• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's admin's ability to get even basic shit accomplished is hindered and severely weakened by Trump himself. I don't expect Easy D to be able to pull off a power grab like this when the majority of US citizens are against him even having a second term. He's burned too many bridges and can't even push for a quid pro quo from another leader without fucking it up entirely for himself. Trump's main desire is to keep his pride and inflated ego intact for as long as possible, not necessarily to be POTUS for as long as possible. His self centered nature is a double edged sword and that's a key reason why I think his presidency has been a failure. It's why he's going to lose an election* in which he had the potential to win, if only he behaved more like a professional and ethical leader.

*Biden's lead has been commanding and consistant. Biden only has to not fuck this up.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
If he wins, he'll have successfully stolen the election. So then, appoint a couple more SC justices, and who knows what's possible. Might take a few murders to solidify power. You know he's just itching to join the dictator's club.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at the people quoting how to amend the Constitution. Yes, we know it's impossible these days. Impossible, that is, to do it properly. Trump shits on the Constitution daily. The Constitution says he can't profit from his office in various ways. He does it anyway. The Constitution says people have the right to assemble. He sics his ICE goons on them anyway. His Muslim ban is still in effect, right now, and is unconstitutional. It's gimped, and had to be re-worded to get through, but it's still unconstitutional.

And there's the rub - if the courts say it's okay, then it doesn't matter what the fuck the Constitution says. If Trump wants a 3rd term, he doesn't have to change the Constitution. He just needs the Supreme Court to say it's okay. Can that happen? Who knows? Probably depends on whether Trump's legal team can come up with an argument that they can stomach. Make up some phony reason why the 22nd amendment is invalid. Claim it never passed correctly. Whatever.

Or maybe just threaten, or murder, any justice who opposes him. In a 2nd term, he's got nothing to lose. Look at what he's already willing to do.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, never mind. Who knows what nonsense will occur by 2024.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
He's said this a bunch of times, basically "my first four years were wasted with Russia witch-hunts" or whatever. It's incredibly dumb but his equally dumb supporters eat it up. For people that claim to like freedom they sure do seem to want an aristocracy.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
People need to stop dismissing this with the "its in the constituion" shit and take this insane fucker seriously.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
People need to stop dismissing this with the "its in the constituion" shit and take this insane fucker seriously.
He just says stuff like this to get a rise out of people and make people cheer at his rallies. When it comes down to it he's a fucking coward who is going to make his final steps out of the White House with his tail between his legs.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
He just says stuff like this to get a rise out of people and make people cheer at his rallies. When it comes down to it he's a fucking coward who is going to make his final steps out of the White House with his tail between his legs.

Yeah... that's what people thought of his wall. He's already wasted a shit ton of money trying to make it. Quit trying to play it off as a joke. Trump says this stuff seriously.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
Think conservatives will ever look back at him as the fascist he was? Or will they try to bury this BS?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Yet Era members keep on telling me I'm full of shit that he'll make himself President for Life if he wins. But I honestly believe he'll do it.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I'm legit worried about the couple of months between Trump losing and Biden being sworn. I hope I'm wrong, but I think shit is going to go down.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about institutions such as the US Constitution is that they don't protect us—we have to protect them. As long as congress and the courts ignore it, the constitution is a bunch of words on a page.

Fascists rely on people assuming that nothing will change while they work behind the scenes to maintain and consolidate power.

Aug 27, 2018
Trump is a wanna-be dictator attempting to turn this country in to a fascist nation, he and the rest of the republicans will work toward this if he is reelected. Please go vote.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
How will he make this happen? What's the play? Just drive tanks down the streets and do it by force?

He could {shrugs} but I'm sure he could persuade the government to vote for a President running for 4 terms and he's not beyond vote rigging. If he lived much longer (he's old) he could quite easily keep on pushing for longer and longer, we all know his cult would welcome it and I'm sure his secret police would help squash any protestors.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Notice how he keeps saying "we", that clever pos. So if anyone calls him out on it, he'd probably say he was referring to his party..

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
How will he make this happen? What's the play? Just drive tanks down the streets and do it by force?

No, by incrementally chipping away at our norms and laws. Just as he's done the past four years. It's like a frog in boiling water; democracy will fade slowly, one tweet at a time. And before you realize it, it's done.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
You all thinking the constitution matters to Trump, Mitch, Republicans, at all.

They have violated it countless times, a ridiculous amount of times, and it has barely mattered or caused any significant outrage.

IF Trump manages to win, steal, or cheat this election, you better believe for damn sure he and everyone else will do whatever it takes to keep him, or his family in power for good.

Him talking about 4 more years, having a do-over is NOT a joke.

Let's hope the people turn out for Biden and there's not enough voting shenanigans to help Trump win.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm buying some of y'all a beer the day this man drops from a not-so-mini stroke.
A literal dictator was elected and the Republican Cult supports and enables him. Literally saving the United States from fascism is on the ballot. No pressure.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
His rallies recently have been pretty astounding. Nearly everything out of his mouth would be a week long scandal in normal times. Now he says that shit a few times a week and people shrug.
I've been staying up to hate watch from the UK for months now, it's grimly fascinating to behold these people act like trump is a literal saviour, and to see him react to whatever horrid thing had been uncovered that day.

