• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
given the white house is actually harassing a twitter employee, i totally could see twitter saying fuck it and doing something more drastic to his account.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know this won't happen, but if Twitter just deletes his account in response, good lord that would be incredible.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
How funny would it be if this causes his supporters to leave Twitter and FB in support of him LOL

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Saw on Twitter that it will be signed tomorrow

Which probably means they don't actually have anything planned, and now need to scramble to get some gibberish together.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Jack Dorsey in the complicated position of still not agreeing with everyone that said Trump's presence and use of the platform was dangerous, but still dismissing them as liberal hacks that want to stifle free speech; also, Trump very visibly dangerous now.

but ok, this is how the world works now I guess. I feel like it's not just Trump that feels like a hard slide to the right, which is making this grow even more frustrating by the day.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Saw this in the replies (I know it was a mistake to read them):
Twitter, as a platform, is not allowed to become one-sided or partisan. They fact-checked Trump but none of the Russia collusion hoaxers (Schiff). they've turned themselves into a publisher not a platform. They couldn't get sued for bias as a platform, but can now as a publisher.

They're not allowed to be partisan as a platform? "Sued for bias"? Uh huh. This is how these people think. Calling out liars is apparently partisan. Sorry, but it's not just a coincidence that the conservatives are so into lying.

Oct 28, 2017
michael-keaton.gif

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I would absolutely love to read this "executive" "order. " Ban his account Twitter, do it you cowards!

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Not that this is going to amount to anything, but if it's anything substantial, how would they even be able to enforce it for people not living in the US?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on what he is trying to do I highly doubt it happens. Even with the Court in his pocket there are plenty of Republican voters who wouldn't be ok with this.
I don't buy this for a second. You gotta remember the main play of of republicans online is that they are always the victim no matter what bullshit they do.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Does he really want to get into war with Twitter, which he needs more than they need him?

OP
OP
Orayn

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Dorsey in the complicated position of still not agreeing with everyone that said Trump's presence and use of the platform was dangerous, but still dismissing them as liberal hacks that want to stifle free speech; also, Trump very visibly dangerous now.

but ok, this is how the world works now I guess. I feel like it's not just Trump that feels like a hard slide to the right, which is making this grow even more frustrating by the day.
Jack is a fascist sympathizer, he fucking loves Trump. Everything that Twitter's done that even slightly inconvenienced Trump has been against his wishes.

Oct 25, 2017
What does the order say?
And will he make a big show of it like he does with many of his other executive orders?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Depending on what he is trying to do I highly doubt it happens. Even with the Court in his pocket there are plenty of Republican voters who wouldn't be ok with this.
The only thing Republican voters care about is Trump winning and hurting people beneath them. Literally nothing else.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy this for a second. You gotta remember the main play of of republicans online is that they are always the victim no matter what bullshit they do.
No, I know. Acting like this is everyone else's fault but his is always his strategy so I doubt that changes. I just don't know if the republicans who aren't hardcore trump diehards will be alright about taking action against the freeze peach.

I should also preface and say this is my hope. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed in humanity if something actually happens with this.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They didn't even silence him or delete his tweet...just called him out on shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.