• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His rambling recalibration after he said "two million people could have died and nobody would have done anything" was surreal. I'm paraphrasing but I'm new mischaracterizing at all -- He basically on live TV, talked himself out of thinking "nobody would be doing anything about it" as he slowmo "realized" in real time that "well maybe they'd have to do something because people would be dropping dead all over the place... How many dead people have we seen [almost none] but with two million you'd see loads of them [and have to do something I suppose] "

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to just play a video or just pull up one of his tweets from a couple weeks ago? Like, it's right there. Plain as day.

I don't think his base can even process it. If you play it back for them, their brains will literally reinterpret it, and they'll laugh at you as they point out they can clearly hear him saying, "This is real, Democrats, why are you stopping me?!?"

I think they rewrite reality, in real-time, to make sure that whatever they believe is all they see and hear.

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
This strategy might of worked if Trump had not of openly dismissed and denied the virus on live video for months.The clips of him doing this will be played relentlessly for ages to come. Yes, the Trump base will still support him, but depending on the eventual death toll of COVID 19, that base will get smaller and smaller. Even his 'Rally round the flag' poll bump did not amount to much.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I meant like actually play it back, like a recording. I don't think I've ever seen him listen to himself speak these lies and answer directly to them. I mean yeah, I'm sure he'd do the same bullshit but at least his own falsities in voice form would get more coverage.
then cnn and nbc will show it while fox wont. and if fox doesnt show it it didnt happen for his base.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
He has time to waste on this shit instead doing shit that would help people and stem the outbreak. If he doesn't want to be responsible, let someone else do the job as already and get the hell out of the way

May 26, 2018
Well, there's our narrative. It's the official story of America that Trump is the hero who saved millions. Just like Xi saved China.

Guess we just move on and try to survive cause there ain't no stoppin' this train we're on.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Trump or no Trump, this doesn't end.

This is now the nature of American politics. While Republicans are no strangers to lies and misinformation, this shit is something different, and it's not going to moderate itself if/when Trump is gone.

The new normal.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think his base can even process it. If you play it back for them, their brains will literally reinterpret it, and they'll laugh at you as they point out they can clearly hear him saying, "This is real, Democrats, why are you stopping me?!?"

I think they rewrite reality, in real-time, to make sure that whatever they believe is all they see and hear.

"People like you are still living in what we call the reality-based community. You believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you are studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors, and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
I better be seeing ad after ad after ad all year long with his actual words and tweets about how much of a hoax this is, and and much he downplayed it. Dates listed after every word.

Because so many people will believe this narcissists words we have to counter it at every opportunity.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who gives a fuck about his base?
Dems should. It's why Donald is President and not Hillary.

All they have to do if focus on reaching 1% of his base. He lost Wisconsin, Michigan and PA by around 75k votes. Most of his base is going to be absolutely brain dead but if you can flip a few of them, or just make sure no one wastes their vote on COVID-19 or Tiger King, then we won't have to suffer 4 more years.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As infuriating as this is, I'm almost as infuriated at the near complete lack of a spine on the Democratic party.

Like, can you fuckers actually stand up to this monster, please

Oct 27, 2017
"People like you are still living in what we call the reality-based community. You believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality. That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you are studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors, and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

In my head, I always attribute that to Turdflower Rove, but I am too lazy to figure out whether it was him or another one of W's henchmen.

I am always reminded that Rove was working towards a permanent Republican majority. Hubris will always be their downfall. Always

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I would love for this guy to be kept awake at night from the weight of the deaths he's responsible for. But he's definitely not that type.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Then name the people in your administration you wanted you to do nothing and fire them.

If you, the head of your administration, is hiring and paying staff that are advising you to make decisions that result in millions dead against your own judgement, then fire them. Not firing them -- as the chief executive -- makes you complicit in their decision making.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
This is the same guy who wanted people go back to work to save his "economy" and classified his COVID-19 meetings.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Then name the people in your administration you wanted you to do nothing and fire them.

