• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Aside from Garth, are there any country music stars that actually support democratic nominees? I would assume all of them would support Trump in order to appease their redneck fanbases.
Dixie Chicks went hard against bush and it pretty much killed their careers. However I think there are a couple of them that support Democrats but keep it low key

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Dixie Chicks went hard against bush and it pretty much killed their careers. However I think there are a couple of them that support Democrats but keep it low key

They now claim Austin as their hometown probably due to that, so I call it a win.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017

The "stay in your lane, keep your politics to yourself" attitude to anyone mildly famous making a comment on anything is so ridiculous, as if they aren't allowed to have personal opinions or care about things like basic human rights. Unsurprisingly, it is almost always spouted off by conservatives/far-right nuts who naturally have no issue with anyone famous supporting views similar to their own.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't mad because they think it's a Bernie Sanders endorsement, they're mad because Barry Sanders is black.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
I saw Garth in concert back in 2016 and it was one of the greatest fucking concerts I have ever seen. Right next to Jay-z/ Kanye

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
No joke even if you're not a fan go watch Garth in concert. My sister dragged me to his show and it was legitimately amazing. Dude is an entertainer 100%

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Garth almost certainly is not pro-Trump, so they're in for disappointment either way.

As far as mainstream artists, most just kind of don't say much about politics but support some progressive initiatives from time to time, or contribute to Democrat campaigns. Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire, for instance, love being gay icons and have contributed to pro-LGBT causes, but I don't think they've actively endorsed any politician in the last couple of decades. Willie Nelson has publicly denounced Trump and has two anti-Trump songs that I know of, and he strongly backed Beto in the past.

Tim McGraw once surprisingly said "It's innate in me to be a blue-dog Democrat. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but that's what I am. My wife and I and our family will do everything we can to support Obama. I like his ideas, I like his energy, and I like the statement he would make for our country to the world." I'm kind of surprised his fanbase just kind of forgot.

If you get into indie and alternative country, you're going to find a lot of left leaning artists. Jason Isbell being probably the most obvious one. Most of his songs have politically charged lyrics, and he's very active on Twitter voicing his opinion.
A lot of them are much more liberal in private. Hard to go around the world and see people from all different walks of life and stay conservative.

Brad Paisley is certainly liberal. Wheelhouse is all about getting out of your comfort zone.
Tim and Brad is legitimately shocking the hell out of me. Anyone know if Eric Church is? Not into country and was dragged to see him with some family and he was actually really good live. I just hope he's not an asshole.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
I somehow wonder if he wore that Barry Sanders jersey just to show how stupid people were. I might need to buy one now.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Aside from Garth, are there any country music stars that actually support democratic nominees? I would assume all of them would support Trump in order to appease their redneck fanbases.

Billy Ray Cyrus comes to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Being in that position means that you're exposed to significantly more people, cultures, ideas, etc than the typical dipshit rural Trump voter, and that often results in support for democrats.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I'm European... so I'm a little confused. Is this as stupid as it seems?

The Trump supporter thinks Garth Brooks has a Bernie Sanders shirt on?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sidetracking but Garth Brooks is like a phantom musician to me, I cannot recall anything by him, I cannot recall how he even looks, yet he is apparently one of the most successful musicians ever.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to think of the statement he was making last year while playing in Pittsburgh...

Garth%2BBrooks1.jpg
Fucking yikes.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Sidetracking but Garth Brooks is like a phantom musician to me, I cannot recall anything by him, I cannot recall how he even looks, yet he is apparently one of the most successful musicians ever.
Garth Brooks is a phantom, a spectre, an idea that exists simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. He is the tune you cant quite identify that plays incessantly in the back of your mind, while also being the ageless traveling bard that sells out venues wherever he performs. He dances at the edge of your perception, and in that moment of mad clarity where your senses are finally able to focus upon and realize his true countenance, he will simply morph into another form and retreat once again into the dark recesses of your mind, forever the unquantifiable face of that which limited, human minds have resigned themselves to identify as "pop-country-music".
iFYlP.jpg

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the Twitter comments and the people that made them, they always resemble the same. Grumpy, old, white ass men.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I've always said that too. Dude is one of the most successful American musicians of all time, and I grew up in the 90's in an area of Canada dominated by Country Music, and I could not name a single Garth Brooks song. He is to me, what probably the Grateful Dead is to country music fans.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Garth Brooks is a phantom, a spectre, an idea that exists simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. He is the tune you cant quite identify that plays incessantly in the back of your mind, while also being the ageless traveling bard that sells out venues wherever he performs. He dances at the edge of your perception, and in that moment of mad clarity where your senses are finally able to focus upon and realize his true countenance, he will simply morph into another form and retreat once again into the dark recesses of your mind, forever the unquantifiable face of that which limited, human minds have resigned themselves to identify as "pop-country-music".
iFYlP.jpg

Why did you post a picture of Chris Gaines? Everyone knows him and his smash hits.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a minute to even figure out what the hell was going on. Why would they...you know what it's not even worth the brain cells.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I saw Garth in concert back in 2016 and it was one of the greatest fucking concerts I have ever seen. Right next to Jay-z/ Kanye
I hate country music with a passion, but Garth Brooks is a goddamned showman. My sister went to one of his concerts back in like 90 and also got the concert video. That shit was insane and would still be by todays standards. So yeah I hate country music but I fuck with Garth.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden gonna do a passing play against Bernie on 4th down in the superbowl with Beast Mode Klobuchar standing right there.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
People inserting Bernie in for Barry should reconsider. Barry was one of if not the greatest RB's ever.........but he never won the big game.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I guess most of these people now are insisting that Bernie Sanders is a football player, and the other guy who actually is a football player is fake news invented by the biased liberal media, and doesn't even exist?

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised that Republican Twitter completely missed the mark here, but the memes that have sprouted because of it have been fantastic.