• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Who had the under on two full days until he changed course? Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
We should just treat Trump as we would any other person that is completely out of their mind. Nothing he says means anything

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, so he regrets posting the "Sorry, I did a bad" video but not sharing the "Don't go to the Inauguration tomorrow" tweet that got him perma-banned.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
it was like he held himself up at gunpoint when he did it

why lie, we know he's a fucking racist fascist dictator wannabe and his intent on that day was to become that dictator.

Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone have a screen grab of the last tweet before his main-account got permabanned?

He posted:
"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!" at 9:46 AM

Then:
"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th." at 10:44 AM

Shortly afterwards he was permabanned.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought a few republicans were using the video to avoid helping to get rid of him, i kinda hope he pushes just enough to change their minds.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*Trump sobs uncontrollably*
"Sir, is it the 4,000 Americans who died of COVID yesterday?"
*wipes nose*
"N-no! They... they took... MY TWITTER!!!"
*floods White House*

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
"B-b-b-unity!"

His GOP enablers continue to embarrass themselves.They should all be out.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
He posted:
"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!" at 9:46 AM

Then:
"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th." at 10:44 AM

Trump is completely tone-deaf to post about the people who voted for him "not being disrespected" especially after they stormed the Capitol. If it went the wrong way and members of Congress or even Mike Pence and reps/senators that support him died, I'm not exactly sure what we seeing or hearing now.

I imagine that Trump would have a press conference and be combative during it, those who stormed the Capitol would destroy the electoral college votes for the battleground states and Trump would declare himself President for the next four years (or longer).

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
He posted:

Then:

Oh ok I thought there was one more tweet after that. Thanks.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Man, pick a fucking lane.

I wonder who forced his shitty apology video.

I suspect it was actually just Twitter. They temp banned him and warned him that they'd suspend his account if he kept egging them on, so he recanted. Of course he could not help himself and poured more gasoline like immediately after, so they perma banned him. From his usual, completely self-centered point of view, he most likely feels that retraction, rather than the bare minimum expected of a so-caled human being, was a concession he didn't need to make and that earned him nothing.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The thing with sociopaths is that they are generally smart enough to see what they are supposed to say in a given situation, and will say it. But they almost always feel and act, eventually, the opposite.

Sociopaths learn to say what they need to say by being confronted by those surrounding them when they say something out of line. If Diaper Don ever had anyone around him willing to tell him how fucked up he is, he certainly hasn't had anyone for a while now, especially since his automatic response is to fire them.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Imo this is something the NY Times or any media should not report on regarding Trump... it's basically getting his word out for him, since he has no platform to get that word out.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Even his 'peaceful transition' video ended with him telling his lunatic followers that things have just begun. He never meant it, or he'd have left that part out, or at least had it edited out.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I'm like 99% sure that the only reason Trump made that video was to salvage his Twitter account. He regrets it because he lost it anyways lol
Sad but true. Thought he could use the video as leverage but still had stuff taken away from him. Now he whines like the little bitch he is and regrets making it, further showing how disingenuous this man really is.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
He only made that video to get unbanned from Twitter, then Twitter soon banned him anyways, and it's a perma ban at that. No shit he regrets it since what he said wasn't sincere anyways.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I love that he made a video conceding just to have Twitter unban him, only for Twitter to ban him after releasing the video so he can't tweet to the masses how he's not conceding and it's not over. I bet, more than anything, it eats at him to his very core that his last messages on Twitter are his concession, him acknowledging defeat.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Trumpers and Trump apologists with brain worms like to paint Donald as some kind of effective showman and masterful troll, but he couldn't even cut a believable 3 minute video to save his precious twitter account or flip the narrative for the remaining days of his Presidency. Press outlets covered the video when it was released, because you know, he's a state leader and it's their job to cover it, and then the press immediately went back to covering the aftermath of the Capitol siege by his cult. The video was about as convincing as McEnany's one minute press briefing faux condemnation of the attack and then doing her usually performative storming out without taking questions schtick.

Trump put more earnest effort when trying to convince Marc Siegel from Fox News that he's not a moron ("Person, woman, man, camera, TV" interview) than the hostage-like "smooth transition" video.