• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 19, 2020
Aren't all political campaign emails kind of like this? Maybe not THIS desperate sounding but they all have this type of "[Your Name Here], you are central to our cause!" dialogue.

Oct 30, 2017
Those emails get more and more aggressive. I imagine the next one will be.

Fuck you, Jake. You little shit. The DEADLINE is OVER. President Trump just stormed out of the meeting after learning that JAKE from VERMONT did not get his donation in on time. He is crying in the presidential bathroom right now. CRYING. Thanks, Jake.

Fuck you.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Someone from work signed me up for this shit I think, and lemme tell ya I was gonna just block it in the mail filter but the emails are just so fucking insane that I had to let them keep delivering.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I've seen other ones playing the opposite game, telling the receiver that they've been invited to an exclusive club of Trump's top 100 supporters and please make a donation to confirm your membership.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Jake,

Your president wants to invite you over for dinner. Here's the thing:

Dinner is on you!

Stump up at the following link and we will call you soon Jake, you're the best Jake

trump.org/hats

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Wow, this confirms it. Trump really is a man of the people. I can't believe he's taken the time to learn all his donors personally. The Lame Stream Media should be ashamed of themselves. I'd better get my donation in now.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
lol

Jake. Is everything OK?

Unemployment, the 'rona, cops executing unarmed citizens in broad daylight in front of running cameras, large scale civil rights protests, statues of Jake's heroes being torn down, dangerous antifa gangs roaming the streets looking to steal elderly peoples wallets, Elmo crying on live TV about the state of America etc.

Chances are you haven't made America great for Jake and Jake has fucking had it with you.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The Dems do this too, but not nearly as creepy lol. I had to tell the Biden campaign to stop emailing me because it was coming 2-3 times a day and was tired of getting the alerts on my phone.

Oct 27, 2017
I got a letter saying it was from Melania Trump for who knows what reason. I was amused by the "Check enclosed!" on the outside, suspecting what was to come. The c'mon was that the check would me made out to me. Yep, it was a check made out to the Trump campaign that they claimed she'd match if I sent the same amount in.
Needless to say, that didn't happen.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Reminds me of those late night evangelical things I'd see on TV at like 2am back in the day. They'd be like "Jake from Vermont, God knows you've been having a terrible time. Donate now and your sins will be forgiven and hardships will pass. Same goes for you Karen from Connecticut and Becky from Belleville"

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I have a friend who follows conservative shit just to keep tabs on what they're saying and he definitely got that same "this isn't like you" email. It's like the political version of thirsty dudes on Twitter.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Trump is this emotionally needy now, imagine how he would react to the break-up.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Aren't all political campaign emails kind of like this? Maybe not THIS desperate sounding but they all have this type of "[Your Name Here], you are central to our cause!" dialogue.

Well for starters these aren't "[DONOR], you are central to our cause" at all...

These are all intensely personal, acting as though Trump actually gives a shit about the person and notices they haven't donated.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Reminds me of those late night evangelical things I'd see on TV at like 2am back in the day. They'd be like "Jake from Vermont, God knows you've been having a terrible time. Donate now and your sins will be forgiven and hardships will pass. Same goes for you Karen from Connecticut and Becky from Belleville"
exactly what I was thinking. That ep where they donated on Last Night : John Oliver ep to those evangelical things and kept getting crazy mail. Fits that Trump will use a tactic of his main base.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
tenor.gif

It would make sense that MAGA idiots and boomers fell for that kind of marketing and scamming