• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
dPsQLSG.gif

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
You think he could just stroll into the oval office if he lost the election? He'd get thrown out on his ass like you or I would. The secret service is beholden to the office of president, not Donald Trump. Hell even he tried to stall the election then Nancy Pelosi would automatically become president. There's literally no way for him to just ignore the election.
I'm not saying it's going to happen for sure. But things have been trending that way - I'm sure you or I would be thrown into jail for contempt if either of us blatantly ignored a congressional subpeona but...

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
And the kleptocracy continues.

An international crime syndicate masquerading as a government.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is a lot of things but he's not stupid or brazen enough to try and directly profit from this bill, it's not like he was eager to sign this so he could skim off a bunch for himself or risk putting a political appointee in charge of the purse strings, is something I could have said about any other president except this one.

Apr 21, 2018
Trump is a lot of things but he's not stupid or brazen enough to try and directly profit from this bill, it's not like he was eager to sign this so he could skim off a bunch for himself or risk putting a political appointee in charge of the purse strings, is something I could have said about any other president except this one.

LMAO you almost had me.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the moment he tries to enforce his approach, Congress can at least TRY to stop him right? Or judges? Somebody?

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what? Numerous times in his presidency he's profited from his role and his base won't ever turn against him

Edit: Should have fully read it all 😅

Last edited:

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Court Court Court Court
The result of the House trying to get the courts to order Don McGahn to testify was the courts washing their hands of the matter and telling them they won't get involved in a dispute between the Legislative branch and the Executive. Their "solution" was apparently that the House should use the tools they have available to force the Executive to comply. So... hold back the stimulus bill until Trump caves I suppose... that sounds like a good idea, right?

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Speaking of checks and balances on this presidency, when was the last time either branch of government successfully stopped the executive overreach? When the courts put a hold on his Muslim travel ban? Impeachment is going to be nothing but a footnote in history now that the pandemic and everything around it is going to be the focus going into the general election.

Jun 6, 2019
Speaking of checks and balances on this presidency, when was the last time either branch of government successfully stopped the executive overreach? When the courts put a hold on his Muslim travel ban? Impeachment is going to be nothing but a footnote in history now that the pandemic and everything around it is going to be the focus going into the general election.

Muslim ban was ultimately upheld.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bill literally specified that neither Trump, his family, Congress or any cabinet members can use the money for their 9wn businesses.

trump's entire business is predicated n falsifying ownership, hiding money, defrauding taxpayers and private industry and laundering funds for other shady bastards. The fact that they're going out of the way to prevent even basic oversight tells you that at the VERY least he's planning to reward or launder via friends and supporters. But shell companies and other entities are extremely simple with no oversight.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
trump's entire business is predicated n falsifying ownership, hiding money, defrauding taxpayers and private industry and laundering funds for other shady bastards. The fact that they're going out of the way to prevent even basic oversight tells you that at the VERY least he's planning to reward or launder via friends and supporters. But shell companies and other entities are extremely simple with no oversight.

I still feel like this is way too obvious, even for him. They literally have him on film agreeing to and signing into effect the terms. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised at the folks that would rush to his defense, but how do lawyers get around something so fundamental?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ultimate failure of the checks and balances system is the Senate voting to acquit Trump of any wrongdoing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like this is way too obvious, even for him. They literally have him on film agreeing to and signing into effect the terms. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised at the folks that would rush to his defense, but how do lawyers get around something so fundamental?

it can be manipulated to be legal and neither Trump nor tax lawyers are famed for having any shame. Think about it - Trump has to consider that by November he might never have a chance to recoup these losses (or find a way to profit) and he was weirdly silent about the stipulation.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
He just keeps getting away with it.

The next republican clown will be such a nightmare. I can't even imagine.

Let me guess their response:

"Hillary/Biden/Obama did ___________"
"If Hillary/Biden/Obama did __________ people wouldn't care"
"When Hillary/Biden/Obama did __________ nobody did anything"
"But Hillary"
"But Obama"
"Hoax"
"fake news"

Am I missing anything from the Republican playbook?
"Emails!"

Oct 25, 2017
it hasn't even been 24 hours since he signed the bill, and he's already declared he'll break the law he just put into place

not even 24 hours

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The motto of the Trump presidency? Nothing that has happened in this administration has been according to "norms" - rules are broken all the damn time and the checks and balances aren't working as they should.
His term ends in January 2021 regardless of any election. If there's no election, he ceases to be president then. If he loses, he also ceases to be president then. If he wins, he starts a new term. There's no scenario for him to just ignore it. He was elected for a four year term.

Oct 25, 2017
Can the House and Senate Dems hold payments on that part of the bill? Even illegally and force Trump to take it to court?

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

If there are no consequences? Why wouldn't they? There's only upside.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
And half the country is ok with him writing himself a 500 billion $ check with their own money. It's really unreal how good brainwashing is as a tactic.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it can be manipulated to be legal and neither Trump nor tax lawyers are famed for having any shame. Think about it - Trump has to consider that by November he might never have a chance to recoup these losses (or find a way to profit) and he was weirdly silent about the stipulation.

True.

I just want to see what Grand Canyon sized bullshit judges/lawyers think they can pull that would allow someone to walk free out of a bill you endorsed publicly and signed into law on national television.

Then I want to call my state officials and scream at them, lol.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can the House and Senate Dems hold payments on that part of the bill? Even illegally and force Trump to take it to court?
They already passed the bill. It's the law of the land and the white house is authorized to spend that money. They can try to pass another bill that withhold the money, but I seriously doubt it has a chance in the senate.

Oct 25, 2017
They already passed the bill. It's the law of the land and the white house is authorized to spend that money. They can try to pass another bill that withhold the money, but I seriously doubt it has a chance in the senate.

But that's my point. If Trump isn't going to abide by the law, then why should they?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But that's my point. If Trump isn't going to abide by the law, then why should they?
I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
That the house pass a bill and then declare that even though it haven't been passed by the senate or signed by the president it's now the law of the land?
I don't think that will achieve much.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
That the house pass a bill and then declare that even though it haven't been passed by the senate or signed by the president it's now the law of the land?
I don't think that will achieve much.

That's exactly what Trump is saying, so why not? He signed it, and now says he won't comply with the rules. In that case, they shouldn't allow the checks to go out.

Jan 18, 2018
I was about to light you up lmao

grand

Oct 25, 2017
The lawsuits and investigations against this man once he stops being President will be neverending.