If you, the head of your administration, is hiring and paying staff that are advising you to make decisions that result in millions dead against your own judgement, then fire them. Not firing them -- as the chief executive -- makes you complicit in their decision making.
This... so much of this! WTF... I can't wrap my head around this...

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anecdotal but I have multiple hardcore Trump supporters at work that were talking about how he has fucked up his response today and that they originally thought it was a hoax due to him (and "the media").

Let's see how this plays out in the long run.

OAN was still in full "hoax" mode as of last night... pushing it harder than ever, actually.
We all know how much Trump loves them. Maybe they'll convince him to flip-flop again.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When the positive spin/lie is basically "I hire the worst possible people" then you know a president is in the running for worst of all time.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Is this a new low?

This is so disprovable that I can barely believe it.

I mean I feel like we're closing in on "Who killed Hannibal?" levels of absurdity here.

Oct 26, 2017
media cannot let this obvious gaslighting slide. Man has blood on his hands and is trying to hide them while we are looking right at him.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
so, the issue here is not that he's lieing, but that we don't even have time to dwell on a scandal, before we get introduced to a new thing to be outraged about. you guys remember that this mofo got impeached right? lol.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
His rambling recalibration after he said "two million people could have died and nobody would have done anything" was surreal. I'm paraphrasing but I'm new mischaracterizing at all -- He basically on live TV, talked himself out of thinking "nobody would be doing anything about it" as he slowmo "realized" in real time that "well maybe they'd have to do something because people would be dropping dead all over the place... How many dead people have we seen [almost none] but with two million you'd see loads of them [and have to do something I suppose] "

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I
I
I
ME
ME
ME

Can this motherfucker put his ego down for one god damned minute and actually just do his job without needing a pat on the back and a gold star?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal but I have multiple hardcore Trump supporters at work that were talking about how he has fucked up his response today and that they originally thought it was a hoax due to him (and "the media").

Let's see how this plays out in the long run.

I'm impressed to hear this actually. Why are they admitting there was a discrepancy in what was being said then and now, rather than just insisting that what was said now has always been said and that print, video and other documented evidence was somehow fabricated?

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
6045616_0.jpg

1984 is getting eerily real.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Dems should. It's why Donald is President and not Hillary.

All they have to do if focus on reaching 1% of his base. He lost Wisconsin, Michigan and PA by around 75k votes. Most of his base is going to be absolutely brain dead but if you can flip a few of them, or just make sure no one wastes their vote on COVID-19 or Tiger King, then we won't have to suffer 4 more years.
His base didn't win him the election, a small number of independents in the right states did. You will never win any of his base, they're fanatics, and they're not enough alone to win anything.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate how 'receipts' simply don't apply in internet rhetoric when it comes to Trump. Prove he's lying with every word he says, no one cares.

I hate him so much.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed to hear this actually. Why are they admitting there was a discrepancy in what was being said then and now, rather than just insisting that what was said now has always been said and that print, video and other documented evidence was somehow fabricated?

Because the moderate/conservative-lite fraction of the GOP base and independents, the ones that don't spend every minute ingesting Fox News, actually genuinely believed Trump's claims that it was an exaggeration - because surely even a fuckhead like him wouldn't be so stupidly cavalier over a global plague - and have learned very very harshly that it's real. And they don't benefit from pretending when it doesn't change the fact that everyone's locked indoors and people are fucking dropping like flies.

Oct 26, 2017
Has he actually even done anything yet? I've only seen Mayors and Governors taking action.

he still refuses to use his power to force businesses to sell all necessary items directly to the federal government so that they can be distributed properly. And is not forcing the CDC to enact a rule that allows them to cover all costs for testing and treatment of a pandemic disease. All things that will help slow the spread of disease and help treat those infected.

He's only done harm, even if one person believed him that this was a hoax and died because of it that is infinitely more harmful than any good he may have done since. You don't get to be responsible for people dying and then turn around and say "well I could have killed more".

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too much to expect the media call him out for the liar that he is? There's mountains of proof that he's talking out his arse and he was downplaying it the whole time until very recently.