• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Now I am no supporter of Trump and I am not an American so this wall has no relevance to me. But how on earth can securing a countries border from illegal immigrants and drugs be considered racism? Anyway, it's a ridiculous way of securing a border and a stupid waste of money.

I was born and raised in a suburb of Phoenix Arizona called Guadalupe. This town is no bigger than a square mile made up of ~75% Hispanics. If you don't know the town you would think its Mexico (culture...not because of illegals). Outsiders really came known to it because of Sheriff Joe Arpaio. This POS would set up "immigration sweeps" in Guadalupe and other Latino neighborhoods in Phoenix. It was a fuckin circus in my town. And it cited fear and hate from outsiders who knew nothing about what makes Guadalupe beautiful.

When I was in school, I was picked on like any other kid. But there would be those kids that would call me a "wetback", "spic", or someone telling me "Did you swim or walk across?". No matter if I am a Mexican American, born in the US, the color of my skin is synonymous with "crossing the border" or being an illegal. A wall would represent that hate that I have received. It is signifying that "fuck you Mexicans, you can't come here".

I do know families that are here illegally. They all came here for that "American Dream". And a wall wouldn't have stopped them.

Nov 7, 2017
Watching clips of this idiot in the Rose Garden. One sentence he's saying how they're already building new wall, literally a minute later he's saying that they were restricted and can't build new wall, only repair the existing ones. How is this real life?
It's becoming more and more clear he probably has dementia - the weird tangents, nonsense stories, walking out in the middle of meetings, confusing fantasies for reality.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
It's becoming more and more clear he probably has dementia - the weird tangents, nonsense stories, walking out in the middle of meetings, confusing fantasies for reality.
Nah, He's just a self serving jackass that will say anything for approval and to get his way, insulated by 70 years of money and yes men. He just says the words he thinks will get people to give him what he wants. They have as much meaning as open sesame.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking and haven't found an answer. Did Trump actually sign the government funding bill? I know it passed in the House and the Senate, but was the thing actually signed? And if so, for how long is the government funded?

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I am no supporter of Trump and I am not an American so this wall has no relevance to me. But how on earth can securing a countries border from illegal immigrants and drugs be considered racism? Anyway, it's a ridiculous way of securing a border and a stupid waste of money.
When drugs mostly come from legal ports of entry and the country has a net zero immigration flow, ask yourself: Why would anyone paint this as a "national emergency" that a wall would fix? It's almos as if Trump and his base are irrationally scared of something or someone... almost like they're phobic about a certain group of people... hmmm...

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to me that the Republican Party in 2019 would have no problem with seizing land from law abiding Americans. It's anathema to them conceptually and an incredible beacon of 'big government.' Like what the fuck.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
It's amazing to me that the Republican Party in 2019 would have no problem with seizing land from law abiding Americans. It's anathema to them conceptually and an incredible beacon of 'big government.' Like what the fuck.
The republican party of 2019 has no values set in stone. Their positions change with the wind. As long as minorities are being hurt.

Oct 27, 2017
The republican party of 2019 has no values set in stone. Their positions change with the wind. As long as minorities are being hurt.
The republican party is merely a front for radical conservative oligarchs. They do what their money men tell them to. There is no autonomy, nor any free-thought within what masquerades as a representative political entity.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Imagine That Was Obama. I've seen more outrage from them over a tan suit than constitutional over-reach and taking peoples land.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So, any word on guys like Hannity's opinion? I've heard his base is somewhat split on today
Unlike Coulter, he's gobbling up every drop of spunk his master is dropping. His twitter is just reposts of the declaration and how AOC is bad for standing up against the President. Oh and of course the usual "Deep State" conspiracies.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That press conference was embarrassing. Like watching a petulant child speak about why they were punished but were actually right. I will never forgive you, republican voters. Never.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
There is more context behind calling Trump racist then just this wall issue. For example, he has been calling Mexicans murders and rapists.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Trump is just mad about the outcome of his Trump University fraud. He literally said that he would have won his case if the judge wasn't Mexican. He ran Trump University like Amway.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Trump knows that without that wall his chances of being reelected will be lower and without the protection of the presidency he is completely fucked.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question.
So, what can be done to stop this? I mean stop the process, drag it out for two years, stopping them allowing bidders to try and get the contracts to build it? In my country we have a Constitutional Court that sits above the Supreme Court in authority that would halt the process if they feel it doesnt warrant a national emergency or even if the seizing of land or forcing a lower compensation to the owners before seizing it. I mean, literally millions of ways to halt the President here, and it has happened before.
Are there going to be mechanisms in place to do that in the US?
The president has way to much unchecked vested power over there... almost like it was a hope decent people would make it to the White House.. and Trump, the GOP... their the furthest thing from decent.

