• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno. I'm just saying and not really caring anymore as an outsider.

Never said this. Go vote, it's your privilege but just don't expect shit to change, with how broken everything is in your country and how that conservative and equally power-hungry democratic party wants to maintain its power.
Yea...sorry but you're just in the wrong here.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are not caring, then why the fuck are you in this thread?
"not really caring anymore"
Just tried of the US political system and how that shit effects the whole world and how you can't escape all that even on the other side of the world. I would be all in for fixing your shit, but I don't see this happening with just voring. That's all.

But please, continue talking about the topic before this all derails

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Bum rush past them, and if they try to fight back, knock them the fuck out.

Or watch them scatter like cockroaches if a whole bunch of black people showed up

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
👆🏻

I know it wouldn't help. But I get the emotion of it. These people are legit enemies of 'the people' at this point.
If they keep pushing, that's what it will eventually come to. Not saying it will go well, but the right has already been commiting a lot of political violence, and it has gone mainstream with them. I hope we can turn things around before things blow up entirely, and get enough of them to back off. Not confident though.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Were they actually blocking people from going in or were they just being incredibly annoying and obnoxious to people coming in to vote?

Regardless, this won't be a good sign for November. I recall in 2016 there were people showing up with guns to monitor lines and no one did anything about it. I fully expect some horrible shit to go down on Election Day.

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried of the US political system and how that shit effects the whole world and how you can't escape all that even on the other side of the world. I would be all in for fixing your shit, but I don't see this happening with just voring. That's all.

We're trying to do something, don't come tell people that what they're doing won't make a difference, that's just trash to come in here and say. It starts here, no one said this is where it ends.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Never said this. Go vote, it's your privilege but just don't expect shit to change, with how broken everything is in your country and how that conservative and equally power-hungry democratic party wants to maintain its power.

That's a cynical and potentially very dangerous point of view...

"Nothing will change, nobody can do anything, let's do nothing"

People right now need the exact opposite of the attitude you're displaying.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood how it's legal to have anything that is even remotely close to campaigning any candidate on a polling site premises.

As others stated it's not, you aren't even allowed to wear anything campaign related. All of them should be cited but because they are fucking white they get away with everything. The governors should come out on tv and remind people about the laws because these MAGA assholes just don't fucking get it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Were they actually blocking people from going in or were they just being incredibly annoying and obnoxious to people coming in to vote?

Regardless, this won't be a good sign for November. I recall in 2016 there were people showing up with guns to monitor lines and no one did anything about it. I fully expect some horrible shit to go down on Election Day.

Either way, its illegal, most states (if not all states) have laws about this. You can't harass, do this stuff within XYZ feet of the polling station etc.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Things will be worse for the whole world if Trump wins. Did you not see his potential nuke plans?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This has been their gameplan since it became obvious back in June: destabilize public trust in institutions (voting/mail in voting), galvanize the base (demonizing protests, antifa, praise the Kenosha shooter), and pave the way to a win through manipulating gerrymandered state legislations, the DoJ, and conservative judges. Theyll hammer through a 3rd Trump SCOTUS justice who is a woman so they can justify destroying Roe v Wade and their fascism to their base and, once again, use the shittiness of the chaotic situation THEY have fabricated to keep Liberals and the left on the defensive. Their supporters will show up and intimidate voters and the cops will do nothing because the GOP has made clear aligned interests with a "law and order" police state which, once again, solidifies and justifis the ideology theyre feeding their base. Theyre trying to do the same shit they did in 2000, and theyre not going to even try to lie about it.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I thought these people believed in law and order.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Now on the topic of violence, I want to remind people that they weaponized a pandemic, and continue to do so. It has cost about 200,000 American lives (the lowball eetimate) with a lot more to come, and caused permanent damage to who knows how many others.

They intentionally thought they could kill people mainly in blue states because they lacked the brains to understand the exponential rate these things spread at, and that viruses don't give a shit about borders on a map. They lie about the virus every day, and even taunt us over it.

It's mass murder.

The political violence is already here, it's just very one sided.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Now on the topic of violence, I want to remind people that they weaponized a pandemic, and continue to do so. It has cost about 200,000 American lives (the lowball eetimate) with a lot more to come, and caused permanent damage to who knows how many others.

They intentionally thought they could kill people mainly in blue states because they lacked the brains to understand the exponential rate these things spread at, and that viruses don't give a shit about borders on a map. They lie about the virus every day, and even taunt us over it.

It's mass murder.

The political violence is already here, it's just very one sided.

yep their violence just isn't always visible and bloody.They have been violent for decades.

pollo

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh Fairfax police would definitely do something about this. They wouldn't allow this fuckery to happen

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
200.gif

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can't actually tell what's happening in those videos other than a crowd of Trump idiots being obnoxious. If they are physically blocking people from entering to go vote then they can get fucked.

Oct 27, 2017

If votes weren't suppressed and more people were allowed to vote and be represented, more would be fixed. Which is entirely on topic for what happened there today. It just happened to occur outside in full view instead of a closed-door purge of voter rolls or a quiet decrease in the number of polling places.

You know, in the past twelve hours, we have heard sitting elected representatives in the US calling for expanding the Supreme court, that we never would have heard this from before. The pressures and protests the past few years have been working. So this "more than voting" is already happening. Keep looking out for it.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Fuck all the "just push past them" or "just go around them" comments. Yes, I get that you feel that effort needs to be put in, and that's a good thing, but not everybody is you. This behavior is going to dissuade people who may not care as strongly as you but would still vote for Biden, or those who may have legitimate reason to physically fear a large crowd of shithead white trash who may be armed and looking for an excuse.

And you need those people if you're going to win.

I can't believe people are still credulously posting stuff like "they can't do that, that's illegal!", too.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
If this was anti-Trump protesters the police would have brought out the tear gas, kettled them, beat them, and arrested them en masse.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Don't these people have jobs to go to?
Probably not judging by a lot of the Trump supporters I've interacted with, they're another example of the projecting "Conservatives" do.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
If this was anti-Trump protesters the police would have brought out the tear gas, kettled them, beat them, and arrested them en masse.

Seriously. Why haven't they lost any organs/had a car run them over when that seems to be what happens at protests? One of life's great mysteries.

We gotta beat these fuckers.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you say this is illegal are we talking about 'Go to jail' illegal, or 'jay-walking' illegal?

And yes I do understand that looking to the police to enforce these laws is very very silly. Just curious about the legality.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can governors call the national guard to maintain polling stations on election night?

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Must protect privilege and fascism at all cost.