• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
What are you getting at? This is no different than what he has done before that didn't stick. I hope it does, but we shall see. Don't get it twisted, I hope he loses badly. I've donated a ton to the bidne/harris campaign and am going to at least text bank, but I don't think this one will magically stick when nothing else has. He's racist. We've known that, and it is literally nothing new. His base knows that. The undecided's probably know that. I think the gov should step in, but we know they won't.
Not really, this is not new for him. Not even the first time he has failed to condemn white supremacy, which is unsurprising because the man is a white supremacist. This has been known for years at this point, this was not a shocking outcome from the debate at all.

Like Van Jones acting all shocked by this is particularly rich because that's coming from the "tonight Donald Trump just became president" guy who was palling around with Kushner up until recently. Glad Van finally sees that Trump is a white supremacist, not sure why it took him 4 fucking years to figure that out.
Priming people to generate chaos on election day is on a different level from simply claiming Mexicans are stealing our jobs or whatever. Yes, everyone with an iota of common sense saw this coming, but the level of danger in his messaging has ramped up, and it's important that it gets called out for what it is. He's asking the white supremacists to act on his behalf now.

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not the primary issue here, but I can never get over just what a laughably pathetic name "Proud Boys" is.

Bunch of fucking losers hiding behind a gun calling yourself the "Proud Boys". It's hysterical. Gimps club.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I know it's not the primary issue here, but I can never get over just what a laughably pathetic name "Proud Boys" is.

Bunch of fucking losers hiding behind a gun calling yourself the "Proud Boys". It's hysterical. Gimps club.
It's actually part of the idea behind them, same as co-opting the ok gesture and using Pepe. It makes it sound more ridiculous and makes them seem more 'friendly' and ridiculous, to mask the fucking hate and racism that's at their core.

Tobli

Oct 30, 2017
It's actually part of the idea behind them, same as co-opting the ok gesture and using Pepe. It makes it sound more ridiculous and makes them seem more 'friendly' and ridiculous, to mask the fucking hate and racism that's at their core.

Thought slime adressed this in a recent video,

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've literally never heard of the "Proud Boys" before, but seeing Trump say "stand back and stand by" is just fucking insane.

Stand by for what?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
He has nothing to lose. Which is why you know it's going to happen. And every member of the GOP is going to look the other way and pretend he didn't encourage it.

The entirety of the GOP needs to be stripped from Government. No do-overs, no second chances. They're trying to enable and promote a fascist takeover of the United States. Not a single ranking member will truly speak up. They've made their decision.
Absolutely how I feel. The biggest obstacle to progress beyond the GOP itself is the naïve Biden-esque idea that the GOP of the last 4 years isn't the real GOP or that deep down the Republican Party is interested in fair politic and deserve continued chances to pretend to be a legitimate political party. The GOP needs to be excised as an opposition party worthy of equal consideration because it's nothing more than an terrorist group interested only in the dismantling of the country & the death & suffering of the American people. It's a criminal enterprise first and foremost which has & will continue to use the rhetoric of politics, legislation & government to pretend otherwise.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There is 0% chance that there is going to be a peaceful transition of power. People are going to die

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I've literally never heard of the "Proud Boys" before, but seeing Trump say "stand back and stand by" is just fucking insane.

Stand by for what?

Retaliation against the people "stealing the election" from Trump ie Black people, Hispanic people, LGBTQ+ people, democrats, Muslim Americans; essentially all the people white supremacists have been champing at the bit to cull em masse and to have that culling be endorsed by the president.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you clearly don't understand where it's coming from saying this lol. I hate to tell you, but America isn't the only country that's had a democracy that's fallen to dictatorship and most of the time the fall is not a pretty one. I know people like to think America is special, but I can promise you that its people are just like everyone else in the world and throughout history. Under the right circumstances, the right rulers and at the right time, a lot of things can fall very, very quickly and people with means can and will do terrible things while many others look the other way. You think people aren't 'passionate' enough to do it, but a lot of people in a lot of countries thought the same thing I imagine whenever the hammer fell. You'll see eventually, whether you want to or not.

It's the same thing that happened in the 50s iirc when researchers showed people that "Don't be a sucker" video and a lot of americans thought "nah, never gonna happen here".

Ironically, a lot of suckers out there unfortunately.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
There is 0% chance that there is going to be a peaceful transition of power. People are going to die

I dunno.
He's trying to be dictator, but a smart dictator knows not to shit on the military, lol.
He's going to muddy the vote counting process and rally his troops...but its not as if there's going to be the leftist 'antifa' in the streets fighting for Biden. My fear is executive orders and the courts, not violence. If its violence, imho most likely he's already 'lost'

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Stand by for what?
Trump has already refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses. He will do ANYTHING to stay in power, even if that means attempting to incite civil unrest by having racists pieces of shits like the Proud Boys gunning people down.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised that the media doesn't mention Trump keeping a copy of My New Order and his father being arrested at a KKK rally when talking about this. Trump will try to discredit it and say it's a lie. When he does that, that means it's true.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
This is not remotely normal and shouldn't be treated as such. This is the most direct and explicit endorsement of white supremacist terror by a US President in perhaps a century. This is almost certainly the most openly fascist call to arms by a US President since the nation's founding.

This is Willy Stark x10. This is Plot Against America shit. But it's REAL.

This is not normal. This is HORRIFYING. If America just shrugs at this as "Eh, that's just Trump" and doesn't rise up to throw this Hitler wannabe out of office pronto, this country deserves everything it gets.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is maybe the only thing from last night that genuinely surprised me. "Stand back and stand by" isn't something he would say off the cuff as an unforced error - it was something he practiced ahead of time and went into the debate wanting to say.

