• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I made one of these threads, but it was too stupid not to share.

Business Insider said:
When Reince Priebus was the White House chief of staff, President Donald Trump repeatedly asked him whether badgers, the state animal of Priebus's home state of Wisconsin, are mean to people, how they "work," and how aggressive they can get.

That's according to "Sinking In The Swamp: How Trump's Minions and Misfits Poisoned Washington," a new book by Daily Beast reporters Lachlan Markay and Asawin Suebsaeng.

Priebus served as Trump's chief of staff for rougly six months, from when Trump took office to the end of July 2017.

During that time, Trump would often "waste Priebus's time" during briefings about foreign and domestic policy by pelting him with questions about badgers.

"Are they mean to people?" Trump at least twice asked Priebus in the opening months of his presidency. "Or are they friendly creatures?" The president would also ask if Priebus had any photos of badgers he could show him, and if Priebus could carefully explain to him how badgers "work" exactly.

Like the Gorilla Channel, only real.

Oct 28, 2017
Sigh....you know its a sad state of affairs when you miss the Preibus-era of this past (checks notes) 3 YEARS?! That can't be right....

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Imagining Priebus trying to explain NATO article 5 or someshit and Trump interrupting with how badgers work makes me laugh

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
THh1.gif

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised by Trump's inquisitiveness about a topic that isn't nukes or corruption.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
If the man asking the questions wasn't such a fascist piece of shit it would have been kind of cute.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Priebus was specifically installed by the GOP because Trump was an outsider and Priebus was one of the folks in the White House most knowledgable about the ins and outs of Capitol Hill. So of course Trump never called on that knowledge and only ever used him for catching flies buzzing around his office or telling stories about badgers. I can only imagine that when Priebus got off that plane, heard he got sacked and the limousines departed without him, a part of him was silently screaming in relieved joy.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
To be fair those are perfectly valid questions that I would have as well, given my relatively (read: none) little experience with badgers. I probably wouldn't ask them during policy briefings, though. Hell maybe I would.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
President Donald Trump repeatedly asked him whether badgers, the state animal of Priebus's home state of Wisconsin, are mean to people

For the love of God, please someone set up a private meeting for the president so he can find out in person.

Also someone please poke that badger with a stick for like an hour before the meeting.

Did he ever call him Reince Badger (you know, like Tim Apple)?

No but, Rinsed Prius is totally probable.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
The temptation to gaslight this motherfucker every day must be too strong to resist for anyone in his inner circle.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Well they lost the Rose Bowl in each of their last four appearances, so they can't be that mean. Can't even top Ducks, Horned Frogs, or Cardinals. Sad!

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Just got done watching the Netflix Dirty Money episode on Trump. Dude has been a clueless colostomy bag of a human being his whole life. Not surprised lol.