• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
spongebobmeme.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earlier today, Laura Loomer's dumbo case against Twitter for discriminating against conservatives was thrown out unanimously by a DC Circuit Court panel.

People catastrophizing about this order have to first explain to me what it can do, how it could be enforced, who would enforce it, and how it would hold up before you convince me this isn't just as much of a stunt as every other time Trump has said he was suing somebody.

It is a stunt - and if it were any other president, he'd take the L because escalating and not letting it go would create a political and constitutional crisis, so while the law is exquisitely clear to everyone I say to you, HERE WE GO!!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
User Banned (3 Weeks): Antagonizing another user across multiple posts, prior bans for similar behavior
This is unnecessary. Men can be Steves or whatever there's no need to add female hair as if what he's doing now is some women thing.

Great way to justify the stupid complaints about the term too.

Weird thing to clutch your pearls about.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
What a chickenshit. And he was too cheap and lazy to get @donaldtrump so he uses the cheesy-ass @realdonaldtrump, corny as hell.
Too bad @jackboot won't ban his ass, he brings in too many eyeballs and ad revenue.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
It is a stunt - and if it were any other president, he'd take the L because escalating and not letting it go would create a political and constitutional crisis, so while the law is exquisitely clear to everyone I say to you, HERE WE GO!!
What is the order?

Who enforces it?

Since the FCC can't just ban Twitter from the web, I'm not sure how this can be anything other than an Order making a Commission to Study the Awful No Good Very Bad Censorship of Conservatives on the Internet run by Kris Kobach and Jared Kushner.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Please slap the Get Facts About this Subject on the tweet this turd sends out when he signs this

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
embarrassing piece of shit.

he's more outraged by being fact checked about something he's 100000000% wrong about then people getting murdered by cops. not to mention a killer virus out there wiping out 100k americans in a few months.

how he gets any support at this point, as he's becoming completely and utterly unhinged says everything you need to know about the gop and those ppl

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this in the replies (I know it was a mistake to read them):

They're not allowed to be partisan as a platform? "Sued for bias"? Uh huh. This is how these people think. Calling out liars is apparently partisan. Sorry, but it's not just a coincidence that the conservatives are so into lying.

Because when they lie, it's called an opinion. If truth is relative, they can say what they want. If someone says something they don't want to hear, they are labeled "the other side". There are always two sides to a story, right!

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm not taking this lightly, he's got a supreme court that will rubber stamp anything he does, and it'll take months to years into his second term for it to actually get to them to even consider. (Assuming a second term because the election is going to be rigged.)

Imagine, looking at the elections since 2016 combined with the continued ineptitude of everything Trump has done and thinking that there's any chance in hell that Trump will be able to do anything to avoid his ass getting kicked.

The only big worry is what he does between election day and Biden's inauguration.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Last I checked, I woke up in America.
I used to work in retail, and my retort to asshole customers who would bring out that chestnut was to point to the door and say "No, that out there is America. You want to go out there and stomp your feet, go nuts. This is a business with policies you'll follow or you get booted out."

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
A fact check label is the mildest possible thing these companies could do without ignoring conservative malfeasance entirely, and they still go into a mad, frothing fury. Appeasement never works.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing to clutch your pearls about.

Not really you don't need to literally dress a white supremacist man up as a woman to shit on him

There's no guarantee his hand picked judges don't just give him what he orders, Constitution be damned. It's basically will Roberts care enough deal. Like there's actually a lot of glib responses here to what is potentially a catastrophic threat if the right (wrong) people in the justice system rule on it. I think using a specific meme so casually detracts from that.

Mixing the very real threat with ha ha ha Trump is such a white woman right now... is pretty darn stupid.

Like the meme actually becomes sexist when you start implying that the behaviour is inherently female. Which is what calling Trump a man Karen and putting women's hair on him is doing. Let's not o actually ruin a good meme.

Last edited:

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yes yes whine some more. Seems like a lot of people are getting tired of his shit. I think covid19 broke the camel's back because all the polling shows that the more he whines, deflects and doesn't take responsibility,the lower he gets on the polls. It's pretty remarkable to see the sudden drops especially when his numbers have been stable throughout his presidency.

He is basically just confirming what everyone already thinks when he acts this way. Biden apologizing on his gaffe right away and actually looking presidential on Monday is probably not helping Trump's numbers either.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the executive order is something along the lines of,"Don't make fun of me on social media!"

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the order?

Who enforces it?

Since the FCC can't just ban Twitter from the web, I'm not sure how this can be anything other than an Order making a Commission to Study the Awful No Good Very Bad Censorship of Conservatives on the Internet run by Kris Kobach and Jared Kushner.

I have no idea what he'll attempt- only that he won't let it go even if it means misapplying some emergency FCC wartime level craziness. If your point is that there's literally nothing obvious or rationally legal he can do then I'm not actually disagreeing with you - just saying that he's going to do something stupid and destructive and try to use presidential authority or senate majority to try it.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what he'll attempt- only that he won't let it go even if it means misapplying some emergency FCC wartime level craziness. If your point is that there's literally nothing obvious or rationally legal he can do then I'm not actually disagreeing with you - just saying that he's going to do something stupid and destructive and try to use presidential authority or senate majority to try it.
Agreed, so I'm really interested to see this play out

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way the Supreme Court would have his back on this (assuming it's something that prevents Twitter from fact checking him).

Unless the order is to nationalize Twitter or something, in which case yeah still nah.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way the Supreme Court would have his back on this (assuming it's something that prevents Twitter from fact checking him).

Unless the order is to nationalize Twitter or something, in which case yeah still nah.

there's no way the Supreme Court would interfere to guarantee one party the election and presidency and there's no way they'd force people to vote in person if a real ROSk of death was involved either.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
there's no way the Supreme Court would interfere to guarantee one party the election and presidency and there's no way they'd force people to vote in person if a real ROSk of death was involved either.
This isn't the same. The Roberts court is notoriously pro-business, and especially through the lens of the First Amendment. This would be 9-0 against Trump.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this ever worked itself to the Supreme Court it wouldn't happen before the election.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys think it's stupid because it'll be thrown out, but they know that it'll cost Twitter to fight it and spook their investors. It's not about the freedom of speech, it's about sending a message.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You guys think it's stupid because it'll be thrown out, but they know that it'll cost Twitter to fight it and spook their investors. It's not about the freedom of speech, it's about sending a message.
Or they don't fight it and just see what happens? What can Trump honestly do?
Worst case Twitter moves their servers and headquarters to a different country and Trump can't touch them

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Seems like some people maybe missed the news that twitter added a disclaimer to some of his tweets about mail in voting something like "get the facts about mail in voting here". He's pissed about it apparently. Lol. Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.