EZ Biden win asked earlier in the year. I'm faltering now :/
I think whatever is in the news come election week is going to play a big part in the result.
Honestly shitting myself in the UK lol I can't imagine how tense it must be stateside.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I get the feeling we've already had our last real vote for president in 2012 and maybe 2016 (though I doubt 2016 was legit due to evidence it wasn't). They'll probably keep the constitution in place to maintain the illusion of the US. But from November on, it's full on fascism. Expect them to start with making protesting illegal. Possibly allowing for roving alt-right militia to fire on protestors with coordination from the police.

If you really doubt this as a possibility, remember that if Trump loses he'll be facing possibly hundreds of criminal charges. Some of which he can't be pardoned from. He has every reason to do everything he can to stay in power because the alternative is living the rest of his life in prison. The same goes for some of the senators, DoJ, etc that have been backing his blatantly illegal moves. (and also the police already coordinate with alt-right militia to for now harass protestors).

I don't mean to fear monger, but this is what I see as realistic at this point. Not even dramatic. Scary times we live in.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I get the feeling we've already had our last real vote for president in 2012 and maybe 2016 (though I doubt 2016 was legit due to evidence it wasn't). They'll probably keep the constitution in place to maintain the illusion of the US. But from November on, it's full on fascism. Expect them to start with making protesting illegal. Possibly allowing for roving alt-right militia to fire on protestors with coordination from the police.

If you really doubt this as a possibility, remember that if Trump loses he'll be facing possibly hundreds of criminal charges. Some of which he can't be pardoned from. He has every reason to do everything he can to stay in power because the alternative is living the rest of his life in prison. The same goes for some of the senators, DoJ, etc that have been backing his blatantly illegal moves. (and also the police already coordinate with alt-right militia to for now harass protestors).

I don't mean to fear monger, but this is what I see as realistic at this point. Not even dramatic. Scary times we live in.
I'm going to reply to you now with "He can't, it's against the consitution" because I guarantee thats what the next reply to you is going to be. thisifine.gif

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
You need to well liked by the people to pull off the power play. He doesn't even have the military support to pull it off. Dictators all needed that kind of support before they went full ham

he's just saying shit to get the news to focus on anything but the stuff that went down this past week. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure deep down he really wants this for the power and shielding. Still, ain't happening. He's too much of an idiot

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
The US political and justice system is already fucked in many ways, but I'd personally still trust their checks & balances for this to be impossible. It won't happen.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Trump with regards to anything the constitution, amended or otherwise, says he can't do:
fetchimage

And the GOP would happily enable him

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is Adolf Hitler holding speeches in pubs except even less obvious.

Noone took him seriously at the time.

Dictators don't joke.
Wasn't Hitler just starting out when doing pub speeches? Trump has that solid fascist base built in now. Feels like we are approaching a Reichstag Fire event.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
You need to well liked by the people to pull off the power play. He doesn't even have the military support to pull it off. Dictators all needed that kind of support before they went full ham

he's just saying shit to get the news to focus on anything but the stuff that went down this past week. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure deep down he really wants this for the power and shielding. Still, ain't happening. He's too much of an idiot
I think what we're seeing is you don't need to outright have popular support to pull off a power play, if he can keep his party the chance the military would kick him out is basically 50/50. If only half the government says a vote is fair, well, that means the other half thinks it wasn't and it's unlikely the military would be the intervening factor in that case. I'm sure if both parties agreed he lost he'd get his ass thrown out of the White House come inauguration day but I don't foresee our military stepping in to do what even half our government wouldn't.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is never joking when he says the things he says. It is pure ignorance on behalf of all of the people saying that he "can't" or "won't" try something. He will and he will he successful if he is elected again. The only thing that would stop this is nation wide uncontrollable riots and him being forceably removed along with his sycophants.

Things are about to get ugly regardless of what the outcome is in November.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
if he faces any consequence for saying that his supporters will be like "WHAT, HE WAS JOKING!"

if he succeeds in officially turning our country into a autocracy and gets another 8 years his supporters will be like "WELL IT'S TRUE HE DESERVES IT"

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
It's crazy how quickly people have become accustomed to this shit.
Exactly, this asshole gets away with so much shit it's unimaginable.

Remember when the world freaked out because Clinton had consensual sex with an intern? This guy was caught on tape saying he grabs women by the pussy and still turned President.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He really thinks he is fucked when out of office doesn't he.

Republicans would love a dictatorship.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wasn't Hitler just starting out when doing pub speeches? Trump has that solid fascist base built in now. Feels like we are approaching a Reichstag Fire event.

That's kind of the point I was poorly trying to get across.
He is doing these "pub speeches" while being the man in charge. Like he is the underdog in a system rigged against him.
It's sickening.

And people STILL aren't taking him at his word. They think they're jokes or embellishment.
This man means what he says.

When did we stop learning from History?
He is using "becoming a dictator 101", and noone seems to notice or care.
It's baffling to me.