• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Everybody came in here to bash, but if it is the emergency authorization of the blood plasma therapy, that actually is a good thing.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
maybe it's homoeopathy.
If it is going to be oleandrin, it manages to be worse. While homeopathy dilutes its deadly poisons down to harmless doses and thus supplies a placebo with its snake oil approach, these new and bold Trumpian approaches just go for a full dose of the poison, cutting out that h2o middle man entirely and focussing on the nutritious undiluted snake venom instead!!

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody came in here to bash, but if it is the emergency authorization of the blood plasma therapy, that actually is a good thing.

Would it be? Is there any good data showing it to be a "breakthrough". I mean I guess I shouldn't phrase that as a question as I know the answer is that there isn't good data on it yet and advertising it as breakthrough before that data comes out is more bullshit

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
"In terms of "breakthrough"therapeutic (convalescent plasma had previousy been in emergency use), the only "legit" thing that I can thing of within this time frame, are monoclonal antibodies. However, from a scientific, theraputic and practical time point, I can't imagine such a therapy going into wide use this year, and certainly not at a remotely, reasonable cost. Even if it were tried and proven, right now, scale up and distribution, would be the limiting factor.

Also it needs to be said, that just yesterday, trump was blasting the FDA as part of the "Deep state" and today he's going to on the stage with the FDA comissioner? What trump does not have the capability to understand, is that this effort takes planning ,intensive effort and time. It's not a PR/media problem

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine if we actually had leadership who cared enough and would actually be willing to give the public regular updates on the current data on therapeutics instead of this complete bullshit?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hot shotting something that will get people killed, most likely.

It's probably the My Pillow Guy poison plant thing.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Would it be? Is there any good data showing it to be a "breakthrough". I mean I guess I shouldn't phrase that as a question as I know the answer is that there isn't good data on it yet and advertising it as breakthrough before that data comes out is more bullshit

The reports I've read have been promising. Our local hospital has been using it to good effect.

Do you actually believe that is what he is going to tout?

I don't--thats why I said "IF it is the blood plasma therapy."

Oct 27, 2017
As I've said before, if the FDA does another "emergency approval" like they did with hydroxychloroquine, STEER CLEAR.

Unless it gets normal FDA approval, it's going to be untested bunk.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
According to the article the reason it was placed on hold by the FDA is because the data available was not conclusive on its effectiveness. We don't need our doctors being pressured into wasting time and resources giving patients unproven remedies... again.

Trump actually pretending to care whether people live or dies when he won't even sign off on a mask mandate is absurd.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ĀæWho's the dying company that's being saved now? ĀæK-mart?, ĀæSears?, ĀæSubway?.

Prepare for your COVID cure in the form of a 12 inch sandwich, or a mattress with magical powers.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
With Hydro, UV light, bleach, does this admin have any creditability left? I would suggest for the US to wait on more trustworthy countries like New Zealand and Canada to announce a treatment.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he held up a box of Lucky Charms at one of his briefings.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Is incredible how with any other president the headline "US president announces breakthrough therapy for pandemic" would have been amazing news and a reason to be genuinely happy, and now we are all like "meh, he is probably going to tell us to drink bleach".

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
It's going to be one or more of the following :
* Bullshit
* A drug that has no proven advantage, but he's got personal business interests in
* Bullshit
* Announcing he's buying vaccines/medicines/drugs from Putin
* Bullshit
* Taking personal credit for some small breakthrough that is in its very early stages and needs testing
* Bullshit.

Does anyone really think Trump has anything useful to say on this? At all? Doctors could create a foolproof cure that would guarantee that the virus would be banished on a global scale and Trump would somehow stop it from happening.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to know the therapeutic cure, I just want to know which of his cronies have stake in the company producing / facilitating this.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"In terms of "breakthrough"therapeutic (convalescent plasma had previousy been in emergency use), the only "legit" thing that I can thing of within this time frame, are monoclonal antibodies. However, from a scientific, theraputic and practical time point, I can't imagine such a therapy going into wide use this year, and certainly not at a remotely, reasonable cost. Even if it were tried and proven, right now, scale up and distribution, would be the limiting factor.

Also it needs to be said, that just yesterday, trump was blasting the FDA as part of the "Deep state" and today he's going to on the stage with the FDA comissioner? What trump does not have the capability to understand, is that this effort takes planning ,intensive effort and time. It's not a PR/media problem

His only concern is that he wants to spend his convention declaring victory

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's him, not necessarily the what in this scenario.

As me and other have stated. Why isn't the FDA out here providing guidance, studies, information on this? Why does it have to be a REVEAL from him?

He is knowingly playing this up at the detriment to peoples health by making it political.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Is incredible how with any other president the headline "US president announces breakthrough therapy for pandemic" would have been amazing news and a reason to be genuinely happy, and now we are all like "meh, he is probably going to tell us to drink bleach".

They either had something and let people die to use it for political gain when needed.

Or it's bleach.

Literally only two options.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Honestly, it's him, not necessarily the what in this scenario.

As me and other have stated. Why isn't the FDA out here providing guidance, studies, information on this? Why does it have to be a REVEAL from him?

He is knowingly playing this up at the detriment to peoples health by making it political.
Ratings are all that really matter to Trump in life. Stay tuned for the next episode!