It's an explicit call for violence and voter intimidation. Straight up.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
What makes things worst is how chummy the police is with this trash.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
What the fuck is wrong with white people in this world? They just couldn't stand living with people of color anymore?
As a white person, I can say it seems like white communities are terrified of becoming a "minority" compared to all other nonwhites added up. It's a bizarre funhouse mirror way to view the world, but here we are. I am disgusted by this line of thinking, but it's at least part of the reason whites are so fragile and terrified of anyone with melanin. They perceive the world as one in which they currently hold prominence and to them, losing any cultural prominence is a zero sum game. Losing any ground is essentially admitting defeat.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying white supremacy, account in junior phase
What the fuck is wrong with white people in this world? They just couldn't stand living with people of color anymore?

Remember that even among people with white skin, the amout of racist people are a minority. But because of cultural circumstances they are a very loud minority at this point in time. Hating on white people as a concept isnt helpful if you want to progress society.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Remember that even among people with white skin, the amout of racist people are a minority.

2dmk14.jpg

I doubt

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember that even among people with white skin, the amout of racist people are a minority. But because of cultural circumstances they are a very loud minority at this point in time. Hating on white people as a concept isnt helpful if you want to progress society.

Imagine still believing this.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020

Really? I fundamentally disagree with your assessment. I mean you just posted an image-macro of Chris Hemsworth, a white guy that (to my knowledge) is not a racist shithead. Anyhow, this is a discussion for another topic and I have no intention of derailing this one.

The sad thing is, like everything else, this comment by Trump will not stick to him. Its been shown again and again that Trump supporters do not care what he does or says, they will vote for him. You cant rely on Trump blowing himself up. The only way that he can hopefully be pushed out of the office is if the voter turnout on the left is great this election.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
How I read it, Trump tried to repeat what Biden said but fucked it up so badly that now it's a call to arms for the Proud Boys. Cool cool cool.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Eh I don't buy that. I'm white and probably at least half hold some level of disdain for minorities. Either through their own biases, ignorance, or being drip fed acceptable stereotypes their entire lives. Don't get me wrong there are plenty that are just outright racist.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Trump basically tells his brown shirts to be ready to commit violence, but tons of voters still hem and haw over Biden not giving enough concrete details on plans or going full ACAB (which regardless of how you feel would just provide the GOP with a go to clip and talking point for the rest of the campaign).

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC didn't Biden straight up call Trump racist last night and Trump didn't even bother to deny it? I find that interesting with how much Trump was interrupting everything Biden was saying.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
The sad thing is, like everything else, this comment by Trump will not stick to him. Its been shown again and again that Trump supporters do not care what he does or says, they will vote for him. You cant rely on Trump blowing himself up. The only way that he can hopefully be pushed out of the office is if the voter turnout on the left is great this election.

Yup. He even kicked off the debate with the "Pocahontas" slur and barely any media touched on it. It's just normal now and nobody bats an eye.

Oct 25, 2017

More than half of white people voted for Trump. That alone tells you racists are the majority of white people. That's not even acknowledging the fact that a significant percentage of """progressive""" whites are also racist. Shit isn't going to get better if we ignore our problems with race and pretend racism isn't as big an issue as it is.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This is gonna do wonders for the Proud Boys recruitment.
They were literally namedropped on a global stage by the President.
They were ACKNOWLEDGED. People who were on the fence about joining them will now see they are "legit" and flock to them.
Fuck me.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019

white people earned that hate fair and square

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that even among people with white skin, the amout of racist people are a minority.

The Republican Party officially turned to racism in 1964 and they've won over more white people than the Democrats ever since. That's not a coincidence, that's proof that tons of white people are racist.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

Tell me what group of people are directly responsible for the state that america is in right now? And to tell us that calling that out is not going to progress society is laughable at best.

Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling and downplaying white supremacy over multiple posts; prior serious ban for sexism
Saying tons of white people are are racist and the majority of white people are racist aren't the same thing. I would agree that tons are, but not most. This board really flirts with the "all white people are racist" stance at times. That wouldn't be the most radical idea pitched here, but it's still pretty dangerous.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
This was Trump's easy question of the night to make him not look like a raging idiot and he's so racist he can't even take the win.

The Moderator allowing Trump to worm his way out of further clarification should be ashamed but I think it's partly him being a Fox News stooge that let most of this stuff happen to begin with.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
As a black man that grew up in America, I'm going to need a source to back this up because in my experience that has not been the case. Many people aren't overtly racist but if you sit and do nothing while racism is happening you support the racism.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Lol, of course his cult is using the transcript where he says "I'm prepared to do it" as an excuse.

Like yeah, he really needs to prepare to say it when he was put on the spot on live national TV and deflected.

Same usual dick gargling from them.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This was Trump's easy question of the night to make him not look like a raging idiot and he's so racist he can't even take the win.

The Moderator allowing Trump to worm his way out of further clarification should be ashamed but I think it's partly him being a Fox News stooge that let most of this stuff happen to begin with.
Personally I don't like Chris Wallace but I think he knew that Trump would not commit to it and he gave him extra opportunity to correct was like him giving him an extra shovel.

Oct 25, 2017
Saying tons of white people are are racist and the majority of white people are racist aren't the same thing. I would agree that tons are, but not most. This board really flirts with the "all white people are racist" stance at times. That wouldn't be the most radical idea pitched here, but it's still pretty dangerous.
Are there any ideas that white people "flirt with" that you find dangerous?