• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
He's not the first to call Covid-19 an invisible enemy, pretty sure Macron did too among others. I don't see the big deal and this is coming from someone who hates the man. Still batshit crazy to NOW close immigration I mean what? With 40k+ deaths who wants to go there?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing on the news where people have been suggesting he should have shut down our borders when this thing started to kick off. I'm 99% sure those same people will call it racist now.

Setting aside the rest of your post for a moment: The virus is already here. We're soaking in it. Shutting the borders ever would have been a dumb step. Shutting the borders now accomplishes nothing except to make it clear to his supporters that this is a foreign virus that he's protecting Americans from.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
So, why does this matter though? Seems like something most countries would be doing in the middle of a pandemic.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
So um as someone who's just about to send my application for citizenship (I have a green card) will I be affected in any way? Will citizenship be put on hold for me or is it ok cause I'm already a resident?

???

Don't worry, the responsible departments are just as confused as you are.

(I'm very sorry)

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Back to the Greatest Hits collection: blame every other race, religion and nationality.

His cult will eat it up.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Setting aside the rest of your post for a moment: The virus is already here. We're soaking in it. Shutting the borders ever would have been a dumb step. Shutting the borders now accomplishes nothing except to make it clear to his supporters that this is a foreign virus that he's protecting Americans from.

So if we prevented people from countries that are facing what we are, you think that wouldn't help prevent it from potentially getting worse?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he's talking about "protecting jobs" should tell people what this is really about.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My application for Green card is already with uscis... was already called for an interview but whole thing is obviously delayed. So I'm guessing this is bad for me...

I hate this... thing so much.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
WE LOST YOU WITH THIS CURRENT COVID NIGHTMARE.

But don't worry, we are going deep into the discography for some of Trump's greatests hits!

Next up, a crowd favorite immigration! *roars*
Right after that, maybe a little Hilary. WHO WANTS SOME HILARY *roars*

Funny thing is, this won't work. Dude could build the wall, 'shoot some on 5th ave!', etc. Covid is the leading cause of American death as of today, those are where the ratings are champ, and its not a good look

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
There was surely a lot of research and thought put into this, and it totally won't get reversed by a federal court within the next few days.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So if we prevented people from countries that are facing what we are, you think that wouldn't help prevent it from potentially getting worse?

No, not really. Legal immigration is a much smaller number of people than you likely think it is. This is a purely symbolic move to further push Americans toward xenophobia.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We're the ones exporting the virus at this point. It's insane to think immigrants are bringing the virus any more than community spread and fucking idiots who went on cruises and vegas trips despite all warnings about it being a threat were out there. THis is just an excuse to be a racist sack of shit. He's acting like immigration is to blame, when it's not and it's already here. I don't know how hard it would be to screen people/quarantine for 14 days if they are immigrating, if you even want to go to that drastic of a step. But completely shutting it down is just racist bullshit. He's trying to scapegoat other countries/immigrants for the virus so when it inevitably gets worse due to his incompetence he'll have more blame to pass around.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
For god's sake, at least don't suspend the non-immigration visa. J1 Trainee is pretty much my last hope at this point.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
First it was a hoax, because he's xenophobic and china had to be making it up to sabotage the US somehow
Then it was the "chinese virus" that he "knew before anyone else", because his massive, fragile ego needed another helping of lies with a big dollop of racism on top
Then it wasn't his responsibility when people started dying from his inaction, because he can't take responsibility for anything he does
Then he wanted to open the economy up again while people are dying, saying that the economy is worth more than people's lives, because he's a conservative dipshit who cares more about money
Now he's closing borders for an "Invisible Enemy", because he's still a racist piece of shit

He's shown every step of the way how unfit he is to handle literally anything

And nothing will fucking change because he appeals to idiots just like himself

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

The US is a major vector for a lot of other countries lol. This isn't going to do shit. If anything every other countries need to suspend entry from people coming from the US.

Also the immigration process =/= actually entering the country + there are quarantine protocols in place already.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
199ihir9nb185jpg.jpg

Perfect.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I did it first, on April 20th. Everyone said it was a dumb idea but I did it.

<camera pans to mental hospital nurse administering Trump's injections>

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No, not really. Legal immigration is a much smaller number of people than you likely think it is. This is a purely symbolic move to further push Americans toward xenophobia.

Maybe I'm not informed enough on it. However, I can agree with the latter part of your post. I put nothing past Trump.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell is trying to get in right now?
For a lot of people it is a really long and expensive process to get into the United States. You usually don't get to pick and choose when you want to come. When you get your papers you have to get your ass over here.

Also, a lot of people are applying for children, spouses, parents, etc. They want them here ASAP.

I am actually ok with greatly limiting international and even national travel. Again it could be solved with a little foresight. Just make everyone take tests up the ass before and after they travel, with a quarantine if you test positive.

But instead we have to go full stupid because thats just how we do.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i wonder if he'll try and fuck with the immigration/nationality act... that's the real white supremacist/nationalist wet dream