• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
And to think, Nigel kicked off when Obama mentioned Brexit before the referendum, stating that Obama should keep his nose out. Yet here we are. Nigel Farage taking calls on his radio show from Trump and discussing Brexit.

Leavers were pissed off when Obama chimed in and pointed out that leaving the EU wouldn't be great for the UK, but when Trump chimes in all is good in the world?!

A few choice cuts from talk:

Trump said the US "can't make a trade deal with the UK" under "certain aspects of the deal", despite Johnson's claims it would allow the UK to have an independent trade policy.

Trump told LBC listeners that he was not interested in buying the NHS, and criticised Corbyn as "so bad for your country".

"He'd be so bad, he'd take you in such a bad way. He'd take you into such bad places," he added.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why has Farage been given a weekly paycheque to spout his bullshit over the air unfiltered? How is this even allowed?

I'll get to this Trump shit later.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would be bad for the likes of Trump and the 0.0001% of the population who are like him in a "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" kind of way, to be fair. But yeah, fuck Trump and Farage.

I assume Trump didn't get into policy details and the complexities of governance, and why exactly it would be bad though, right? Yeah, right. As though he knows anything about anything.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Corbyn will be good for the UK. If there's one thing Trump is good for it's a sanity check to make sure you're completely misaligned with his views.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Why has Farage been given a weekly paycheque to spout his bullshit over the air unfiltered? How is this even allowed?

Because Farage is our media golden boy, we MUST know his opinion and views on all political things.

...I wish this was a /s but too many people here actually think this.

Oct 27, 2017

Because he's been given a platform to spout his bullshit for so long he has followers and those in charge of the media either have no morals or support him. He wasn't a party leader when his LBC show started, so technically I don't think there's a conflict there but once he founded the Brexit party it should have stopped and especially shouldn't be allowed during an election. Maybe worth complaining to Ofcom?

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Fuck LBC.

Also, Trump starting to talk about Farage and Johnson working together tells you all you need to know about their nefarious plans, and people will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Everybody i talk to says Boris is better than Corbyn, yet they cant tell you why.

Oct 25, 2017

Because the British media loves platforming right wing views.

Trump told LBC listeners that he was not interested in buying the NHS, and criticised Corbyn as "so bad for your country".

"He'd be so bad, he'd take you in such a bad way. He'd take you into such bad places," he added.

Thanks for making a Labour campaign ad for them though

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Fuck LBC.

Also, Trump starting to talk about Farage and Johnson working together tells you all you need to know about their nefarious plans, and people will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Everybody i talk to says Boris is better than Corbyn, yet they cant tell you why.
Years upon years of unregulated conditioning by the likes of The Sun (common people newspaper) and Daily Mail (middle class newspaper) which are owned by Rupert Murdoch. It's literally Fox News in paper form that's gone unquestioned for decades.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Because he's been given a platform to spout his bullshit for so long he has followers and those in charge of the media either have no morals or support him. He wasn't a party leader when his LBC show started, so technically I don't think there's a conflict there but once he founded the Brexit party it should have stopped and especially shouldn't be allowed during an election. Maybe worth complaining to Ofcom?

Yeah, I don't see how the leader of the Brexit party is allowed his own radio show to promote his own party, then is allowed to have Trump on his show to blow smoke up his ass and telling the listeners how Nigel and Boris would be an "unstoppable" force.

Fucking bollocks.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

It's only a conflict of interest when election season kicks in.

He'll be stopping the show temporarily once Parliament dissolves for the election.

There's nothing in Ofcom's rules regarding who can present a show - Nick Clegg had LBC phone ins when he was Deputy PM I think.

Not defending him, but just saying that it's allowed under broadcasting law.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's not exactly a surprise that Trump has no morals but no president should be openly trumpeting candidates in another country's elections, not unless it's like a Mugabe situation or something

And Farage is like the turd that won't flush, I'm sure even long after Brexit is done he'll refuse to go away

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was wondering the same, didn't even know he had his own time slot on radio.

What an endorsement for Corbyn though!

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Seen this a lot.

You'd have to have had your fingers stuck in your ears and eyes for the last 4 years to think this will land as a positive for Corbyn.
Ah yes, I forgot how much the people of the UK loved Trump..

anti-trump-protesters.jpg

That solid 19% approval rating.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Trump is fucking hated in the UK. It's basically the only thing the public can agree on.

Disagree with this. British right-wingers generally hate anything American, but you read the comments in the Express and you'll see they love what Trump is doing and stands for.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, I forgot how much the people of the UK loved Trump..

anti-trump-protesters.jpg

That solid 19% approval rating.

I wonder how large the crossover is between the people in that rally, and the various marches for Remain..

Trump's popularity doesn't matter. We've had 4 years of signposts towards leave/leavers/Farage being a stinking pile and none of it has stuck. Nobody who is listening to Farage hates Trump enough to suddenly go "oh well I'm going to vote Corbyn now he's said it!". You're giving far too much credit there to people who haven't earnt the right to be given it.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Disagree with this. British right-wingers generally hate anything American, but you read the comments in the Express and you'll see they love what Trump is doing and stands for.
Look at the Yougov poll I posted above. He has a 67% disapproval number. That's pretty massive.

I wonder how large the crossover is between the people in that rally, and the various marches for Remain..

Trump's popularity doesn't matter. We've had 4 years of signposts towards leave/leavers/Farage being a stinking pile and none of it has stuck. Nobody who is listening to Farage hates Trump enough to suddenly go "oh well I'm going to vote Corbyn now he's said it!". You're giving far too much credit there to people who haven't earnt the right to be given it.

It doesn't matter about who listens to Farage's show. It gives the soundbite that's going to be reported on nationally. I don't listen to Farage's show, obviously, and I heard about it because it's Trump trying to weigh in on an election and that's big news.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The posters I'm referring to make it pretty clear they're British - saying we should adopt his wall policy with our borders etc. Could be astroturfing, though.

You do get a lot of crazy people post on those sites. The Mail and the Express do not moderate their comments section either, turning into a complete shit show. Some of the comments there are absolutely sickening.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You do get a lot of crazy people post on those sites. The Mail and the Express do not moderate their comments section either, turning into a complete shit show. Some of the comments there are absolutely sickening.

Just a random look at a Trump article I saw "got to agree with Trump" and "I wish we had our own Trump" in the first few posts!

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Of course. When people disagree with you there's something fundamentally wrong about how they're acting, it's not just the disagreement right?

Some people are just too chickenshit to have to deal with differing opinions.