

Really, at least one of the Dems should do it.
You can't really do that without also implicating Bill Clinton though. Not saying that it shouldn't happen regardless of course, but it's not an attack that is gonna split evenly down party lines, especially when you're only running on "probably".

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but this tweet is directed at a person who did DNA test to prove that she is Native American and the test showed that she wasn't. As I said earlier, I'm totally OK with people participating in the culture that they were brought up in. Even if she was adopted by Native Americans I think it's totally fine for her to consider herself as part of that culture. It got all kinds of fucked up when she did DNA test.
You are deliberately missing the point as to the problem with this.

As I said from the very first post: Trump, Trump's base, and the right give zero shits about appropriating another culture. They give a *lot* of shits about blood and race. Trump is not a woke leftist raking Warren over the coals for not checking her privilege: he is tapping the angst and vitriol against affirmative action and all of its attendant racial resentment. This is bald-faced, one-drop-rule racist bullshit.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's not making fun of her ethnicity. He's not saying that being Native American is bad and worthy of ridicule. He's ridiculing her claims about ethnicity, which are tenuous at best. To claim that you are a Native American, which is something that the various tribes take very seriously, and then come out with a DNA test saying you have less than a percent (potentially) of NA blood is absolutely worthy of ridicule.
Not to mention basically bragging about it as a win.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I mean, except we have records of Trump's history attacking Warren and calling her racial names before he even knew what the DNA test was, so, it's not ENTIRELY about the DNA test with Trump.

I don't get how that's okay and why anyone would support that. You don't insult people based on their ethnicity for any reason. We know Trump is racist as fuck, we know where this is coming from.

I see the point you guys are making, Trump is clearly racist in his intentions. However what makes the meme so funny and damaging is that you don't need to be racist to find it funny. "Elizabeth Warren claimed to be Native American but it turns out she's only a tiny bit Native American" is funny without any racism. This is the uncomfortable reality of a lot of memes, where the creators agenda is obfuscated behind something funny.

So all in all, I would find the meme funny but at the same time I would recognize the intent behind it and not spread it. Unfortunately you can be sure that plenty will unwittingly spread this meme, that's what makes this type of racism so effective.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i like warren and i think she's a good candidate, but the people who quickly excuse her for the native american stuff are complete hypocrites. she played that shit up for personal gain, and it was proven to be almost complete bullshit. how is okay to use race like that?

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I see the point you guys are making, Trump is clearly racist in his intentions. However what makes the meme so funny and damaging is that you don't need to be racist to find it funny. "Elizabeth Warren claimed to be Native American but it turns out she's only a tiny bit Native American" is funny without any racism. This is the uncomfortable reality of a lot of memes, where the creators agenda is obfuscated behind something funny.
Explain why it's funny. Walk me through it.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Trump claimed in his biography he was Swedish because he didn't want to claim his family's murky German past. People got over that.

Trump started the birth conspiracy in the lead-up to 2012. Obama still got re-elected.

Ancestry is not a winner politically. This is not some great vulnerability for Warren.

If this is the only thing people are worried about, they're gonna shit bricks when the Trump-team starts working Bernie, Biden, Beto, or whoever else makes it to the general.

Like I said, we can't control what people take into consideration. Warren MIGHT be able to overcome it, but it's a tall order at this vantage point in time. And yes people should be concerned about what name-calling tactics Trump will throw out there. "Crooked Hillary" did resonate well with many folks.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's a pretty good dig on her completely unforced error, if we're being honest with ourselves.

If you want a repeat of 2016, by all means, champion the person they've already lined up as "Shin Hillary".

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
As the old saying goes, "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience". Warren got baited way too easily. She needs to take some lessons from Pelosi.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
She's being constantly mocked by trump for lying about her native american heritage. Most people think its classless and it really only plays to the worst elements of the GOP base. All you have to do is ignore it. What does she do?

Releases a video BRAGGING about basically having no Native American DNA. It was possibly the ONLY thing she could have possibly done to validate Trump. Now she's a laughingstock for pretty much anyone who isn't a hardcore liberal (and based on the responses in this thread not even there) and she's got numerous Native American groups calling her a fucking racist.

How is that not a self own? What would you call it? She owned herself.
Bruh, who gives a flying **** if trump mocks someone, trump has been mocked by not only his own people and his own party but by worldwide governments for the shit he says, his policies, his idiotic antics etc . If you think something as inconsequential as a Dna test is a self own, you haven't seen anything.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rachel Dozeal identifies as African American and she got torn to shreds. I bet her ancestry DNA results could have a 1% error margin for it as well...

51YSlHcUrJL._SY445_QL70_.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me?

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warrens bigger downfall was letting him get so under her skin that she took the test in the first place. Little Rubio, Crooked Hilary, didn't really respond to their names.

You didn't see Rubio out there showing off the size gloves he wore. Hilary just didn't have time for it. But Warren couldn't stand the nickname Pocahontas so she had to take a DNA test to prove him wrong. She took his 1 million dollar bet to prove she was Native American, and I'm sorry but less than 1% is not anything to call home a win. So she bought in to his bullying, so she changed the narrative of her campaign before it EVEN started.

She took the bait. She's DOA. Simple as that.

This tweet just sinks it home, or should for her. That the narrative still hasn't changed, and won't. Her only hope is that he's not in office come the primaries, but given how Mueller is just dragging his feet makes me think that there is either a lot more to uncover, or not enough to indict him.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's really savage. I love Warren's politics (not so much foreign policy, she's inferior to Bernie and others there, but overall) and I still wish she wouldn't run because Trump is getting real mileage out of this.

She should have just said "hey I fucked up, I shouldn't have claimed that I was an indigenous American" instead of taking the DNA test and owning the fuck out of herself.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I mean, comedy is subjective, but a grown ass white woman parading around claiming native ancestry, getting ribbed for it, and then in response to getting ribbed paying for a DNA test that shows she may or may not have a bit of native ancestry and treating that as if she has any continued claim to native ancestry or culture is fucking HILARIOUS in any context because it's a compete farce.

Like an American episode of Fawlty Towers, Warren's continued insistence despite reality is something to be laughed at.