• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
OTTAWA (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said border restrictions between Canada and the United States because of the novel coronavirus pandemic would be lifted "pretty soon", just hours after the two countries confirmed they would remain in place until at least Oct. 21.

"We're looking at the border with Canada. Canada would like it opened and we want to get back to normal business," Trump told reporters in Washington. "We're going to be opening the borders pretty soon."

There was no immediate explanation from the White House for the discrepancy or what Trump meant by "pretty soon."

On Twitter, Canada's Minister for Public Safety Bill Blair confirmed a month-long extension of border restrictions. "We will continue to base our decisions on the best public health advice available to keep Canadians safe."

Sources in Washington and Ottawa this week said the measures on the border would most likely have to be rolled over until at least the end of November.

Donald, you lose every fight you start with us. Don't poke a fucking sleeping Moose.

www.reuters.com

Hours after U.S.-Canada border closure extended to October 21, Trump says it 'opening pretty soon'

U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said border restrictions between Canada and the United States because of the novel coronavirus pandemic would be lifted "pretty soon", just hours after the two countries confirmed they would remain in place until at least Oct. 21.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Don't poke a fucking sleeping Moose.
DqDLwfq.gif

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Border needs to remain shuttered indefinitely.
If the US wants to spread its COVID-19 germs up here so badly they can bring in the tanks and invade.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, I don't expect the border to be opened again normally until at least sometime in late 2021 at the earliest, or realistically 2022.

Wave 2 is starting in many countries across the world, while the US is still at nuclear contamination levels of their Wave 1 because it never stopped.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, yeah, I'm sure Canada would like it opened. In the sense that they'd like the virus to be under control and everything to be back to normal. But that doesn't mean they're going to open it now, when shit's still a mess.

Because Canada knows that sometimes you can't do what you want to do, you have to do what's responsible. You can't always eat two scoops of ice cream. Sometimes you've gotta eat your vegetables.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Amusing (to me) related note. I've had three holidays booked to Canada in my lifetime...

1st: Lost my job. No money.
2nd: Shattered my hip. Couldn't travel.
3rd: Currently booked for Christmas... but yeah, not happening.

I feel like I should apologise to everyone for causing this most recent disruption.

Oct 27, 2017
Amusing (to me) related note. I've had three holidays booked to Canada in my lifetime...

1st: Lost my job. No money.
2nd: Shattered my hip. Couldn't travel.
3rd: Currently booked for Christmas... but yeah, not happening.

I feel like I should apologise to everyone for causing this most recent disruption.
That is just the worst luck ever

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
As a Canadian, no, no we don't.

Even with the border officially closed, shithead Americans are still sneaking in. I can't even imagine the chaos the morons would wreak if they actually had free reign.

America is sick, in more ways than one. No casual entry until that's sorted.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The stupid fuck needs to shut the fuck up. The border stays closed until after the election. Until the USA gets its shit under control. Not a moment before. End of story.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I usually visit my family in the US a few times each year, it seems like that's not happening this year though.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
As a Canadian, no, no we don't.

Even with the border officially closed, shithead Americans are still sneaking in. I can't even imagine the chaos the morons would wreak if they actually had free reign.

America is sick, in more ways than one. No casual entry until that's sorted.

I think they closed the Alaska loophole already. If you see any American plates those are usually people visiting family or can be dual citizens or Canadians who have permanent residency in the US coming back. They all have to do the two week quarantine upon arrival too.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
No Trump, don't want "your" people here. Stay the fuck out. People in real need though that don't support the GOP due to their morals and never voted for Trump(or Bush) are welcomed.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Letting America in your country right now is a huge mistake, they seem to don't give a fuck about their own mandates so they will care even less about the ones of another country.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Just imagine the wave of Americans coming in, not wearing masks, screaming and fighting with workers along the way. Infecting locals, and laughing when they get sick.

We already have issues with some people here embracing conspiracy theories and not wearing masks, we don't need american tourists in addition.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As an American I don't want most of Americans in my country, of course no other country wants "us"

Hey I'm from MN though, so Canada feel free to adopt us, ive been on multiple boundary water trips, just let quetico absorb Minnesota discretely.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No Trump, don't want "your" people here. Stay the fuck out. People in real need though that don't support the GOP due to their morals and never voted for Trump(or Bush) are welcomed.
Thanks, but even I wouldnt take us at this point. But you might be accepting refugees here soon.

That's meant to be a joke, but hey, the year's not over yet!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Cases are spiking in here Canada but yes we absolutely want to open up the borders to the country fucking it all up the most. Lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK. OFF. FOR(as long as it takes to administer a vaccine to a majority percentage of the North American public).

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Sucks I still can't visit my parents. Been 7 months now, but this country's stupidity knows no bounds so... yeah, keep it closed.