• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
He is doubling down because it's working with his base. I am seeing his followers tweet to news and government accounts "correcting" them about the name of the virus with hashtags like #WuhanFlu

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First sentence out of his mouth today.

What an absolute piece of shit.

President is speaking and every time he says something stupid stocks ratchet slightly lower.

He started by calling it "the Chinese virus" and with five second delay stocks immediately halted slight uptick and began to decline more rapidly.

Claims the test is "not very nice I can tell you but I did it!" Arrested Development Narrator: "he didn't do it "

Then he said "enacting defense production act you all know what that is I don't have to tell you" DROPPO

Then "international Red Cross ship its a big white ship with a big Red Cross!" DROPPO

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
President is speaking and every time he says something stupid stocks ratchet slightly lower.

He started by calling it "the Chinese virus" and with five second delay stocks immediately halted slight uptick and began to decline more rapidly.

Claims the test is "not very nice I can tell you but I did it!" Arrested Development Narrator: "he didn't do it "

Then he said "enacting defense production act you all know what that is I don't have to tell you" DROPPO

Then "international Red Cross ship its a big white ship with a big Red Cross!" DROPPO
The crazy thing is that there are people making and losing large sums of money trying to time this stupidity.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good god drumpf just got asked if using the term "kung flu" was ok
And he agreed, because it comes from China
🤦‍♀️

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He just doubled down on saying "Kung Flu" was an appropriate term too. Repeated it like 5x and said it was fine because even asian americans would know it was right and accurate. Jesus fucking christ.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bracing myself for this racist deflection of responsibility + all the rhetoric about straight up money in people's hands (even if there isn't follow through) is how Trump plans on getting through this.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I was SO glad that the reporter asked why he called it the "Chinese virus" in his opening remarks.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Beyond being an obvious racist (news at 11), he's seriously fucking up any chances of China helping the country out with what's coming, and for no good reason. That's what scares me most.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beyond being an obvious racist (news at 11), he's seriously fucking up any chances of China helping the country out with what's coming, and for no good reason. That's what scares me most.
I'm going to be very good money that if the US asked for help from China they will say yes. They have been saying that they will for a while.
But this country would rather let people die than do that.

Jan 31, 2018
Trump overt and petty racism is not new but it is a rather dismal sign of what's to come. Initially, I thought the CCP's feeble attempt to lie about the origin of the virus was merely fodder for it's own population. Now though, I'm wondering if it's actually an attempt to head off the inevitable rage the rest of the world will feel once this all sets in. The deaths, the massive economic loss, the effects of an extended quarantine; people will want answers and someone or something to blame. And there will be no shortage of worldwide leaders looking to deflect responsibility for their own failures in responding to the crisis.

Given the sheer scope of all this, I think we can expect at the very least, global pressure on China to crack down on the wet markets.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump overt and petty racism is not new but it is a rather dismal sign of what's to come. Initially, I thought the CCP's feeble attempt to lie about the origin of the virus was merely fodder for it's own population. Now though, I'm wondering if it's actually an attempt to head off the inevitable rage the rest of the world will feel once this all sets in. The deaths, the massive economic loss, the effects of an extended quarantine; people will want answers and someone or something to blame. And there will be no shortage of worldwide leaders looking to deflect responsibility for their own failures in responding to the crisis.

Given the sheer scope of all this, I think we can expect at the very least, global pressure on China to crack down on the wet markets.
This rage is not inevitable, it's how Trump will try to deflect blame for this, and I'm not sure why a ton of people in this forum seem to be cheering for this course of action.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Damn I wish I saved the tweet but it was; " I'm going to call it white mass shootings from this point forward". Sounds like a great idea to me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The WHO purposefully stopped naming viruses after their region of origin for the creation of irrational fear among the population against certain ethnic groups. Irrational fear that leads to hate crimes such as someone attempting to murder an Asian family like this that happened two days ago. One of the family members injured being a child:

www.cbs7.com

FIRST ON CBS7: Suspect admits he tried to kill family at Midland Sam's Club

The 19-year-old who investigators say stabbed and cut four people at the Midland Sam's Club Saturday told police he was attempting to kill a family shopping in the store, according to an arrest affidavit.

There is a graphic image of said child's condition which I won't post for obvious reasons. Anyone with any sense knows what naming the coronavirus like this will do. The Trump administration especially knows that and is doing this purposefully to create a scapegoat due to their abysmal handling of containing the virus and not taking it seriously enough. Continuously name it the "Chinese Coronavirus" and it will stick. As a result, irrational Americans will do what they do best in targeting specific ethnic groups that fall within that name. Asians will be the ones vilified instead of the shoddy and incompetent administration at fault.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Erm, carriers of Covid-19 in China were conduits for the virus, not the creators, its clearly racist to blame an entire population, especially now with the increase in hate crimes. This man is responsible for exacerbating hostile sentiment against south americans, 2 massacres last year, he just doesnt stop.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Nathan McDermott @natemcdermott

Trump only started calling the "Chinese Virus" within the last two days.

Between January and March 15th, he referred to it as the "coronavirus", at least on Twitter anyway, 41 times.

Since March 16th he hasn't called it the "coronavirus" once.

I note this, not because it's the most important thing in the world right now, but because when he and others act like they've always called it that it's clearly not true.

At some point, for his own calculations, he decided it'd be better it call it something else.​

2:57 PM - Mar 18, 2020

Nick Confessore @nickconfessore

Somewhat surprising to me that they didn't pivot to this messaging a little sooner. https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1240350680637980672 …

3:34 PM - Mar 18, 2020

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
We've already seen mass shooters who have directly cited Trump as their inspiration, so this is very disturbing.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

Nathan McDermott @natemcdermott

Trump only started calling the "Chinese Virus" within the last two days.

Between January and March 15th, he referred to it as the "coronavirus", at least on Twitter anyway, 41 times.

Since March 16th he hasn't called it the "coronavirus" once.

I note this, not because it's the most important thing in the world right now, but because when he and others act like they've always called it that it's clearly not true.

At some point, for his own calculations, he decided it'd be better it call it something else.

2:57 PM - Mar 18, 2020

Nick Confessore @nickconfessore

Somewhat surprising to me that they didn't pivot to this messaging a little sooner. https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/1240350680637980672 …

3:34 PM - Mar 18, 2020

This has Stephen Miller written all over. No doubt in my mind that it was him that advised trump on the change of language.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
This guy is just a terrible human being. There are no redeeming qualities about him he's pure evil. I do worry that once shit gets really bad he's going to do something really crazy.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How about we call it the Trump Virus? Donald loves naming every god damn thing after himself...