• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe, but I think they also legitimately thought loads of people would show up, so why would they set up the detectors on the exits?

It's probably better to just assume they are lying through their teeth and not some elaborate double counting trick.
Detectors could have been left in place, and off, and what they said would still technically be true. Not "technically" lying is enough for them, even if it's complete horseshit.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
What makes this even better is all the grifters selling trump gear that's all made in China coming there thinking they would make a killing this week. Oh and who can forget that shitty family band singing that trump song.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Any analysis on why attendance was so low?

Covid?
Protests?
Or is the message of hate wearing out?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it matters whether it's 6,200 or 12,000. The point is they repeatedly bragged about over a million ticket requests and expected a full house with tons of people in the overflow, and at best they filled less than two thirds of the arena. His big comeback was a dud even with 12,000 attendees. His ego is still hurt.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I don't think it matters whether it's 6,200 or 12,000. The point is they repeatedly bragged about over a million ticket requests and expected a full house with tons of people in the overflow, and at best they filled less than two thirds of the arena. His big comeback was a dud even with 12,000 attendees. His ego is still hurt.

Pascale better watch his back. Trump will stab him any day now with a snide tweet or comment in an interview. Someones got to take the fall for his poor ego.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
How we feeling on his re-election chances?

- He lost the popular vote and barely won the election against Clinton, a very unpopular candidate.
- He is now going up against a fairly popular candidate who will be able to grab moderates from Trump.
- His own base has shrunk since 2016.
- Anti-Trump sentiment has risen thanks to his horrific handling of COVID-19 and the nationwide protests.
- The economy is bad.

We should feel good but not get complacent.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
A significant sign that his reelection is in jeopardy is that he's always on defense nowadays, has been for a long while too. A campaign that's always on defense is a campaign in trouble.
In 2016 he was all offense, Clinton was the one on defense.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
And just as planned we are talking about crowd sizes and not the firing of SDNY attorney. This shit is exhausting and everyone falls hook line and sinker.

Yes, the President and his campaign purposely failed at hosting a rally, which his campaign will now have to work night and day to try and get past, in order to cover up the firing at the SDNY.

Sounds like a plan.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he sees the writing on the wall and just resigns before the election lol.

Narcissists tend to run away (while still claiming victory) if they know they are going to lose. I'm interested to see how this plays out. He's got that loser-stink all over him now, and I suspect his polling will fall even more behind Biden.
The usual thing would be to declare a health issue and resign, but Trump is far too narcissistic for that excuse.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Next really they should just have their staffers run through the metal detectors back and forth. "The fire marshal only said 6,000 people were here but the metal detectors say it's over 70k!"

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
There is literally nothing interesting or funny about the story he's trying to tell.

He's just talking about walking down a fucking ramp and the crowd loves it.

What the fuck.

They way he tells it too, like this fucker is bullshitting so hard and the audience is eating it up. This is why you don't reason with trump supporters, they can't spot a bullshitter if their life depended on it.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think we shouldn't forget four and a half months in the run-up to a presidential election is an eternity, especially in such unpredictable times. Who knows what will happen and what they will pull before the election.

But Biden is a widely-known, popular, likable guy and a pretty safe choice with appeal across a lot of demographics, whereas Trump, despite being the incumbent, is unpopular, and people are unhappy right now, with many of them blaming him for making things worse.

I think the combination of Biden being the nominee, the coronavirus and the BLM protests will be a devastating blow. Things got hard, he fucked up because he's incompetent, and he's running against someone who isn't. But Republicans are easily swayed and Trump will stop at nothing to win the election. He's the underdog but he cannot be underestimated when it comes to fighting dirty.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the fire department number include everyone in the building?

So that 6200 might include all of the support personnel in place for the event.

It's really tough to say. Who knows what the next 12+ trump scandals will be between now and November.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Lmao you just know this fucker is livid, that pic of him leaving Marine One is just so satisfying. Tie undone, looks miserable, probably didn't sleep at all...

Nov 7, 2017
There is literally nothing interesting or funny about the story he's trying to tell.

He's just talking about walking down a fucking ramp and the crowd loves it.

What the fuck.
They love it because it reinforces their idea that the media is persecuting him and by extension them by giving him a hard time. He tells them these terrible embellished stories and they feel like they're getting the actual truth. Pure victim complex, standard republicans.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
They love it because it reinforces their idea that the media is persecuting him and by extension them by giving him a hard time. He tells them these terrible embellished stories and they feel like they're getting the actual truth. Pure victim complex, standard republicans.
"The media won't TELL YOU I can drink water with one hand!!! *brings small cup to lips, does not actually drink*"
Crowd:
giphy.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone made a video of muscles cracking as he painfully lifts the cup to his mouth?

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I just hope this means that a portion of his base is reconsidering on not voting for Trump after all the failures he has done so far

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I hear him saying his way of fighting Covid was better than anyone else and he acted the quickliest of all?

I know lying is his MO, but he keeps hitting new lows for me. There has to be a limit to how low you can go. He's far beyond it.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The water thing was hilarious! Like it's a huge accomplishment by using one hand and he tosses it like a mic drop. LOL