We literally had a president selling us out to Russia, handing out contracts to Russian state linked firms with Billions, and in some cases Trillions (like for the building of multiple Nuclear Power Plants across the country incurring debt that'd take decades to pay off) and the opposition political parties (that werent aligned with the Governing party went to court until a judge threw away the documents with Russia rendering them null and void), surely the dems can go to court over this in some way, any way.
Drawing this process out beyond 2 years atleast.

In my mind.. I just know some alt right scum like Luckey Palmer and many we dont know that work in the shadows and are GOP pals are scrambling for contracts... reminds me of the war in Iraq and GOP business interests in various companies.. now Im sure their all in construction.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
RE: Coulter
The reason she keeps pushing Trump to do extreme shit is because she's a white supremacist, an authoritarian and a fascist. Choosing within yourself to be 'amenable' to her help and thereby validating her space in the public sphere is a little dangerous. It's reckless day-trading. People like her are sure to come back with a slightly smarter and more competent Mussolini rehash to run for office next time.

She can get to fuck, as always.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

It was only a few years ago when conservatives were rallying behind cattle ranchers freeloading off government land who somehow felt they were the ones being wronged

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

But, yeah, now seizing privately owned land is fine.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The republican party is merely a front for radical conservative oligarchs. They do what their money men tell them to. There is no autonomy, nor any free-thought within what masquerades as a representative political entity.

That is true, to an extent. Now their Frankenstein monster has been off the leash and is controlling them now, Trump is merely a manifestation of the average Fox News viewer.

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
if this doesn't die in court and is instead upheld, that ruling will set a precedent that allows future presidents to basically do anything the fuck they want, right
Yup. Which is why it shouldn't. But if it does, the next Dem president should make things interesting - especially with Climate Change given the avalanche of evidence for it.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
4a5e04fb318df84dda8e316b63962a83.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Trump is just mad about the outcome of his Trump University fraud. He literally said that he would have won his case if the judge wasn't Mexican. He ran Trump University like Amway.

Trump is mad hes a weak president. He staked his whole campaign on the wall. This was going to be a monument to Trump, his legacy. This was about his ego. No amount of facts or reasoning was going to get him to back down.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
RE: Coulter
The reason she keeps pushing Trump to do extreme shit is because she's a white supremacist, an authoritarian and a fascist. Choosing within yourself to be 'amenable' to her help and thereby validating her space in the public sphere is a little dangerous. It's reckless day-trading. People like her are sure to come back with a slightly smarter and more competent Mussolini rehash to run for office next time.

She can get to fuck, as always.

I saw her once taking the train in NYC thinking to myself how disgusted she must feel being surrounded by such diverse crowd. Made me smile!

Oct 28, 2017
Because Republicans generally don't actuallt want small government. They just don't want government to impact what they care about. They are perfectly happy to use heavy government actions to get what they want.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

The senator from Hawaii.

J.D. Durkin @jiveDurkey

just in — a source at the Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach just texted me this photo taken a short time ago.

omelette bar:
dzils9cxgaewjwliwjtq.jpg

9:35 AM - Feb 16, 2019

Hannah Morse @mannahhorse

.@realDonaldTrump arrives at Trump International Golf Club West Palm Beach at 8:42 a.m. #TrumpInPalmBeach @pbpost

8:43 AM - Feb 16, 2019

h3lPFgQ.png

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

They also have no problem with making the military do a bunch of useless construction just to avert Congress.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Oh really? How is that?

Dubya signed the 2006 Security Fence Act which would have built hundreds of miles of extra fence along the border. There are STILL dozens of court cases pending from that as many landowners sued the government.

WaPo: Trump's wall needs private property. But some Texans won't give up their land without a fight
[...
Most people, he said, are not willing to voluntarily hand over their land, even with a fair market price, forcing the government to go to court to obtain it. "You're talking about thousands and thousands of eminent domain proceedings that would have to run through federal district courts in Texas for the most part, but also places such as Arizona and New Mexico."

Olivares said there were 334 eminent domain lawsuits filed in South Texas during the Bush administration; approximately 60 to 70 cases are still pending from a decade ago, mostly regarding payouts.

The Texas Civil Rights Project is now trying to let people know that they are not required to sign over access to their land. They are going door-to-door in some neighborhoods, letting people know their rights, and they are running digital ads and spots on local radio stations. They also plan to host town-hall-style meetings.

"If you don't have a lawyer, you're just going to get railroaded," Olivares said. "We're trying to make sure this isn't going to happen."

[...]

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
"Obama used executive powers too!/Obama declared 13 national emergencies!/We didn't have a choice in passing Obamacare!" seem to be the conservative excuses, from my brief browsing on Twitter.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

Both of these are 100% accurate. They have two jobs to keep the oligarchs happy and promote ways to hurt minority groups to ensure they get the rural white vote. It use to be dog whistles were enough for them to get votes but Trump not understanding what he was doing at all has decided to act on these things denying the politicians involved any option to pretend those hateful policies were benign neglect or just empty pandering.