• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

a year after a neo-Nazi murdered a woman he still does the "but they had point" both sides bullshit

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
White supremacist is gonna support his kin. They form his voter base. Given how normalized every outrageous thing he and his admin has said and done so far, this too will become water under the bridge for the numb 'muricans.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Look, as an outsider, I don't know who'll win the Dem nomination, but I'm going to at least love the putdowns Biden is going to put on Turnip with stuff like this.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Protested so hard that they mowed down multiple people and killed one. He ain't that fucking great of a general bitch

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Christina Wilkie on Twitter

Trump just took a question on the deadly 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville. "People were there protesting the taking down of the monument to Robert E. Lee, a great general, everybody knows that," Trump says.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not even Lee wanted these things.

At the center of the "Unite the Right" rally that turned deadly in Charlottesville last weekend was a protest of the city's plan to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee. White supremacists, neo-Nazis and others have made monuments to the Confederate commanding general a flashpoint — at times marching to keep them standing.

But Lee himself never wanted such monuments built.

"I think it wiser," the retired military leader wrote about a proposed Gettysburg memorial in 1869, "…not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered."

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
His "fine people" press conference remains the lowest point of his presidency. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to dive into the "Lost Cause" and all the stuff surrounding this, I would recommend people watch the recent PBS 4 hour series title "Reconstruction: America After the Civil War" that just aired and was hosted by Henry Louis Gates. Wonderfully done on a subject rarely touched on in a large majority of our schools.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Lee surrendered. And he was against equality and voting rights for African Americans. So what makes him so great?

How does he make fun of McCain for getting captured and call Lee great for losing the war? I don't get it.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't seen the KKK take back their endorsement from 2016, nothing's changed. You can't change diarrhea of the soul. These people will never change. See you at the polls.

Holden

Oct 25, 2017
Why does the GOP care about a DEMOCRAT slave owner monument? We all know the republicans fought against racism! Oh wait...

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
POLITICO on Twitter
Trump defended his response to the violence in Charlottesville in 2017 when he said there were "very fine people on both sides." He said the was talking about people who "felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee. A great general, whether you like it or not."

Oct 27, 2017
If you wear his fucking hats or put his stickers on your car, you're OK with this. I certainly hope all the worst things in life happen to them.

Make Fascists Afraid Again

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
why the hell does he feel the need to revisit and defend the perpetrators of what was unequivocally a neo nazi rally that ended up in the murder of an innocent woman and violence against many others

david duke isn't gonna get you re-elected fella

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Well, he is a literal fascist. Fuck anyone supporting or even excusing this piece of shit administration. Deplatform, punch, erase.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
"If they like Robert E Lee they can't be all bad!"

When the kindest reading is that you just can't accept that they were Neo Nazis (they were), it's fucking fucked.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as these pieces of shit are practically his heroes and what they were actually protesting about ("The Jews will not replace us!"), how come he doesn't get blasted for anti-Semitism considering we have discovered in recent months that his party has very strong feelings on the matter?

Sigh... just drop dead already you worthless sack of shit.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Robert E Lee was literally waging war against the United States of America. A literal traitor. He didn't commit "light treason". It was full-blown treason.

Like even when you wipe away that he's defending white supremacists, you shouldn't be propping up Robert E Lee.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing because it was the centerpiece of Joe Biden's announcement video.
It was this. Trump got called out once again for defending white supremacists, garbage-tier people where it's insulting to literal trash to dignify their ilk with calling them garbage really, so naturally he was stupid enough to dig the hole even deeper.