• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
meh, this forum is (hopefully) mostly unsusceptible to propaganda from trump of all people, and sometimes it's just good to see a dog

This forum clapped everytime Obama did a drone stike, you won't find any shortage of anti-Trump people who will gobble this type of military propaganda up.

War doggo so kawaii uwu

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I really hope these reporters revealing the dog's name arent being idiots about this and got permission from very high up to reveal the name. Revealing a dogs name doesnt provide much public interest vs potential security threats, should there be any.
C'mon you already know the answer to this. They don't give a shit they just want to break the story

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Good Doggie!

a broken clock can be right twice a day

on this, Trump is alright to troll ISIS

nothing gets them more riled up then women combatants defeating them on the battlefield, our dogs sniffing them out like vermin

I am okay, with Trump pissing on the dead leader of ISIS.

fuck ISIS

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I feel deeply uncomfortable valorizing the conduct of an animal bred and trained to maul people on command, without any moral agency.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope these reporters revealing the dog's name arent being idiots about this and got permission from very high up to reveal the name. Revealing a dogs name doesnt provide much public interest vs potential security threats, should there be any.
You mean ISIS could start targeting all dogs named Conan?
tenor.gif

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
People worried about the dogs anonymity

Because there could be a retaliatory attack aimed at this dog

the fuck are you people smoking?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Not at the dog, but I guess presumably fears that people would be able to track the unit he was attached to. I guess. Seems farfetched.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Not at the dog, but I guess presumably fears that people would be able to track the unit he was attached to. I guess. Seems farfetched.

The theory, as I understand it, is that all movements of special forces teams are secret because we don't want foreign governments to be able to track where they are and what they might be doing. It's not really about retaliation against the specific unit, it's just general practice to keep special forces information secret.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
This is because muslims consider dogs impure, yeah?

100%. i'd bet this tweet is Miller's idea too, as a fuck you to all Muslims (even though of course not all Muslims dislike dogs, and most sure as hell didnt consider an ISIS leader to be a hero).

who believes anything Trump tweets anyway? or what the US Army says. Al-Baghdadi probably never saw a dog when he died.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

I'm not going to pretend I know how any of this works with espionage and special forces, but I imagine it's a name that could possibly be tracked by a foreign government if the dog remains in service, and then you're tracking special forces themselves. Again, it may not work that way at all either. I'm never been an intelligent agent myself.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
who believes anything Trump tweets anyway? or what the US Army says. Al-Baghdadi probably never saw a dog when he died.

They IDed him with his underwear, a dog helped find him and then they burried him at sea.

Not one to be conspiratorially minded, but this whole story does make me chuckle a bit. Very Trump era news story.

terrorists are not people

good thing the US military has 100% accuracy rating in IDing terrorists

Oct 27, 2017
Also amusing in this thread that some people are incapable of understanding that particular breeds of dogs are good at particular jobs.

Obvious they've never been around a working dog a day in their lives.

Oct 27, 2017
Capitalism means even dogs can't escape the intractable pull of exploitation of their labour based on their breed lol

This world sucks so bad, we can't even do dogs without turning them into war tech.
This is quite a take.

Specifically speaking about dogs in the armed forces here, there are plenty of roles for canines that are utilized in non-combat roles for the military. S&R, detection etc. Certain breeds like Belgian Malinois', Labradors et al excel at the type of work they're tasked with.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is straight up propaganda and I don't appreciate it being shared here as though it's laudable.